Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 01:59   #16
BHPian

Threatened? We've owned one for the past 20!,ya thats right,twenty long years.So I sure know what japanese means.However,in the context of this thread, the use of the word "japanese" can be made to put across a derogatory point,which frankly is unnecessary.FYI the Swift is japanese as well.

Last edited by roms : 29th May 2007 at 02:07.
Old 29th May 2007, 10:32   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Rather the 3M detailing/ teflon coating or some such paint treatment that caused the damage.So that guy was really lucky as he never disclosed the same to the dealer.Thats what I remember.Correct me if wrong Kiran.
Thats correct. He did some toughguard coating on his car and his vehicle was always parked under the sun which caused the paint to fade away. But surprisingly the guy got the paint treatment done from the dealer himself .

Quote:
BTW, my M-1000 (1993 model) had no such issues till the date i sold it (2003). Japanese.
There is a '61 Fiat super Select in Pune running on its original paint shade till date.

There is a 1960 Standard Pennant in Pune running on documented 140,000 miles without anything done to the engine.

There is a 1973 Premier President in Pune repainted 20 years ago in original colour, still gleams and starts on a quarter crank to the engine.

All the above cars will give a shame to each of our cars in terms of quality of interior, exterior, et al.

So I conclude, paint quality is independent of the age of your vehicle!
Old 29th May 2007, 10:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
But surprisingly the guy got the paint treatment done from the dealer himself .
Oh ok.So thats the reason why the dealer gave in eventually.I'm sure it would have pure lucky to have got that car repainted under warranty had the tough guard paint protection been done outside.And I've seen his car after the paint job.That guy must have thanked his stars for having done the paint protection job from the dealer itself in the first place.Turned out to be good for him
Old 29th May 2007, 11:01   #19
Team-BHP Support

I agree Romil. Well Ganesh was really lucky and secondly if you observed? The quality of paint on the car by my not-so-favourite dealer "Jay-Vijay" was brilliant! Reason? The paint jobs are outsourced to a company which is common for most of the dealers in Pune. I know that guy well for some years and he is good with Paint jobs and uses some high quality paints.
Old 29th May 2007, 11:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

But Ganesh had to push Jay Vijay really hard to get this done. We even wrote to Fiat and then finally it was done. I am wary of these coatings (teflon, ultra coat etc.) after that incident.

-Biju
Old 29th May 2007, 16:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
But Ganesh had to push Jay Vijay really hard to get this done. We even wrote to Fiat and then finally it was done. I am wary of these coatings (teflon, ultra coat etc.) after that incident.
I agree Pjbiju. You end up pushing dealers hard for any issues that you wish to get done in your favour .
Old 29th May 2007, 17:08   #22
BHPian

Thanks for your replies guys.

1.I am still not sure if the re-paininting can cause more damage , since the originality will be lost?Any advice guys?

2.Do I really need to shell some money out?Is it not entirely free i.e. covered under warranty.

3.My car is due for its 3rd free service at Manipal motors, Bangalore.And my friends say that that the paintshop at Concorde is a better one to do this stuff.Guys from Bangalore, what do you say?
Old 29th May 2007, 19:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
But it is zappo. Paint is part & parcel of a car & if there is any shoddy workmanship, it ought to be addressed. BTW, my M-1000 (1993 model) had no such issues till the date i sold it (2003). Japanese.
My 2001 Fiat Palio Tangerine Mist looks like brand new, Italian and yeah i have not sold it cause it still drives very well

@ blrboy - Does your car stand in the sun too often that could be the cause.
Old 30th May 2007, 15:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
@ blrboy - Does your car stand in the sun too often that could be the cause.
No.Never.I have covered parking in my apartment and office.
Old 30th May 2007, 16:45   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrboy View Post
Thanks for your replies guys.
1.I am still not sure if the re-paininting can cause more damage , since the originality will be lost?Any advice guys?
No it wouldn't make sure he has a good paint shop and is reputed for paint jobs.

Quote:
2.Do I really need to shell some money out?Is it not entirely free i.e. covered under warranty.
There are chances that you might have to shell out a nominal amount.

Quote:
3.My car is due for its 3rd free service at Manipal motors, Bangalore.And my friends say that that the paintshop at Concorde is a better one to do this stuff.Guys from Bangalore, what do you say?
Like I said. Stick to a reputed workshop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks