Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 16:43   #16
Team-BHP Support

Have WagonR.

Have gone through the same situation and problems. And had a thread on it as well.

Its definitely wheel balancing and alignment problem.
Old 28th June 2022, 18:38   #17

Re: Vibrations at high speed

Mod note: Please avoid typing like this... affect readability. Thanks.

I have a 2021 model Creta and just got its second servicing done. Wheel balancing, tyre rotation and wheel alignment carried out at the authorised Hyundai service centre.

The vehicle has done 11500 Kms till now. Today, I drove about 600 Kms on a highway and the vehicle was literally shuddering above 80kmph. Should I get the wheel balancing and alignment redone?

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th June 2022 at 19:39.
Old 28th June 2022, 19:41   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaybhagoliwal View Post
Today, I drove about 600 Kms on a highway and the vehicle was literally shuddering above 80kmph. Should I get the wheel balancing and alignment redone?
Check the wheel balancing again, maybe one of the wheel weights have fallen off from the wheels. Do check the wheel nuts are properly tightened also.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 21:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I have a 2004 model wagonR lxi, with stock tyres, run 30k kms.
The issue is that the car starts to vibrate at anything excess of 70-80kmph. It was not the case till an year back @ about 20k kms, it used to do speeds in excess of 100 and still felt sure footed and stable. But now, it starts vibrating (the vibrations are more pronounced on the steering wheel).
Any inputs?
It could be due to any of the below issues

1) The prime suspect is wheel balancing and alignment, please. do get it done from a reputed shop in your city
2) The vibrations could also be because of a faulty clutch
3) It could be that the tyres have some bulge, please check your tyres thoroughly
4) It could suggest that the car engine is struggling for air supply, it could be as simple as replacing the air filters to a very complex engine related issue, could be a problem with spark plug as well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks