Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 18:17   #16
FHW
BHPian

Re: Solution to broken keys of Maruti cars

I got flip key for my Alto in February 2021 as my remote wasn't working for quite some time due to water logging.

I visited a local auto locksmith and flip key was prepared in less than 10 minutes out of which more than half I took for selecting the key fob.

The cost for remote (with pairing) and key cutting (immobilizer of existing key) was between 1000 to 2000 (depending on key fob/remote selected), with additional 600 for new immobilizer transponder and coding.

(600 was quoted for coding 2 original keys, 1 new key)

I told him to use the transponder of one existing key in new remote and am using this key for 9 months now without any issues.

Total cost Rs 1500/- for the remote I selected.

Last edited by FHW : 24th November 2021 at 18:24.
FHW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 18:55   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Great responses. I'm really amazed at the facilities available elsewhere. Had such options been here, I could have got it done at much economical price and a better looking key. Thanks for the enlightenment.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 23:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I am amazed you had to spend 6000 for this. Ideally this was possible in less than 1k rupees. Just order two of these https://www.amazon.in/Keyzone-Remote...7777267&sr=8-5 and then get the key pattern replicated at a key smith nearby. After that transfer the old remote and immobilizer chip from the old keys to the new keys and the job is done There is no need to reprogram the keys as long as you havent lost them.

Last edited by audioholic : 24th November 2021 at 23:41.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 08:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Great responses. I'm really amazed at the facilities available elsewhere. Had such options been here, I could have got it done at much economical price and a better looking key. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Despite the duplicates being made by many as described here at a lower cost, the fact that Maruti was very committed to look into the matter, create authentic duplicate keys that have given the owner the original feel, though at a cost is really appreciable. More so, because the needs of a 10 year old car was looked after so well by the car maker and ASC.

I am a chronic Maruti critic for its safety record but such human touches by the company and its ASC's keeps it the undisputed leader in this aspect. No wonder, more and more people buy Marutis for this great, big reason.

We can also predict nightmares for owners, if such help is needed from car companies who have wound up and exited India.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 25th November 2021 at 08:30.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 18:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5252rpm View Post
Our key was also broke ,almost like this.
I would strongly recommend you to get a new housing, had a similar situation like yours. It was new years eve and I went for dinner with my friends, was parking my car and tried locking it with remote but couldn't, so decided to do it with the key and viola, the key broke into two pieces. With a pale face i got into the car tried cranking it with just the metal piece in my hand. As i hadn't fully cranked it, I was happy that the key was working, totally forgetting about something called as immobilizer. So had a nice stress free dinner, got back, started the car but it won't turn over,the starter motor was engaging all fine but the engine did not come to life. Fortunately I had the broken housing, and I hadn't lost the tiny sensor which cuts off the immobilizer. I sticked the housing to the end of the key and fortunately the car started.

Last edited by HEMIOrange : 26th November 2021 at 18:04.
HEMIOrange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 17:22   #21
BANNED

I had a similar issue with my Maruti Suzuki Dzire’s key. The key housing body broke along with the main point where they metal is attached to the plastic but I opted for a cheaper solution.

I visited the local key maker in my area and he replaced the plastic body. He attached the metal key to the nee plastic body and the immobiliser sensor was also taken care of.

This whole thing costed me Rs 400 (after negotiations) in Delhi including the battery replacement. I am now using that key regularly and i notice no issue.
Old 6th November 2023, 13:03   #22

Thanks Team-bhp for this thread. My Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi came with Keyless entry and start/stop button. initially, it was a novelty to me, and something to brag about. But I do missed the feeling of cranking up the car now and then. However the scare which I had, was when the Keyfob ran out battery, and I was not able to start the car at all. Luckily, it happened near my apartment parking lot, and I was able to manage with the spare key. For others with keyless entry cars, do note for the warning tell-tale signs from your car and one/two misses to lock/unlock your car while operating the keyfob.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks