Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2021, 12:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights

This is very poor from Renault, I consider this as breaking customers' trust. They can do PDI only for the areas which are visible to naked eyes. How can we as a customer check these things before purchasing? Though I am not well versed in car designing, I can say these are absolute basics that need to be covered on the drawing board.

I just hope the company comes up with a solution to mitigate this issue.
vvivek85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 13:18   #17
BHPian

Re: Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
IIRC some car at least 20 years ago with a similar discharge from the taillights but can't recall what it was.
My uncle's 2010 WagonR LXi has this issue and it completely slushes the entire tailight assembly when driven on muddy roads.
My cousin recently got a Kiger and I noticed this the first day I saw the car since it was driven from Chennai to manipal and the mud was oozing out from the gap between the bumper and the tailights.We're still looking for a solution for the same for both the cars. Shocking how Renault is not doing anything to fix this issue.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 16:58   #18
BHPian

I wouldn't consider this as a problem. Mud trailing down from my EcoSport bumper borders and rear lights is a normal thing. No problems with rust or electrical issues in 8 years. I've seen this phenomenon in many cars, a regular wash takes care of it.
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 17:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Is this not an issue of the wheel arch lining?

Can it not be solved by adding the lining and increasing the length of the mud flap? Of course, Renault should have installed it in the first place.

Apologies if the solution sounds too Noobish
I would not recommend modifying things that would affect the factory aerodynamics of the car. Could result in extra noise or unintended consequences.
Old 12th October 2021, 17:13   #20
BHPian

I've seen this kind of mud kicked up by many cars with a hatch door, from Palio, to Figo, to many CSUVs & SUVs. It doesn't meaningfully hamper the working of the car. I believe this is a non issue, just as many others have pointed. Let's hold back before labelling something incorrectly, too harsh on a budget brand & product, IMO.
WorkingGuru is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 20:27   #21
BHPian

I’m not an expert but what I do see is that this is not a regular pattern that I have seen with other cars in the garage. Set aside whether it’s a matter of concern or not. Shouldn’t Renault come out in open and state their opinion. They neither are transparent nor have the courage to come out and state their response. The company’s representative in Kerala Krishnan Subramanian doesn’t share his phone number and doesn’t respond to the email sent by many owners. Do such people know what CRM stands for? I’m sorry to say this company’s silence on such a small issue is extremely disappointing. What we have realized in the conference call with this gentleman is that he doesn’t care a bit about all these issues, and is least bothered.
Old 13th October 2021, 05:54   #22
BHPian

Even Honda has this issue and the company provides spash guard that covers the open area along with the mud flaps, used to be an accessory for low variants. I think you just need to visit a fabricator and ask them to cut and curve a acrylic sheet along the rear arch, should solve this issue.

For the mud that enters the door gaps, just install "MOLDING ASSY, R. RR. DOOR" part no 72910TG0T01 from boodmo on all 4 doors

Last edited by rahulskumar : 13th October 2021 at 05:57.
rahulskumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 02:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Even Honda has this issue and the company provides spash guard that covers the open area along with the mud flaps, used to be an accessory for low variants. I think you just need to visit a fabricator and ask them to cut and curve a acrylic sheet along the rear arch, should solve this issue.

For the mud that enters the door gaps, just install "MOLDING ASSY, R. RR. DOOR" part no 72910TG0T01 from boodmo on all 4 doors
could you explain what is this part ? it doesnt look to be a kiger part.
Old 14th October 2021, 06:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
Yes - it looks to be a Honda part. Will it fit the Kiger?
Old 14th October 2021, 07:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Yes - it looks to be a Honda part. Will it fit the Kiger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
I dont know anyone who has Kiger in TVM, else I would have tried and let you guys know. You can just buy one piece , its soft rubber and you will be able to cut the length according to the requirement. In Honda we have grooves , in your case use a good double sided tape and stick it.

Last edited by rahulskumar : 14th October 2021 at 07:19.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for sharing. I find Boodmo site to be very finicky and non-responsive.

However, I found a similar one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.in/Universal-Seal...s%2C679&sr=8-8

If any of you install this, please share reviews. I'm still thinking if this is required for the 5th Gen Honda City.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 01:24   #27

It's really appalling that Renault is not even acknowledging this issue. At the least it can do a recall and fit something to protect the rear light mud issue.
Old 19th October 2021, 17:43   #28
OmV
BHPian

Mumbai Renault dealership actually highlighted this to me on the delivery day without asking and said Renault has some kind of foam based packing to be installed which will be done during the first service. Since the monsoon is over and I don't expect to encounter any slushy rides currently, I am not too concerned. Although I am a bit worried about the process of installation of the packing - I absolutely do not want to remove the factory fitted fender.
I will update this thread once my first service is up. So far I am happy with what's on offer with the RXZ CVT variant I got.

Has anyone else been offered or done the corrective action from the service center yet?
OmV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 18:05   #29
BHPian

After several follow-ups, looks like Renault has released an official kit to rectify this problem. When you go for a change ensure that you ask them to install the part provided by the company. The part number is attached. This was shared by one of the Kiger forum members. The part number only addresses the issue of slush getting deposited behind the brake light. The one near the door panels is yet to be acknowledged by the company.
Attached Thumbnails
Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights-20211020_162236.jpg  

sandeep3in is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 19:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
After several follow-ups, looks like Renault has released an official kit to rectify this problem. When you go for a change ensure that you ask them to install the part provided by the company. The part number is attached. This was shared by one of the Kiger forum members. The part number only addresses the issue of slush getting deposited behind the brake light. The one near the door panels is yet to be acknowledged by the company.
Very useful info. Thank you! I will check with the service centre about this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks