Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 01:18   #1
BHPian

Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights

Is anyone facing the issue of sludge getting deposited behind back-light due to absence of cover over back tyres? A lot of videos are coming up on the same

souvikjana83 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 04:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

I am at one of the Kiger's owners group and there buyers are unhappy with the mud and dust issue. For mud getting deposited, SC is providing a temporary solution with foam insert at back while for dust depositing at doors, no solution yet. Company is denying the issue about the dust claims as it does not affect the performance of the car.
SYSTEMIZED is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 15:21   #3
BHPian

Re: Renault Kiger Crossover launched at Rs. 5.45 lakh. EDIT: Driving report on page 19

The company is in denial mode, while the service center is doing some Jugad to ease out the situation. On the other hand, the service center told me vehicles plying on the road would get dust and that's normal. So what you see on the door panel is fine and it doesn't impact the horsepower or torque of the vehicle. They really don't have the necessary IQ to distinguish between dust and mud.

The company silence and ignorance of "Indian" customers will hit them back. I think they haven't learned the lesson from Renault Captur episode.

For visibility can I please request a separate thread on this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights-whatsapp-image-20210926-10.15.01-am1.jpeg  

Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights-whatsapp-image-20211010-2.54.59-pm1.jpeg  

Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights-whatsapp-image-20211010-2.54.59-pm.jpeg  

sandeep3in is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 19:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYSTEMIZED View Post
I am at one of the Kiger's owners group and there buyers are unhappy with the mud and dust issue. For mud getting deposited, SC is providing a temporary solution with foam insert at back while for dust depositing at doors, no solution yet. Company is denying the issue about the dust claims as it does not affect the performance of the car.
Is this problem cutting across variants? I haven’t had a problem thus far but that may be because I haven’t driven in very muddy conditions. This is very worrisome and the company seems to be in a denial mode.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 19:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Is this problem cutting across variants? I haven’t had a problem thus far but that may be because I haven’t driven in very muddy conditions. This is very worrisome and the company seems to be in a denial mode.

This problem is across all variants, just have a word with your service center and check. As you said it is a concern if the company doesn't care and is only interested in sales. The ignorance is such that they claim it is dust and it is normal. They just need a reference in a dictionary to understand the difference between mud and dust. I have tried all channels including leadership teams in India and France. Their nonresponsiveness gives out this intuition that they really don’t care as the vehicle is a hit and French is superior so take what is given and keep the mouth shut.
Attached Thumbnails
Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights-whatsapp-image-20211010-7.48.51-pm.jpeg  

sandeep3in is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 23:02   #6

Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights-20210928_192056.jpg

Sorry if it's not very visible, but Hyderabad has gone through heavy rains and I've seen the issue - I hope they find a proper solution to this.

Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights-20210928_192033.jpg

This is a disappointing sight in a new car :(
youngknight is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 10:28   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights

Thanks for sharing, souvikjana83! Moving your post out to a new thread. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to homepage later this week .

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 11:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights

A design defect is what it is. IIRC some car at least 20 years ago with a similar discharge from the taillights but can't recall what it was. The pics here immediately reminded me of that.
Thanks to you now I probably know why was that leaking

Should be easily rectifiable IMO.
Old 11th October 2021, 15:47   #9
BHPian

Wouldn't this lead to premature corrosion & electrical issues? I really can't believe that in a dusty & muddy country like ours, these manufacturers don't even bother providing some sort of cladding in the wheel arches!

These cars have been launched only a year go, so things will only be cosmetic. But 3-4 years down the line, when many cars become rust buckets, the brands would be irreparably damaged. Which new customer would go to that brand when all he sees on the roads are cars with rusted floor boards & doors?
Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:01   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Lots of vehicles do not have double weather sealing on the doors, they all will have some dust enter the door jambs but it does not enter the cabin, so no need to worry just clean it while cleaning the vehicle`s exterior and you are good to go.

The lack of mudguard in the rear is not cool, they should add it especially if mud is splashing on metal bits, if its only plastic then its fine.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 11:10   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

This is hardly surprising considering the fact that it comes from the same company which was dumb enough to design headlamps in such a way that any mud or dust deposits accumulated between the bumper and the headlamp cluster could be seen as clear as day. An image of my Kwid's headlamps when it was new. The same area has deposits of mud and dirt now.

Design defect! Mud & dirt getting deposited behind Renault Kiger tail-lights-20170630_173319.jpg

Renault does offer some very VFM cars all in all, but the lack of depth when it comes to engineering certain components on their cars is simply alarming if not annoying.
vishy76 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 11:23   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Lots of vehicles do not have double weather sealing on the doors, they all will have some dust enter the door jambs but it does not enter the cabin, so no need to worry just clean it while cleaning the vehicle`s exterior and you are good to go.

The lack of mudguard in the rear is not cool, they should add it especially if mud is splashing on metal bits, if its only plastic then its fine.
With a white Etios at home, double weather sealing on doors is a fairy dream for me

Reminds me of our F10D WagonR. A slight drizzle and a small run later, there would be mud/dirt coming from below the taillights. 11 years and it hasn't caused any issue to the lights or any rust issue. In India, even 30 lakh cars get naked wheel arches (ahem..highway king), so a sub 10 lakh car would definitely have cut some corners to become VFM.

That said, hate companies not giving full wheel well claddings and underbody protection considering our road conditions.
DicKy is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 11:56   #13
BHPian

Hello friends,

Please pardon me if I am wrong, but this is not an issue at all.

All vehicles suffer from this problem, as a vehicle moves, due to a partial vacuum created by the moving vehicle, the air with fine dust particles gets sucked towards the vehicle. Something similar to how the rear windshield gets dirty during the rains(specially of hatchbacks, SUVs and MPVs or vehicles with almost vertical rear). Driving in rainy or dry conditions, this fine dust (dry or wet) will find its way into the gaps. If the air conditioning is running in fresh air mode, it will be found in the AC air filter as well.

I have owned a M800, Hyundai i10 and now own a Polo, a Swift, and an Innova, all of them have had/have this issue.

It definitely is a problem if it finds its way into the passenger cabin.
Brumby is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 11:57   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post

The company silence and ignorance of "Indian" customers will hit them back. I think they haven't learned the lesson from Renault Captur episode.

For visibility can I please request a separate thread on this issue?
What can you expect from a company which hasnt even acknowledged the injector issues in 110ps dusters nor the major lag in 2nd gear issues for same.

They just wash off their hands saying this is how it is and same for all vehicles.
SideView is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 11:58   #15
BHPian

Is this not an issue of the wheel arch lining?

Can it not be solved by adding the lining and increasing the length of the mud flap? Of course, Renault should have installed it in the first place.

Apologies if the solution sounds too Noobish

Last edited by Mafia : 12th October 2021 at 11:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks