Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 22:05   #31
BHPian

Re: VW wants 2 weeks for an ABS sensor | Will my airbags work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
My 2017 GT TSi had 2 sensors going bad. The second one a year after the first. Both times luckily VW had them in stock and I was charged 2250 for each.

As others have pointed out already be wary of the car jerking a bit. The first time the sensor went bad I left the engine on ,closed the door and the speedo went wild and the car locked itself with the key still in the ignition. Luckily as I was still home, I could get the spare key and open the door.

So would suggest you be wary of that and not leave the keys in with the ignition on till the issue gets fixed.
Hi sir!
My 2011 Polo is suffering from a similar problem. VW asked me to pay 4400/- for each sensor and I asked them to first diagnose the issue properly. I asked them to use any used working sensor and try of the problem is resolved. They swapped all the 4 sensors, cleared the DTCs but still the problem persisted. Can I get in touch with you to understand more about the problem? I'm a newbie, thus not having the privilege to PM You.
Old 27th October 2022, 15:01   #32

Re: VW wants 2 weeks for an ABS sensor | Will my airbags work?

I am owner a Polo 1.2 Petrol Comfort line, make early 2016. Have had one ABS sensor replaced at 5K KMs, within warranty. ABS malfunction light reappeared within 2 years, and less than 2K KMs of light driving. Service centre found a different sensor faulty. I did not bother replacing the sensor this time as car was out of warranty and by this time I had overcome the psychological restraints of using the ABS system. Had no issues until another 5K+ KMs (total of 13K driven till date).
But, now the issue has spread to other systems are affected.
The steering wheel is hard as an Ambassador, pickup reduced drastically, feeling battery issues, speedometer and odometer are dead. Fuel warning indicator lights on occassionally, even with half thank of fuel. Following dash indicators are on: ABS, Brake System, Steering, Engine Management, Don't Drive.

I know the root cause is ABS sensor and time has come to have all faulty ones replaced. The VW Service Centre in Kolkata quoted 6K for a sensor and 12K for a set of four sensors.

Anybody has got the set recently? Can you please share the cost including labour. I came to know from another thread that VW is getting new sensors specially suited for Indian weather and roads. https://www.team-bhp.com/news/soluti...-vw-vento-polo

Secondly, are there reliable garages in Kolkata for getting the sensors replaced?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks