Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2007, 16:52   #1
BHPian

Windscreen condensation?

Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if there's any solution for Windscreen condensation. The mist that accumulates on the windscreen when it's raining. I know switching on the AC is one solution but am looking for anything else that can be done. Detergents, shampoos etc.
Old 26th June 2007, 16:55   #2
Team-BHP Support

Another alternative I can think of is to use a cloth and wipe your windscreen when condensation happens. The use of the AC is best solution and widely accepted.
Old 26th June 2007, 17:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if there's any solution for Windscreen condensation. The mist that accumulates on the windscreen when it's raining. I know switching on the AC is one solution but am looking for anything else that can be done. Detergents, shampoos etc.
Well there are two solutions:
1.) Switch on the AC
2.) Ask your gf sitting next to you to do some work for a change
Old 26th June 2007, 17:12   #4
BHPian

try using a newspaper instead of cloth....seeeee the difference
Old 26th June 2007, 17:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Hey guys,
Yes, there is one that I saw while in Ooty. Wipe a damp cotton cloth on a toilet soap (lux, rexona etc) and wipe this cloth on inside of wind screen. Applying a micro thin layer of soap on inside of windscreen this way surely helps condensation from inside.

Last edited by nispatel : 26th June 2007 at 17:15.
Old 26th June 2007, 18:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
. The use of the AC is best solution and widely accepted.

Well when it is raining it already is cold in the car. What if I want to use the heater..when else will I use it.

So what do we do then other than keep wiping?
Old 27th June 2007, 10:22   #7
Team-BHP Support

switch on ac along with heater it will work fine
Old 27th June 2007, 10:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

I usually use the heater directing it to the vents on the DB, usually it will be colder/rainy season when the mist forms.
Old 27th June 2007, 11:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Fix those fibre/plastic window shades (i dont know their proper names), the ones that allow you to leave the window open a little bit when its raining. That way rainwater wont come in, window will be open, and their wont be much condensation.
Old 27th June 2007, 12:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Fix those fibre/plastic window shades (i dont know their proper names)
they are called as Wind Deflectors or Door Visors

yes they are a good option for avoiding condensation.....boon for smokers when it rains...go only for quality product else the cheaper ones break even with the smallest blow/jerk and u wont get a single piece to replace....
Old 27th June 2007, 12:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Check out Video 17 here: Driving a Cultural Change in India: 9: Video 16 -17travelling in india, driving in india, learning to drive in india, driving test, free online driver education awareness training videos covering topics such as blind spots, mirrors signal manoeuvre,
Old 27th June 2007, 12:52   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nispatel View Post
Yes, there is one that I saw while in Ooty. Wipe a damp cotton cloth on a toilet soap (lux, rexona etc) and wipe this cloth on inside of wind screen. Applying a micro thin layer of soap on inside of windscreen this way surely helps condensation from inside.
In 1985 I remember buying in Europe a cloth that was pre-impregnated with some soapy substance. All I had to do was wipe the inside of the windshield once a week or so with this cloth. This was required since we had a dukkar Fiat without a/c.

Now in the days of a/c cars, all that is needed is to run the a/c for a little while. In Goa we get very heavy rains, and the a/c route is the only option.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am bugged more by the condensation that happens on the outer surface of the wind screen in highly humid conditions when the AC is on. Wipers don't help much. Not even the wipe wash. Also the side windows sweat a lot hampering peripheral vision. Any solution for this?
I guess only fellow Calcuttans and Bombayites will understand my problem.
Old 27th June 2007, 16:31   #14
BANNED

Even I have faced same problem as Sudipto… I stays in mumbai .. I have Zen vxi,,,, when heavy rain starts falling, I don’t start my AC On, cause it makes my windscreen foggy ( then I cant see even a car which is ther on 2Fts ) if I turns my heater on, the I sweats lie any thing,, pls tell me what do I do to have clear view from m car in heavy rains ?

Thx in advance
Jitendra
Old 27th June 2007, 16:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I am bugged more by the condensation that happens on the outer surface of the wind screen in highly humid conditions when the AC is on. Wipers don't help much. Not even the wipe wash. Also the side windows sweat a lot hampering peripheral vision. Any solution for this?
I guess only fellow Calcuttans and Bombayites will understand my problem.
To avoid condensation on the outside, just ensure that the AC vents do not point towards the glass area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks