Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:41   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar View Post
Second gearbox o/h in 5 months sorry if I missed a point somewhere, but i think they have done a bad job on the first overhaul.
Unfortunately yes...this time I have catched ther neck for permanent solution on this through their service manager and directly from Gurgaon
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:52   #17
BHPian

Car dropped at MASS. Gearbox o/h is being done. Will get my car back on Friday.
Old 23rd May 2007, 14:12   #18
BHPian

How much do you have on your odo? Ideally, they should have replaced the gear-box if you've covered . The o/h can never match the finish of the factory assembled one as they would have all necessary tools etc. Some special tools are usually required when dealing with such complicated assemblies. In the workshop, they seldom have all the tools or some of the tools are in bad shape.

Now that you've accepted the o/h, better to wait and see if problem is solved. However, if your problem persists, I would suggest that you approach Maruti Service people directly and ask for a new gear-box.
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:17   #19
BHPian

The same noise appears in my car too TUK TUK but only while parking or when turning very very slowly we have checked the car in and out. In my car it comes from the left front side we checked the shocks every thing seems right checked the plates on the disc brakes to see if they were lose but all in vain its still there I think its something to do with the struts MASS said its ur wheel cap sir how dumb is that now when I go back Im going to chew their brains to solve this problem The eng doesnt shutter the clutch is great no vibrations what can it be ?

Last edited by Team Fiat : 23rd May 2007 at 20:21.
Old 27th May 2007, 09:08   #20
BHPian

Yessssssssssssssss !!!!!! The problem is resolved.... Here it is how they have done. Apologies all, it was not gearbox issue as was suspected.

MASS has replaced "Clutch Cover" which was vibrating making all kinda noises at slow speed. They have also done some pressure plates settings.

Team Fiat - You can check your clutch cover and pressure plates for such noise. I have gone through all since last one month and my Swift is super silent and smooth. (I pray it remains that way in years to come ...)
Also, do not hesitate to approach Service Manager directly after your car is checked by supervisor. Mount pressure on them to get it done in a better manner. (I always call Maruti toll free number and ask them to contact MASS at Pune for better attention..)
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:45   #21
BHPian

It it the upper strut mount (includes strust mount bearing)

Get it replaced.

No need to replace the Strut, just the mount.
Attached Thumbnails
Please help identifying problem in my Swift ...-mount.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks