Team-BHP - Windscreen condensation?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Windscreen condensation? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/25612-windscreen-condensation.html)

Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if there's any solution for Windscreen condensation. The mist that accumulates on the windscreen when it's raining. I know switching on the AC is one solution but am looking for anything else that can be done. Detergents, shampoos etc.

Another alternative I can think of is to use a cloth and wipe your windscreen when condensation happens. The use of the AC is best solution and widely accepted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman77 (Post 480250)
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if there's any solution for Windscreen condensation. The mist that accumulates on the windscreen when it's raining. I know switching on the AC is one solution but am looking for anything else that can be done. Detergents, shampoos etc.

Well there are two solutions:
1.) Switch on the AC
2.) Ask your gf sitting next to you to do some work for a change:p

try using a newspaper instead of cloth....seeeee the difference

Quote:

Originally Posted by adman77 (Post 480250)
Hey guys,

Yes, there is one that I saw while in Ooty. Wipe a damp cotton cloth on a toilet soap (lux, rexona etc) and wipe this cloth on inside of wind screen. Applying a micro thin layer of soap on inside of windscreen this way surely helps condensation from inside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 480255)
. The use of the AC is best solution and widely accepted.

Well when it is raining it already is cold in the car. What if I want to use the heater..when else will I use it.

So what do we do then other than keep wiping?:confused:

switch on ac along with heater it will work fine

I usually use the heater directing it to the vents on the DB, usually it will be colder/rainy season when the mist forms.

Fix those fibre/plastic window shades (i dont know their proper names), the ones that allow you to leave the window open a little bit when its raining. That way rainwater wont come in, window will be open, and their wont be much condensation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 481181)
Fix those fibre/plastic window shades (i dont know their proper names)

they are called as Wind Deflectors or Door Visors

yes they are a good option for avoiding condensation.....boon for smokers when it rains...go only for quality product else the cheaper ones break even with the smallest blow/jerk and u wont get a single piece to replace....

Check out Video 17 here: Driving a Cultural Change in India: 9: Video 16 -17travelling in india, driving in india, learning to drive in india, driving test, free online driver education awareness training videos covering topics such as blind spots, mirrors signal manoeuvre,

Quote:

Originally Posted by nispatel (Post 480280)
Yes, there is one that I saw while in Ooty. Wipe a damp cotton cloth on a toilet soap (lux, rexona etc) and wipe this cloth on inside of wind screen. Applying a micro thin layer of soap on inside of windscreen this way surely helps condensation from inside.

In 1985 I remember buying in Europe a cloth that was pre-impregnated with some soapy substance. All I had to do was wipe the inside of the windshield once a week or so with this cloth. This was required since we had a dukkar Fiat without a/c.

Now in the days of a/c cars, all that is needed is to run the a/c for a little while. In Goa we get very heavy rains, and the a/c route is the only option.

I am bugged more by the condensation that happens on the outer surface of the wind screen in highly humid conditions when the AC is on. Wipers don't help much. Not even the wipe wash. Also the side windows sweat a lot hampering peripheral vision. Any solution for this?
I guess only fellow Calcuttans and Bombayites will understand my problem.

Even I have faced same problem as Sudipto… I stays in mumbai .. I have Zen vxi,,,, when heavy rain starts falling, I don’t start my AC On, cause it makes my windscreen foggy ( then I cant see even a car which is ther on 2Fts ) if I turns my heater on, the I sweats lie any thing,, pls tell me what do I do to have clear view from m car in heavy rains ?

Thx in advance
Jitendra

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team (Post 481312)
I am bugged more by the condensation that happens on the outer surface of the wind screen in highly humid conditions when the AC is on. Wipers don't help much. Not even the wipe wash. Also the side windows sweat a lot hampering peripheral vision. Any solution for this?
I guess only fellow Calcuttans and Bombayites will understand my problem.

To avoid condensation on the outside, just ensure that the AC vents do not point towards the glass area.