Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 18:41   #46
Team-BHP Support

When I meant engine mounts I meant engine/Radiator/Fan housing etc., mounts. Sometimes vibrations come under load.
I had this issue of selective vibrations in indica, and every time it was the mounts, sometimes gbox mounts, sometimes engine mounts etc., etc.,
Old 20th May 2010, 00:11   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
When I meant engine mounts I meant engine/Radiator/Fan housing etc., mounts. Sometimes vibrations come under load.
I had this issue of selective vibrations in indica, and every time it was the mounts, sometimes gbox mounts, sometimes engine mounts etc., etc.,
When I drove from office to home, I noticed a strange pattern - it started vibrating even without AC, and strangely vibrations reduced after I turned the AC off. But with AC on, the whole dashboard was vibrating, and it produced a humming sound.

I took the car to Hyundai Motor Plaza and they refused to check the problem without a prior appointment. And the earliest appointment, I could get was 31st May.

So I drove to sec. 16 market and showed it to a denter, whose diagnosis was that this is due to mis-alignment of radiator fan - same as the MGF guy. Looks like while stuck in sand, fan too must have been stuck and got misaligned. :-(

Nitin
Old 20th May 2010, 10:23   #48
BHPian

The radiator fan costs 4500 and according to MGF there is no way a misaligned fan can be repaired :-(
Old 20th May 2010, 10:27   #49
Team-BHP Support

If your car is not under warranty, I would suggest hitting the Sector 16 market. An original good quality fan will cost 40% less than Authorized service center price.
Old 21st May 2010, 11:20   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
If I park in a no parking area with my handbrakes fully engaged, how are they going to tow my car? Back to front? What if I lock the steering on the extreme position?
Atleast in Bombay, the towing guys are masters at unlocking your car (in 30 seconds or less). They would put the gear in neutral and release the handbrake themselves. If your steering is locked in full right position, all the better for them to push it toward the tow truck. If locked in full left position, they would push the car out in reverse. Worst case, I've seen two guys lift the front up & position the car perfectly for the towing mechanism.

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2010 at 11:21.
Old 25th May 2010, 16:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If your car is not under warranty, I would suggest hitting the Sector 16 market. An original good quality fan will cost 40% less than Authorized service center price.
I tried in Sec. 16 market but nobody there was able to source the fan for a Getz.

I had no option but to take it back to MGF Okhla, which I did today morning. There the un-expected happened -they cleaned the fan and motor instead of replacing them and the vibrations are all but gone.

Only when the AC is running, the steering vibrates a bit. SA/mechanic told me that this happened in every car, and this very minor vibration is due to running compressor.

Is he right about that?

Also there is a very faint squeaking sound when I turn the steering. He told me that this is due to worn-out springs and bushes in my car and is not a cause of worry. There is no need to change these springs/bushes right now I can keep on driving the car. Is he right about this as well? :-) This sound is very faint, and is audible only when all Windows are up and no music is playing.

Thanks

Nitin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks