Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2007, 18:28   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29
wasnt impressed by the first signs of how they approached my problem. Also, the quote they gave me for the replacement was not much less than what my Ford dealer informed me.
My experiance with the wind shield experts in Bangalore is very Good. I have used their services twice for my previous car, Wagon R - once when the R front door glass burst in the sun and another time a coconut fell on the front wind screen. For the front wind screen they charged 5300/- including fitting where as MASS quoted 7500/- plus fitting charges.
They have also displayed at the reception what type of damages can be repaired and what not. They have shown how to repair a slightly cracked glass....Benbsb29, probably the crack on your windshield is slightly bigger than they can repair.
Old 20th June 2007, 20:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Windshield experts can repair a crack if dust has not gone in and the crack has not expanded. You can get stickers from them which needs to be put on the crack to prevent these. Make sure you take car to them asap once you get the crack. They cannot help if the crack has expanded.

My Santro got crack on windshield twice in a month. First time I noticed the crack after it spread and I had to replace the windshield for Rs.5500. The price they quoted was around Rs. 800 less than what Hyundai quoted.
The second crack was small and the stickers saved me.

Make sure you keep these stickers in your car.

I have decided to wash my car from tomorrow. Have to get up early.

Thank you for all the inputs. Happy Motoring!!

Team-Bhp rocks.....
Old 20th June 2007, 20:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Where can I get this cloth?
Thanks
CHamois is a leather sheet treated specially with some oils and you may purchase the same in any Auto accessories shop.
Old 20th June 2007, 20:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
My experiance with the wind shield experts in Bangalore is very Good.
Where are they put up in Bangalore. Do they have a website?
Old 21st June 2007, 00:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
When i asked them the same about a small crack on my car's windscreen, they said they cannot do anything about a crack, but just scratches that they cater to. For a crack, they said you need to replace the windscreen.
What struck me the most was they didnt even ask me to come down once, so they could check if it was worth working on or not.
I wasn't impressed either. I wanted to know if they can remove some of the scratches in my car windshield & they said they only replace & not repair. Goes to show that they are willing to work only for people who are ready to change their windshield. Disgusting.
Old 21st June 2007, 13:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Its so easy to use Google. Try it. :-)

Windshield Repair, Auto Glass and Auto Safety Glass Replacement Services Center India.

They have branches in Madiwala & Ulsoor.

They have branches elsewhere too.
Old 21st June 2007, 15:03   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Benbsb29, probably the crack on your windshield is slightly bigger than they can repair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I wasn't impressed either. I wanted to know if they can remove some of the scratches in my car windshield & they said they only replace & not repair. Goes to show that they are willing to work only for people who are ready to change their windshield. Disgusting.
Abhilash, i would have appreciated had they called me down or sent someone so they could have a look at the crack, if it was small or large by their standards, and then take a call. In my case, they heard me say crack, and ta-da.. it needs replacement. Thats all they had to say. They were really eager as to when i would come to them for the replacement !!

I dont know about the others, but for just about 500-1000 bucks more, i would prefer having the dealers themselves replacing the windscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
They have branches in Madiwala & Ulsoor.
Here is the address to the Madiwala branch :
No 51 / 1-3, Sangeetha Complex,
Opp Anjaneya Temple,
Hosur Road, Madiwala.
Ph : 080 25635176/ 30974648.

Havent checked these numbers, so not sure.
Old 21st June 2007, 15:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Since I stay in Indiranagar, I use the one on Dickenson Road. They are in the basement of the building next to Bhima Jewellers and Manipal centre.

Quote:
Abhilash, i would have appreciated had they called me down or sent someone so they could have a look at the crack, if it was small or large by their standards, and then take a call. In my case, they heard me say crack, and ta-da.. it needs replacement. Thats all they had to say. They were really eager as to when i would come to them for the replacement !!
Quote:
I dont know about the others, but for just about 500-1000 bucks more, i would prefer having the dealers themselves replacing the windscreen.
I am quite satisfied with their work and did not notice any difference from the stock fitting. I am a very finiky guy and usually notice even the slightest flaws...

Yes .. some of these workers really need to have some sales training. They could have requested you to come over to inspect/repair and then do replacing if required. Usually happens when the manager/receptionist is out and the worker picks up the call...
Old 21st June 2007, 15:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

If the scratches are minor then they could be removed, this place is is wilson garden, contact person "ramdas pai:9845010539"

Take left after the the bus terminal, double road.

i did go to him to get the scratches removed but since my WS had some minor cracks. i was told that it was not recommneded.

"Tooth paste" helped me a bit, apply it over the Ws let it dry and latewr wash it shampoo. it helps immensly during the rains too.

good luck
Old 21st June 2007, 15:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Tooth paste" helped me a bit, apply it over the Ws let it dry and latewr wash it shampoo. it helps immensly during the rains too.
How does a toothpaste trick work? do they fill in the scratches?

Reminds me of an old thread that exisits on windscreen and some one suggested a sliced potato on the scratched WS! probably a dash of vinagrette with salt n pepper would add to the FLAVOUR !
Old 21st June 2007, 15:53   #26
BHPian

Does any one know the reason for a milky white film on the windshield when the wiper is on ?
Old 21st June 2007, 16:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Tooth paste does not remove the scratches but does clean the WS, even my car was being washed by the watchmen and with the borewell water. so i guess after washing he was not wiping it well. so lots of marks had come up, the Tpaste cleaned all the "Marks".
Old 21st June 2007, 22:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Most of the dealers call these kinda folks to do the job, they do not have the expertise to do it themselves.
Old 26th June 2007, 14:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

The number is not in use. Can you please give me the exact directions? I know the left from double road.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
If the scratches are minor then they could be removed, this place is is wilson garden, contact person "ramdas pai:9845010539"

Take left after the the bus terminal, double road.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The number is not in use. Can you please give me the exact directions? I know the left from double road.
Thanks
Dont have any other number, if you are aware of the bus terminal which comes to the left, take immediate left. keep goping you will find "Hotel poornima" in the left, just before the hotel there is a small lane and you will find the workshop in that lane.

i know too many lefts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks