Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2021, 20:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Minor crash, mechanic exchanges parts without informing

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmeetd View Post
There's no need to troll anyone here please

I'm very confident about my driving and have been driving in Delhi for the past 10 years. I can imagine that finding those marks in a phone photo can be difficult, I hope some more photos will help.
]
SST has already mentioned about ABS not working at lower speeds. Even if you are at a higher speed, this surface is really not something that will offer traction when wet. Where I work, we use this material along with water to give us a low traction surface, which is 10% of tarmac. Hence it would still give you the same feeling - as if the brakes aren't working. Most of us would have experienced ABS kick in on tarmac or on loose gravel. In that scenario it would give a pulsating feel to the brakes since the wheel would still have some traction and brake.

Hence in this type of surface when wet, whether or not ABS was there or worked, it would still give you the feel that the brakes aren't working. The only thing you can do in such a situation is to steer in the direction of safety and wait for the wheel to get onto a better surface. So please put the theory of technical failure to rest and consult the ASC with regards to the work done by the mechanic.

Last edited by audioholic : 23rd October 2021 at 20:54.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks