Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2021, 09:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Which one first - Suspension repair or Tyre change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
What do they mean by suspension repair? Suspension is made up of few components - Lower arm, link rod, tie rod, shock absorber, strut mount, strut bearing. Which part are they suggesting to replace?
Exactly my point. Just the day before, I got back my Skoda Rapid after service. With all the tidbits I read and Youtube, I had thought the rattling on my vehicle was the tie-rod ends or the stabilizer links. The service person drove it 300 Meters on a rough patch and localized the problem to the steering rack.

Don't theorize and assume. Just go to a competent FNG and diagnose the ACTUAL problem and get it corrected. A tyre change will do little if there are underlying issues with the suspension itself.
Old 1st November 2021, 18:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which one first - Suspension repair or Tyre change?

First evaluate if the suspension really needs an overhaul. If the cost is high for any kind of work always get a second opinion. Ask your FNG which parts are needed to replaced. 55k is still early for the shockers to give up. Maybe the joints, bushes are all that you need to change. Once what is needed is identified fix it and get yourself the tyres you need.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks