Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2009, 18:20   #61
BHPian

oh so no engine flush for my car then! I was planning to get a OWS flush(just to try it out, going by the feedback) as the next oil change is due soon.
my corsa, 2003yr has currently clocked 65K on the odo and the A.S.S had suggested that ODO had been tampered by the previous owner and according to their estimate it actually could be between 75-80K etc

So, whats my alternative then to engine flush ?
Old 1st August 2009, 20:03   #62
BANNED

Xado website is not working, i think they are out of India. But am not sure. By the way, its an wonder additive to replace costliest overhauling.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
Xado website is not working, i think they are out of India. But am not sure. By the way, its an wonder additive to replace costliest overhauling.
I was in touch with the parent company few weeks back, they are no longer present in India.

2 options:

- Order online from their UK website(cheapest conversion rate) directly to India
- If someone is coming to India from UK, Order online to local UK address and ask that person to carry along.

Even I am waiting to order some products, if I can find someone who can bring it along from UK.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:14   #64
BHPian

Did anyone try this product lately? Any links for buying them in India?
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:26   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Did anyone try this product lately? Any links for buying them in India?
Hi,

Have a set of 4 tubes of XADO Gel Revitalizant for Cylinders lying with me which I had purchased for someone. Can give them to you if you want.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 22nd September 2010 at 11:28.
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:55   #66
BHPian

Thanks Viper!

I was looking to breathe some fresh life into my 1 lac run Tucson. Recently did a compression test and everything appears to be very well within limits and one senior engineer of Hyundai who was present at that time in the A.S.S after inspection assured that Tucson's engine D4EA (also shared with Elantra I guess) is known to last more than 5 lac Kms. He mentioned specimens in India which has crossed 3.5 lacs without any engine overhaul.

All sounds good, but still I thought doing such treatments may improve the condition of the engine at least a bit. Being diesel, I'm not sure whether XADO Gel Revitalizant for Cylinders is the right product for Tucson CRDi. I guess I should use XADO for Diesel engines. Will read about it and contact you in case I can use what you offered. Thanks again
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:44   #67
BHPian

Re: OHC trouble after engine flush. EDIT : Now Solved!

Bumping up an old thread - new updates!

The OHC lost compression last year with one cylinder not firing and shuddering all around. Loss in power, pickup till about 2.5k rpm and an overall decrease in FE as well.

I am going to get the XADO treatment done once again, but this time I'm planning to use the Gel Revitalizant for Gasoline Engines.

Let's see how this goes!
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:06   #68
BANNED

My own experience with these treatments (I have used NUlon in the past on a friend's car) is that they are excellent diagnostic tools, but do not last very long. So I will use it to diagnose/confirm the problem and then go for a more normal fix.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:44   #69
BHPian

Great info. How long the treatment lasts? On searching up the internet I came across similar products such as RVS engine treatment, ceramet, xado. I am planning to use one of the similar products in my friends car which is drinking oil heavily 2l/1000 km. Where to buy in India any leads will be appreciated.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 4th April 2012, 12:11   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
Great info. How long the treatment lasts? On searching up the internet I came across similar products such as RVS engine treatment, ceramet, xado. I am planning to use one of the similar products in my friends car which is drinking oil heavily 2l/1000 km. Where to buy in India any leads will be appreciated.

Regards,
Vijay
As per me the best soloution would be to fit new rings. These band aid fixes may not work in severe cases. And you get peace of mind for the next 60k minimum.
Old 4th April 2012, 21:35   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
As per me the best soloution would be to fit new rings. These band aid fixes may not work in severe cases. And you get peace of mind for the next 60k minimum.

You're saying that fitting new O rings will solve this issue?

I'm sure this is the first thing that a person gets checked when there is an oil leakage in the engine.
We're talking about bad engine conditions where an overhaul is the only option!

Note to all: How bad it is that the treatment lasts almost 4 years all for 8k! The fact is, the XADO tubes cost less than 3k is you get them from the US

Last edited by ankitahuja : 4th April 2012 at 21:37.
ankitahuja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 10:11   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
You're saying that fitting new O rings will solve this issue?

Note to all: How bad it is that the treatment lasts almost 4 years all for 8k! The fact is, the XADO tubes cost less than 3k is you get them from the US
He is probably talking about the piston rings

So have you had the treatment done 2nd time yet? And how much does a compression test cost?
Old 5th April 2012, 21:13   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
He is probably talking about the piston rings

So have you had the treatment done 2nd time yet? And how much does a compression test cost?
My bad jumping in the "Ring"

I've asked someone to get me the stuff from the US. Like I said, it costs less than 3k there so a little wait is more than OK.

I wrote to XADO USA with a detailed explanation about the car and the issue, asking for their suggesting between the cylinder chemical or the gasoline engine treatment. Quoting their response below:

"We recommend to treat the engine once with 1 Stage Maximum Atomic Metal Conditioner [COLOR=#ff7700]http://xado.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=36&product_id=192[/COLOR]
or in three stages using 3 syringes of EX 120 for gasoline engine [COLOR=#ff7700]http://xado.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=36&product_id=356[/COLOR]"
Thinking of getting the Stage 1 treatment also.

I've never paid separate for a compression test so don't know, sorry!

Last edited by ankitahuja : 5th April 2012 at 21:15.
Old 4th May 2012, 22:10   #74
BHPian

i got a few cylinder revitalization tubes from US and going to try this treatment on my Lancer sometime during next week. i am, however, confused on the application part of cylinder gels - could someone clarify on how to apply this? do we need to squeeze in the tubes into spark plug holes? OR the engine top cover has to be removed? OR some other method?
Old 7th May 2012, 18:12   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
i got a few cylinder revitalization tubes from US and going to try this treatment on my Lancer sometime during next week. i am, however, confused on the application part of cylinder gels - could someone clarify on how to apply this? do we need to squeeze in the tubes into spark plug holes? OR the engine top cover has to be removed? OR some other method?
1. Refer to my response on page 2, (if it might help).
2. Check out the exact instructions on the Xado website.
3. Check out YouTube.com for videos on how it's done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks