Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 16:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Oil pressure problems in brand new Mahindra Scorpio S11

Glad that the issue has been resolved after so much fuss. This shows how important it is to choose a proper service center with competent technicians. My friend regretted going to the same service center (nr auto)even after the problem was not resolved. He thought that since it's located in a metropolitan city, he will get better service there. But the problem was solved in a relatively small service center in a few minutes. The car was just lifted in a ramp and that's it. Star auto has just got themselves another loyal customer.
Fordlover88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 16:41   #17
BHPian

I don't like to generalize but Mahindra has a very bad QC. Thank god your friend's issue was so simple and could be solved out easily. Albeit, it must be disheartening to see your new car bought with your hard earned money torn apart for a problem four times, that you know in your heart they may not solve satifactorily.

My elder brother brought a Scorpio m-Hawk back in 2007 which had us stranded five times in the middle of nowhere with an engine check light blinking. Gave it to three service centers each time where it stayed for 1-2 weeks and everything electrical was replaced but the problem never went away. Finally my brother lost his patience and sold the car at a loss to a fleet owner after final repairs. I don't know if it had any faults after that. A few years later after using a Fiesta, he bought a new TUV300 in 2017 which had a lot of QC issues with various electrical faults, relay issues etc. which were thankfully sorted soon, but nevertheless makes you wonder how crazy M&M is for not sorting out a vehicle launched in 2015. A friend who was also an early beta tester with XUV500 also ran into electronic issues. I hope XUV700 is launched without niggles and early buyers should be aware of the risks.
nightraven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 18:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Update from the owner, Mr. D: Issue resolved in 15 minutes by Star Auto, Kharagpur.
Literally Star Auto

I always find one thing missing in situations like these.
Is anyone held accountable for the loss caused to the customer and company?
Remember that 3 pumps were changed unnecessarily, fluids would've been replaced, man hours spent on the job but all it needed was a few minutes of thought applied !
Not to forget all the hassles faced ny the customer.

Will any corrective action be initiated towards the dealer who had been wasting resources of everyone involved?

Last edited by shancz : 29th September 2021 at 18:06. Reason: ccl
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 19:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

That’s a big sigh of relief for the owner as low oil pressure warning on a car and especially a new one is really nerve wracking..

It would be interesting to know why Star Auto decided to put the car on a ramp and take a different approach to diagnose this issue?

Even Mahindra HQ will be interested to know as someone has to answer why four oil pressure pumps were wasted on a QC problem.
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 20:57   #20
BHPian

Good to know that the issue is resolved once and for all. It is true that many a times, very complex looking problems will have simple reason/solution behind it. I am surprised to hear that Mahindra recommended for the pump change again for the fourth time after knowing that all the 3 times it didn't resolve the issue! Hadn't this been coupler loose connection, the real issue might have been with the engine block since it is a brand new engine. Good that before replacing any parts for the fourth time , you find the issue! May be one take away from this is , if the issue is persisting even after consecutive 2 times, don't trust that workshop anymore and always better to take the vehicle to a different one to have it inspected by a different set of eyes. A second opinion is always good and a fresh thought will mostly catch issues and thus arrive at the right solution.

Last edited by Salnv : 29th September 2021 at 21:04.
Old 29th September 2021, 23:56   #21
BANNED

Might be my ignorance of car engines but I have to wonder.

In a motorcycle engine when I get a low oil pressure light, I pull the valve cover on a cold motor and start the engine, if I do not see the camshaft splashing oil in a second or two after start-up I would start with changing the oil pump which 99.9% of the time resolved the issue.

Here we have trained mechanics who tore in to replace the oil pump at the first sight of a Low Oil Pressure indication and went ahead to repeat the same stupidity not once but twice.

If these guys were working at a Bajaj ASC a lot of oil pumps would've been changed every monsoon season courtesy P220's throwing a light when ridden under heavy downpour.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:36   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
It would be interesting to know why Star Auto decided to put the car on a ramp and take a different approach to diagnose this issue?
They didn't put the car on a ramp to diagnose - an eagle-eyed technician detected from the same YouTube video posted above, that almost at the same time that the oil pressure warning light came on, the gear position numeral display disappeared and the rpm needle sharply dropped. Check for yourself.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 30th September 2021 at 14:39. Reason: Adding link to the YouTube video
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:02   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Valve train on the mHawk will rattle loudly at cold start and will quiet down in a few seconds as the oil pressure builds up in the Hydraulic valve lifters. This alone is enough to check if the oil pump is working.
Old 28th June 2022, 23:28   #24
BHPian

Reviving this thread again as my friend's woes continues with his car. According to him:
Quote:
Again facing issue with my scorpio s11 bs6.Now the issue is at morning or during coldstart the egr valve sounds like firing a bullet. Star india agencies thrice changed the egr module but no resolution.15 days ago egr module replaced but same thing happening again. Dealer has escalated the matter to higher official but no resolution till date.

The sound is present on 17 second on this video.

He is fed up with Mahindra & looking for advices as what to do next! Has he got a lemon or other mahindra owners share similar plight?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks