Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2022, 16:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Disappointing service experience with Automovill | Finally got my car serviced by a local mechan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
An eye opening post. I paid 17k for 30k kms service for my Jeep Compass. When they gave me a quotation, I specifically asked them to remove AC cleaning. The SA insisted it was mandatory, as I had driven 3 hours in the morning just to get it serviced, I backed down as I wanted to get some rest.
AC Disinfection is a spray, like a perfume which they would spray inside your AC Vent, no way on earth can it be mandatory, i was quoted 3000 for the same for my Volvo S60, its crazy really, of course i opted out.

Also the Windshield liquid, the expensive ones are anti freeze solvents so that they water does not freeze in pipelines in extreme winters, given Indian climate its impossible unless you are very up North. You can safely chose to opt both of these out in your next service, it will not impact the warranty. You service guidebook has all mandatory items listed, you should read that out to the SA in next service.
Old 13th January 2022, 18:53   #17
BHPian

Re: Disappointing service experience with Automovill | Finally got my car serviced by a local mechan

I for one buy all parts required for a service as per the service manual for my out of warranty cars, including some things necessitated at a later service but felt better to be changed sooner and get the service done my a nearby mechanic under my supervision, except when the mechanic requires more than a day (eg my last Q5 service which required the routine stuff + timing belt, pulley change, brake pad change, sunroof service, transmission oil change, AC service and a few more things). It gives a lot of peace of mind.
Sumer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 20:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arayan5614 View Post
Now I was wondering, had I opted for a FREE car pick up and drop they would have very well poured in the same 10W-30 oil in my car.

Now the associate promised to source 5W-30 but now I had lost my trust and opted to take the care back, they charged me INR 450 for brake servicing and almost made the brake as hard as possible - I drove it for 5kms and went back to the garage to get this fixed
I know one of the founders of Automovill and I have forwarded this feedback to him.

I never take free pick up and drop for service. I visit the service centre, sit with the service adviser and take out all unnecessary things added in the job card. Leading brands don't normally allow customer to visit service area and nowadays video live-stream is available in some service centres.
airbus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 08:01   #19
BHPian

The best procedure for flushing engine /any other machinery, which we follow in the marine industry is as below.

1. Drain the old oil completely, wait till the last drop.

2. Close the drian plug.

3. Now, take fresh oil for about 10% of the sump capacity (500ml for 5 Litre sump), pour it slowly, this new oil will flush whatever residues were left behind by used oil.

4. Drain the 10% of fresh oil after few minutes and close the drain plug.

5. Using a fine mesh funnel and pour the desired quantity of fresh oil.
tiagoatrix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 08:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Might be better to fill the sump with whatever cheap mineral oil fits the spec for the engine, run it for about a thousand km, and then drain and refill.

Running a car engine with 10% oil doesn't sound like a feasible thing, marine engines are a lot more robust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagoatrix View Post
The best procedure for flushing engine /any other machinery, which we follow in the marine industry is as below.

1. Drain the old oil completely, wait till the last drop.

2. Close the drian plug.

3. Now, take fresh oil for about 10% of the sump capacity (500ml for 5 Litre sump), pour it slowly, this new oil will flush whatever residues were left behind by used oil.

4. Drain the 10% of fresh oil after few minutes and close the drain plug.

5. Using a fine mesh funnel and pour the desired quantity of fresh oil.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 09:00   #21
BHPian

No sir, the 10% oil is to be drained immediately, any engine will wear out with lack of lubrication . This oil is just to rinse whatever residues were left behind used oil.

Say your sump capacity is 5 Litres.
Buy 5.5 Litres of the recommended grade.
First fill up 0.5Litre. Drain this oil.
Then fill up 5 litres.

Hope I am clear here.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th January 2022 at 06:54. Reason: Quote tag deleted
tiagoatrix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 09:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Oh thanks. I somehow thought you were saying to run the engine for a short time on that 10% capacity, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiagoatrix View Post
No sir, the 10% oil is to be drained immediately, any engine will wear out with lack of lubrication . This oil is just to rinse whatever residues were left behind used oil.

Say your sump capacity is 5 Litres.
Buy 5.5 Litres of the recommended grade.
First fill up 0.5Litre. Drain this oil.
Then fill up 5 litres.

Hope I am clear here.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th January 2022 at 06:54. Reason: Quote tags fixed
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 19:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Agreed with you. Car services are just a one-time annual affair. Pay attention to the quality of parts + labour, and your car will reward you handsomely.

Am with hserus. Just change the engine oil on time, I am no longer a believer of flushes.
Thanks for considering it to move to the home page, hope my experience would help others be careful while serving their vehicles
Old 14th January 2022, 20:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I know one of the founders of Automovill and I have forwarded this feedback to him.
Thanks! It's great gesture to let funders/owners know about the customer feedback and I personally to do that, on related note I got my new two wheeler replaced and upgraded by the company because I made sure the feedback reaches their factory head and others - I would try share this real story sometime soon

On another note, in my experience I always stand next to the car while it's getting serviced and I did that in Chevy brand garage too
Arayan5614 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 23:31   #25

Quote:
Now I was wondering, had I opted for a FREE car pick up and drop they would have very well poured in the same 10W-30 oil in my car.

Now the associate promised to source 5W-30 but now I had lost my trust and opted to take the care back, they charged me INR 450 for brake servicing and almost made the brake as hard as possible - I drove it for 5kms and went back to the garage to get this fixed
I am getting all my cars serviced in Automovill since last 1 year, have got done more than 8 standard services.

For Innova Crysta, the engine oil they are using is shell fully synthetic 5W-30. They are filling these directly from 3.5 litre sealed cans, requires 2 cans. Automovill is quite trustworthy. Attaching videos of engine oil being filled from sealed cans.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1neV...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Aditya : 15th January 2022 at 06:59. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 15th January 2022, 08:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umgoel View Post
I am getting all my cars serviced in Automovill since last 1 year, have got done more than 8 standard services.

For Innova Crysta, the engine oil they are using is shell fully synthetic 5W-30. They are filling these directly from 3.5 litre sealed cans, requires 2 cans. Automovill is quite trustworthy. Attaching videos of engine oil being filled from sealed cans.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1neV...ew?usp=sharing
Nice
, as I shared in the main Post, they seem to be an aggregator of garages and the experience depends on which garage you land at

In my case the garage at Kasavanhalli the oil I was promised was mineral and shown a tin full of 10w-30 oil which they might have poured in had I not inspected

In my experience the whole thing didn't meet expectations, I guess you were lucky to land at their best partner garage

Also the purpose of sharing the experience isn't about a brand but about, as a car owner what do you stand to lose and gain through car servicing options and what precautions one can take
Old 20th January 2022, 11:09   #27
BHPian

Hi Arayan,

Have you tried KHT Chevrolet which is in Peenya. I own a Chevrolet Sail Diesel Sedan. I have been servicing with them for the last 4 years and have found them to be good. I usually go there early morning on Saturdays and get the car by 2-3 PM.

Staying in Whitefield this service center is very far. So usually I wait there till the service is done.

You can contact them on - 080 4935 3637
Old 22nd January 2022, 16:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhotagujju View Post
Hi Arayan,

Have you tried KHT Chevrolet which is in Peenya. I own a Chevrolet Sail Diesel Sedan. I have been servicing with them for the last 4 years and have found them to be good. I usually go there early morning on Saturdays and get the car by 2-3 PM.

Staying in Whitefield this service centre is very far. So usually I wait there till the service is done.

You can contact them on - 080 4935 3637
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I may try them in case of some service is needed which I really don't hope for , for scheduled servicing, I might stick with sourcing the spares and getting it done at the local mechanic

I also stay in Whitefield so the KHT Penya would be a long drive from me too

On a related note any idea where can I source old parts for Chevy?

Disappointing service experience with Automovill | Finally got my car serviced by a local mechanic-sidemirror-intact-.jpeg

Disappointing service experience with Automovill | Finally got my car serviced by a local mechanic-side-mirror-cap-missing.jpeg

don't want to buy the whole side mirror assembly
Old 27th January 2022, 16:52   #29
BHPian

I have never ordered parts online till now. So i wont be able to confirm anything yet. But if i come across any information will let you know.
Old 27th January 2022, 20:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also stay in Whitefield so the KHT Penya would be a long drive from me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhotagujju View Post
Hi Arayan,
Staying in Whitefield this service center is very far. So usually I wait there till the service is done.
It seems that there is one ASC each in Bannerghatta and Bommanahalli. Would that be closer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks