Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 20:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Understanding the service estimate for my Hyundai (1st paid service)

The Servicing cost of my 16 year old Santro Xing comes out equal to or sometimes more expensive than my father’s 8 year old diesel EcoSport.

Saw the new ad campaign of Hyundai during IPL matches promoting lower service costs featuring SRK. Is it just a hogwash or are they also going the Ford way ?
ScorpioYadav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 13:43   #17
BHPian

I can well relate to this as I am also a Hyundai Customer. I own Grand i10 (Dec 2017) and had a similar experience with Lakshmi Hyundai Hebbal, Bangalore in January 2021 during the 4th service.

It was general service where the service advisor firstly tried to exaggerate the importance of unnecessary items like Engine Lacquering etc. (In actual there is not much use of Lacquering. However the service advisor completely mislead me in this case and told that it is mandatory at fourth service, whereas in their website indicating service charges there is no description of such thing.
It appears that the claims made by Hyundai on their website about service charges are completely misleading. As per their website claims the 4th service should have cost around Rs 3150 + GST = Rs 4165. However the total bill has come around Rs 6700.

<The actual cost estimate proposed by the service advisor in the morning was way higher i.e around Rs 8300. After seeing the estimate I was surprised and asked Service Advisor to remove few services which as per my knowledge were not at all required eg Engine Flushing agent but I somehow got trapped with Engine Lacquering>.

In addition to this the vehicle was returned in a very untidy manner as follows:
- Oil marks on the rear door beige portion
- Foot mats full of sand with dirty newspaper.
- Oil stain on the windshield.

What can be more pathetic than this, I had to clean the car myself again after reaching home.

Service Advisors also have the sales target on them. Most of them try to mislead the customer by adding such kind of unecessary items and using fancy terms so as to trap the customers.
Apex1815 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 17:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkapilb View Post
How much did you pay for this service? It's not visible in the bill uploaded.
Sorry for the delayed reply. The service cost came to ~12K for a normal servicing. Initially the SA had given an estimate of ~16K and I was speechless. I knocked off a few things to bring it down.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experience and tips. Will refer to this thread again the next time I give it for servicing
Old 30th November 2021, 11:03   #19
BHPian

Hi all,

I have a 2018 Grand i10 AT which I have just given for paid servicing at Advait Hyundai, ITPL branch in Bangalore. Estimate was around 10k + tax including wheel balancing, alignment (~1600).
They mention 4500 for Paid servicing charge (includes all labour, cleaning charges), 3300 for synthetic oil from Shell, 800 for consumables.

I requested to skip wheel balancing and alignment since my car has only run 1000km or so in the past year, including 8 months without use. Changed synthetic to mineral oil as I don't anticipate too much usage over the next 1 year as well.

So my questions for this:
1. Is there any major difference in using mineral oil vs synthetic? For low usage would mineral oil be fine considering there is a 1.5k difference in price?

2. They offered 5th year warranty for around 7k. I have 4th year warranty till end of next year. Is it worth paying the 7k for 5th year warranty if I plan on keeping the car? Its an AT car with TC gearbox with roughly 20k km usage over 3 years.

3. They have offered road side assistance for 1 year for Rs 1300. Is this worth and has anyone taken this?

4. Periodic maintenance charge is Rs 4500 or so including all labour charges. Is this on the higher side as I was expecting anything between 2-3k.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Regards
Neelay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks