Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2021, 08:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta: dashboard & steering wheel develop cracks; dealer says due to heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Update:

Toyota has agreed to replace the dashboard trim & steering wheel under warranty.
That's good news! If I remember correctly the silver dashboard trim is one full piece with no interruptions.

I have a 2017 2.8 Z which has done only 48k and have cracks appearing on the silver trim. I first noticed this sometime during the 2020 lockdown and now it looks like there are minute cracks appearing around that area. Note the dash was never opened up for any sort of work.
Toyota Innova Crysta: dashboard & steering wheel develop cracks; dealer says due to heat-20211212_102056.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta: dashboard & steering wheel develop cracks; dealer says due to heat-20211212_102353.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta: dashboard & steering wheel develop cracks; dealer says due to heat-20211212_102048.jpg
It will go for it's scheduled service this weekend. Will update on their response after it.
TSIVTEC is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 09:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta: dashboard & steering wheel develop cracks; dealer says due to heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
That's good news! If I remember correctly the silver dashboard trim is one full piece with no interruptions.

I have a 2017 2.8 Z which has done only 48k and have cracks appearing on the silver trim. I first noticed this sometime during the 2020 lockdown and now it looks like there are minute cracks appearing around that area. Note the dash was never opened up for any sort of work.
Attachment 2247945

Attachment 2247946

Attachment 2247947
It will go for it's scheduled service this weekend. Will update on their response after it.

That looks pretty bad man! My car is the same vintage. I guess the first year teething troubles

In all honesty, if that is the case, Toyota should issue a recall & replace the trims for all cars of that vintage
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 09:53   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread and few others on toyota have made me realize the the quality that Toyota is associated with is no longer valid. I think they have reduced their quality standard a few notches in the Crysta and new Fortuner. Prices have increased considerably and quality is going down. I will no longer hold Toyota on the pedestal of quality.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 15:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Got the car delivered yesterday.

- Dashboard trim & steering wheel replaced. One small issue that would need to be addressed: I had the earlier steering Wheel done in leather at Stanley. That needs to be done for this one too.

- gap in windshield sealant fixed
- clutch adjusted for height, play & travel. Feels different but don't know if it fixed anything
- Gear shift - they said it works as designed! They have not found any thing wrong. But it is still hard & notchy. I showed what i meant during the test drive.

Unfortunately, i forgot about the roof switch panels sticking. So that I will need to talk to Toyota about.

All the above was done at Toyota cost

Last edited by sridhu : 24th December 2021 at 15:49.
sridhu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 13:42   #35

Hi just came across this thread while doing some digging on the cracks that have appeared in my Innova Crysta 2.8 Z 2016 model done 1L.

Was surprised to see I am not the only one

Any update on whether Toyota has accepted it as a manufacturing defect and taken some positive steps ?

The previous Innova was a much better product pretty disappointed by the build quality of the current one.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta: dashboard & steering wheel develop cracks; dealer says due to heat-1.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta: dashboard & steering wheel develop cracks; dealer says due to heat-2.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta: dashboard & steering wheel develop cracks; dealer says due to heat-3.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta: dashboard & steering wheel develop cracks; dealer says due to heat-4.jpeg  

gpsbrar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 11:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Unfortunately, i forgot about the roof switch panels sticking. So that I will need to talk to Toyota about.

All the above was done at Toyota cost
Sridhu, what is this issue? Is it that the clicking action of the roof switches is not working properly all the time or is it that even if the switch is clicked and is in the on position, the light does not turn on or something else?
Old 11th July 2022, 11:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Sridhu, what is this issue?
The driver side map light switch gets stuck

The full cabin light switch works fine.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks