Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2024, 18:15   #76
BHPian

Re: Why you should periodically change your Automatic Transmission Fluid (even if "sealed for life")

Hey guys, I came upon this thread when researching ATF change for my 2005 Hyundai Sonata V6 (purchase and rebuild thread (My Pre-Owned 2005 Hyundai Sonata 2.7L V6 | Ownership Review, Restoration & TLC)).

Just wanted to share what I'm going to do.
I enquired with Hyundai and they're selling the recommended ATF (SP-III) at an astounding ₹2,400 per liter. Given that my car will need 7-8L (including power steering fluid that I'll be flushing as well) this amounts to nearly ₹20k on the oil alone!

Thanks to this thread, I have the below options:
Mannol 8209 - ₹1,500/L - Availability is an issue, I don't want to buy from Amazon, have inquired whether they have dealers in my location
Motul Multi ATF - ₹975/L - Readily available with a local dealer.
GS Caltex - Have enquired with them, let's see. If their price is around ₹1,200/L then I'll go for GS Caltex, else I'm buying Motul.

I will not be using OEM because they don't manufacture those oils themselves anyway. Big thanks to posters in this thread for suggesting GS Caltex.
I'll be swapping out the transmission oil filter as well, as the car has done 96k and I don't think the oil or filter have ever been changed.

Last edited by ads295 : 24th February 2024 at 18:20.
ads295 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 18:27   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Why you should periodically change your Automatic Transmission Fluid (even if "sealed for life")

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads295 View Post
Thanks to this thread, I have the below options:
Mannol 8209 - ₹1,500/L - Availability is an issue, I don't want to buy from Amazon, have inquired whether they have dealers in my location.
Mannol Distributor in Bangalore is accessible. I can PM you the contact if you wish.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 15:48   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Mannol Distributor in Bangalore is accessible. I can PM you the contact if you wish.
Thanks but the company replied to my e-mail with a direct contact for purchase. It's actually available for ₹950/L direct, instead of ₹1,500/L as currently shown on Amazon

I'm going to go for the Mannol 8209 SP-III confirmed, as its a direct match for the grade required by Hyundai, as well as being German manufactured. (Motul oil is multipurpose and also its made in Vietnam)
Old 4th April 2024, 20:05   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by svmvale View Post
As precaution, i got it done at 90,000 kms itself. My FNG said, max load on gear box comes while reversing while in full turn. He was able to feel the difference on my Vento.
Sorry for reviving an old quote but I am very keen to get the oils changed in the gearbox of my Octavia 1.8TSI.

While there are no issues at all with the car currently, I just want to err on the side of caution. It’s done about 40K of mostly highway drives.

May I know where you got this done? I am based out of Bangalore & I believe you are as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks