Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2021, 08:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review

Dear BHPians,

With Monsoon approaching and Covid19 cases coming down, road trips and inter city drives would be a norm for everyone.

However, every time a roadtrip is done, we see cars getting dirty. Improper washing method will lead to paint damage and subsequently the car looks dull.

A detailing session will get the gloss back, but it's expensive and also some Tier 3 cities still don't have Detailing Center's.

Was casually surfing YouTube and I saw this Touchless Wash Product from Washingdone.

This is a Indian Brand and is based out of Kerala.

I am attaching PDF Washingdone.pdf of various products they have for washing.

I ordered a Colorless Touchless Wash (Qty - 5 Ltrs), you can have it in 1 ltr also. Since my major cleaning is exterior, I didn't order other products.

Contacted them via phone and was able to get the product by courier to my address.

Now, coming to product, as the name suggests, it's a Touchless Wash Liquid Concentrate. It's based on Nano Technology and also has wax in it. Since it's a Touchless Wash, no scrubbing is ever required once it's sprayed on the car.

The dilution ratio recommended is 300ml liquid and 700ml water for a 1L Foam Cannon. A domestic pressure washer will do the job.

I experimented with 200ml liquid and 800ml water and was happy to report that the result was very good. Unlike other shampoos, this liquid is very thick and should be diluted before use.

Washing Steps

1. I got my car sprayed directly using Foam Cannon.

2. After spraying, waited for 3-4 minutes for shampoo to dwell.

3. Rinsing process started and could see dirt getting washed away.

4. Ensured every surface is rinsed properly and is clean from liquid.

5. Post rinse, immediately the car was wiped.

Overall Results were Excellent and this product will make big difference on new car where the surface will remain same for years due to non touch cleaning.

Attaching the pictures for reference. Couldn't shoot the video since I had some work.

WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review-screenshot_20210819_182417.jpg

WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review-img_20210819_170103.jpg

WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review-img_20210819_170107.jpg

WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review-img_20210819_171956.jpg

WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review-img_20210819_172018.jpg

WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review-img_20210819_180007.jpg

WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review-img_20210819_175810.jpg

Contact Details -

Akhil
+91 96339 90351
CarguyNish is online now   (27) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 18:23   #2
BHPian

Re: WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review

Looks really nice! Which pressure washer do you use? That's the first thing we'll need to look at and since we have multiple cars between two houses, it may be a worthwhile investment.
Old 21st August 2021, 19:33   #3
BHPian

Would highly recommend you don’t wipe post rinse, if their claim is to be believed, air drying with a leaf blower should achieve a clean surface as well. Also check your drying towels, if they are anything short of absolutely clean post wiping, it means there was still some contamination left on the surface which when wiped will leave fine swirls behind. Cheers.
AJ56 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 21:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
Looks really nice! Which pressure washer do you use? That's the first thing we'll need to look at and since we have multiple cars between two houses, it may be a worthwhile investment.
I have Karcher K2 Pressure Washer which has a maximum pressure of 100 bar.

Higher model might perform even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Would highly recommend you don’t wipe post rinse, if their claim is to be believed, air drying with a leaf blower should achieve a clean surface as well. Also check your drying towels, if they are anything short of absolutely clean post wiping, it means there was still some contamination left on the surface which when wiped will leave fine swirls behind. Cheers.
I meant wiping after rinsing just to make sure that hard water doesn't spoil the surface.

I don't use Microfiber cloth, instead I use a Chamois Cloth which is a synthetic material and absorbs water really well without leaving streaks.

Yes, I do agree that clean cloths will minimize the swirl marks. Unlike microfiber cloth which traps the dirt, the chamois cloth will not trap and the dirt will wash away when held under running water.

Have been using this cloth since long time. Will post close-up shots of paint surface.

I will recommend this cloth over microfiber cloth anyday.
Old 21st August 2021, 21:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Is this more like a regular car shampoo or something similar to Proklears foaming rinseless wash
Old 21st August 2021, 22:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Is this more like a regular car shampoo or something similar to Proklears foaming rinseless wash
This is a Contactless Wash. It requires water to rinse the car after the foam dwells and removes the dirt/grime/stains/droppings from surface. When there is no contact/scrubbing involved, the surface doesn't induce swirl marks and scratches, and that's exactly the USP of this product.

Proklear is more of a waterless wash which can be used in areas with water scarcity and on mild dusty surface. If the car is unused for 3-4 days, the light layer of dust can be cleaned using the Proklear Waterless wash. If the car surface is dirty with splashes of mud water and grime and is heavily contaminated, the Touchless Car wash works like a dream.
Old 21st August 2021, 23:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Yes, I do agree that clean cloths will minimize the swirl marks. Unlike microfiber cloth which traps the dirt, the chamois cloth will not trap and the dirt will wash away when held under running water.
I think you misunderstood, I didn’t mean use clean towels (that’s assumed), I meant check your towel after wiping, if you see any contamination/dirt on it (even a little) it means it scratched your finish during wiping, as in my experience no matter how good the foam shampoo, it’s never 100% clean without some contact with a wash mitt. Cheers.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 15:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5. Post rinse, immediately the car was wiped.
Brio sure looks spic and span! Only the last step confused me. The pictures that you shared, are those after wiping? How are the results if one just rinses the car post shampoo application? I am curious to know if even the stubborn monsoon dirt which is in high quantity around the fenders is also removed by only rinsing?
Old 31st August 2021, 16:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Brio sure looks spic and span! Only the last step confused me. The pictures that you shared, are those after wiping? How are the results if one just rinses the car post shampoo application? I am curious to know if even the stubborn monsoon dirt which is in high quantity around the fenders is also removed by only rinsing?
Sure it does, and that Unique Shade compliments very well.

The photos shared are after drying the car. Basically wiping the water present on surface after rinsing.

You can remove the stubborn dirt by spraying that area a bit closely. The foam does all the work and makes sure tht the dirt is removed from surface without any contact and scrubbing/wiping the foam.

I'll try to make a video of the same in coming days. Will upload it here.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 18:31   #10
BHPian

Quote:
......Was casually surfing YouTube and I saw this Touchless Wash Product from Washingdone.....
I searched YouTube for this product's video but couldn't find any. Can you share the link which you saw on YouTube.
Old 2nd September 2021, 08:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
I searched YouTube for this product's video but couldn't find any. Can you share the link which you saw on YouTube.
Here you go.

In the above video, the product is sprayed in diluted form, Hence the foam isn't thick.
CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 08:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go.
Thanks

Quote:
In the above video, the product is sprayed in diluted form, Hence the foam isn't thick.
Though I couldn't understand the audio but even at this dilution it works quiet well as per the visuals in the video.
Old 2nd September 2021, 12:16   #13
BHPian

Nice clean car, mate. Did your car have any kind of wax or sealant or ceramic coat on the paint prior washing ?

If it wasn't protected by any of these, did the water bead after you rinsed off the foam ? Since you said it's nano technology based and has wax in it, it should be able to make water bead after rinsing off.

And can you please share the details of price ? Since you said we need 200 ml per a liter, I'll assume I'll roughly get 6~7 washes per bottle of 1L.

Gyeon bathe plus, for reference, is a SiO2 based shampoo, costs ~₹2k per 400 ml, gives me 20 washes (20ml per wash) with satisfactory results. That comes up to ~100 bucks per wash. In comparison, is washingdone product(1L bottle) cheaper or more expensive per wash assuming 200ml per wash ?
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:39   #14
BHPian

Quote:
I have Karcher K2 Pressure Washer which has a maximum pressure of 100 bar.
Super, I must try the Washingdone product as well. However, does it affect the paint (clear coat to be precise) in the long run? I am sure the product must be pretty acidic (for the lack of a better scientific word) considering it cuts through the grime by itself. Thoughts?

Piece of advice - Do not use the K2 Pressure Washer for more than 10 mins continuously. We've just lost ours and the part replacement (pump head and gearbox) cost is more than the price of the pump itself. Have placed the order for a Vantro pressure washer which uses an induction motor and is considered to be more durable as compared to a universal motor. Yet to receive the product though.
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
Nice clean car, mate. Did your car have any kind of wax or sealant or ceramic coat on the paint prior washing ?
Thank You. Paint is completely stock, no wax/sealant on paint. Have not even thought of ceramic coating.

Quote:
If it wasn't protected by any of these, did the water bead after you rinsed off the foam ? Since you said it's nano technology based and has wax in it, it should be able to make water bead after rinsing off.
They said it's based on Nano Technology, but there isn't any beading like you see on new cars or one's which have been wax coated. I guess, it more of a water repellent technology.

Quote:
And can you please share the details of price ? Since you said we need 200 ml per a liter, I'll assume I'll roughly get 6~7 washes per bottle of 1L.
For 1L of Shampoo, the price is around 650 while a 5L costs around 2200 odd. You can contact them and ask for exact price. They have multiple products, hence rates are likely to vary.

Yes, a 1L foam cannon will clean around 3 cars (2 Hatchback & 1 Sedan/SUV) at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Super, I must try the Washingdone product as well. However, does it affect the paint (clear coat to be precise) in the long run? I am sure the product must be pretty acidic (for the lack of a better scientific word) considering it cuts through the grime by itself. Thoughts?
It so far doesn't seem to caused any damage to paint. I cannot say if it's acidic or not, but what it does is dilute the grime and mud on paint surface which goes off when it's rinsed properly after dwelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Piece of advice - Do not use the K2 Pressure Washer for more than 10 mins continuously. We've just lost ours and the part replacement (pump head and gearbox) cost is more than the price of the pump itself. Have placed the order for a Vantro pressure washer which uses an induction motor and is considered to be more durable as compared to a universal motor. Yet to receive the product though.
Noted. I am thinking of upgrading to higher capacity washer. Around 170-200 bar.

Attaching the close up shot of Paint Surface post washing. This is of a 8 year old car with no wax/ceramic coating.

WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review-img_20210902_202649.jpg

WashingDone Touchless Car Wash Review-img_20210902_202645.jpg

Last edited by CarguyNish : 2nd September 2021 at 22:06. Reason: Adding Pic's
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks