Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2021, 09:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Transmission Failure. EDIT: Due to dealer putting the wrong oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
An important update. After I sent the proof of bills to Mr. Anurag and others copied on the mail and told them the mix up they did with the transmission oil. Got a call within few minutes and they said they would replace all the parts free of cost.

I told them I need a guarantee that other transmission parts if failed after this job also needs to be covered by them since the oil mix up has compromised the entire transmission, for which they were affirmative and agreed on the same.

Really thanks a lot guys. Alone I would have never found their negligence and believed their water ingress story. Poor marks to my ASC but great job to Ford India and Team-bhp.
This is why I love T-BHP

Entire story was tilted to a different direction where the culprit was a spot on find and ended up getting a hassle free complete replacement
starke is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 20:17   #32
AZT
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Transmission Failure. EDIT: Due to dealer putting the wrong oil

We have this thread and then we have the other one which is discussing whether Ford will stick around in India. I think we need more manufacturers setting up shop here, competition is good.

I hope Ford continues.
AZT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 20:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

What a thriller story and twist in the end.
After reading the last post by OP stating that ford will take responsibility of replacing entire transmission unit and it's surrounding parts impacted, I was so curious to know who has taken the initiative of finding the real reason for the issue and giving the twist to climax. So, I went through the entire thread from the beginning again.

I could see turnonator's post (post number 9) mentioning CAN YOU MATCH THE FLUID PART NUMBER ON THIS ESTIMATE WITH THE INVOICE FROM PREVIOUS WORK?

@Turbonator : Really hats off to your attention to detail skills. Sincerely appreciate Your eagle's eyes.

This single statement has given that big twist to the story and turned the almost tragic ending story of an endeavour to a happy ending.

A cordial treat to you from my side is assured if we get to meet, whenever possible.

Last edited by gkveda : 10th May 2021 at 20:59.
gkveda is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 22:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

I won't be surprised if the OP is ultimately offered a completely new transmission if the Ford technical department thinks that the oil can cause long term damage. Let's wait for the final repair.
Thanks a lot Turbanator, will keep this thread updated once the repair is done. We got 2 weeks lock down now, so there will be some delay in work completion.
stanjohn123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 12:46   #35
BHPian

A friend of mine also had multiple breakdowns in his 3.2 AT Endeavour. Although the reason for his car was something else, not the oil. Nonetheless, Ford decided to replace the entire transmission for free of cost. And in this case, the owner of the vehicle did not even have to make any claims, it was a goodwill gesture from Ford.
mohitchalla is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 20:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Update : Now Turbo Fails during dealership Test Drive

So here is the update, It has been many months since the car went in for the gearbox transmission replacement and I still didn't get my car back yet. On asking them the reason for the delay, they call me after few days and tell, while testing the car they found some oil leaks and later realized Turbo has failed. So they asked permission to replace it , I needed the car back soon , so I agreed to it.

Now my doubt is, the Turbo has failed while the car was with the dealer and not while it was with me. Because when I gave them the car many months back they said it was only a transmission issue , only now they say it is also a Turbo failure after the test drive.

So can the Turbo fail due to the previous gearbox transmission failure ?

The dealership has now quoted me 1.4 Lakh Rs for the Turbo replacement and few other parts and replaced the Gearbox transmission free of cost as agreed earlier.

I have attached an email from Ford as well as the recent bill below. I think there is no point in investigating this as the dealership has made up their mind to charge me anyhow since as GTO mentioned we are from the Rip Off club. If I don't pay up , they might probably make something else magically fail in my car again.

Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Transmission Failure. EDIT: Due to dealer putting the wrong oil-screenshot-5.png

Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Transmission Failure. EDIT: Due to dealer putting the wrong oil-2cf3b3322da449508252c04a6e45a9ce.jpg

Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT - Transmission Failure. EDIT: Due to dealer putting the wrong oil-34eae6af0af64c9f9c29144582392750.jpg
stanjohn123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 22:06   #37
BHPian

So the 1.1 Lakh bill came back as 1.4 Lakh bill with a different component failure. I guess Dealer is charged for the Transmission replacement by Ford and he is trying to milk that amount from you. Turbo failure story for sure raises questions on the dealers ethics.
saisree is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 22:46   #38
BHPian

Re: Update : Now Turbo Fails during dealership Test Drive

Quote:
So here is the update, It has been many months since the car went in for the gearbox transmission replacement and I still didn't get my car back yet. On asking them the reason for the delay, they call me after few days and tell, while testing the car they found some oil leaks and later realized Turbo has failed. So they asked permission to replace it , I needed the car back soon , so I agreed to it.

Now my doubt is, the Turbo has failed while the car was with the dealer and not while it was with me. Because when I gave them the car many months back they said it was only a transmission issue , only now they say it is also a Turbo failure after the test drive.
This seems like a draft to extract money to me. While I don't know if its ASC's responsibility to take care of your car's parts when they have it with them, I feel like, you are taken for a round as you were able to pinpoint a hole, which is of course due to their negligence.

A good working turbo, failing in the intermediate time raises a doubt. Did you by any chance felt a turbo failure before you showed up at the ASC? I don't know the warnings or symptoms of a turbo failure, pardon me. If it's a part that fails suddenly, the situation is fine. But I suppose, it's not that kind of a part. I suggest you to visit the ASC, take a look and decide the further course. BHPians might need pictures to assess, if it a genuine failure. Also, hear it from wise people here!

All I can do is, wishing a quick turnaround and a million miles with your ride!

Edit: I just found out that the repairs are already done. Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else.

Last edited by Jagann13 : 12th August 2021 at 22:49.
Jagann13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 20:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
This seems like a draft to extract money to me. While I don't know if its ASC's responsibility to take care of your car's parts when they have it with them, I feel like, you are taken for a round as you were able to pinpoint a hole, which is of course due to their negligence.

A good working turbo, failing in the intermediate time raises a doubt. Did you by any chance felt a turbo failure before you showed up at the ASC? I don't know the warnings or symptoms of a turbo failure, pardon me. If it's a part that fails suddenly, the situation is fine. But I suppose, it's not that kind of a part. I suggest you to visit the ASC, take a look and decide the further course. BHPians might need pictures to assess, if it a genuine failure. Also, hear it from wise people here!

All I can do is, wishing a quick turnaround and a million miles with your ride!

Edit: I just found out that the repairs are already done. Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else.
No there was no problem with the turbo when we gave it to them. Because even after plenty of test drives done by them earlier, they said only gearbox transmission was the issue. If the hole in the pipe was there earlier, the turbo would have died back then itself. But only now after they replaced the gearbox transmission, the turbo has failed. So something is seriously fishy.

I think it's better to just pay and get the car back and never visit this dealership ever again.
Old 13th August 2021, 21:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
So the 1.1 Lakh bill came back as 1.4 Lakh bill with a different component failure. I guess Dealer is charged for the Transmission replacement by Ford and he is trying to milk that amount from you. Turbo failure story for sure raises questions on the dealers ethics.
The dealer told me 50% was paid up by Ford and the remaining 50% by the dealership themselves for the gearbox transmission.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 22:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
No there was no problem with the turbo when we gave it to them. Because even after plenty of test drives done by them earlier, they said only gearbox transmission was the issue. If the hole in the pipe was there earlier, the turbo would have died back then itself. But only now after they replaced the gearbox transmission, the turbo has failed. So something is seriously fishy.

I think it's better to just pay and get the car back and never visit this dealership ever again.
Definitely sounds like malpractice / negligence. While re-assembling the car back, what if they forgot to put the turbo oil back / ran it with low oil ? What if they left the car disassembled for months that let the turbo intake get caked with dust? Dust can kill a turbo very, very quickly.

Hope you got the old turbo back from them at least?

Edit: Vehicle not starting during road test due to a turbo failure is a load of bollocks. Do question them on how that can happen.

Last edited by d3mon : 13th August 2021 at 22:42.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 00:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Definitely sounds like malpractice / negligence. While re-assembling the car back, what if they forgot to put the turbo oil back / ran it with low oil ? What if they left the car disassembled for months that let the turbo intake get caked with dust? Dust can kill a turbo very, very quickly.

Hope you got the old turbo back from them at least?

Edit: Vehicle not starting during road test due to a turbo failure is a load of bollocks. Do question them on how that can happen.
Yeah it sure doesn't feel right. I haven't got my car back yet. When I do I'll ask them to give the old turbos back as well. But it won't be difficult for them to take an old ruined turbo from some other car and hand over to me.

Yeah I'll ask them to explain how the Turbo failed and how a hose got a hole, maybe a rat bit it.
Old 14th August 2021, 18:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

So I got the car back. I paid for the Turbo repair work which cost 1.39 Lakhs since I didn't want to have an argument with them again as I know they are 100% at fault this time as well but as usual the entire team is denying it.

I am not at all satisfied with JC Ford my dealer who handled the service of my vehicle and I gave a piece of my mind in a final mail copying Anurag sir as well since they asked if I was happy in the previous mail.

This will be my last Ford as long as JC Ford is the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks