Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2008, 01:37   #46
BHPian

Can someone please enlighten me with pictures of all filters and where they are located,
i.e. fuel filter, oil filter and air filter.

So that i can make a mark on them next time as i dont know what is what when i open the hood apart from where to put oil, coolant and wiper wash
Old 22nd May 2008, 09:24   #47
BHPian

Thanks mods for re-directing me here from my original query
Can some one pleas elet me know how to check if the oil is really changed.

what should be the oil colour for swift diesel ?
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:37   #48
Senior - BHPian

I always insist that Ill be present with my car no matter what. Incase the floor manager has any objections I speak to the higher people in the Management and they generally allow as long as I donot come in the way. Been like this for as many years as I can remember with both Maruti, Mahindras, and now Tata.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I always insist that Ill be present with my car no matter what. Incase the floor manager has any objections I speak to the higher people in the Management and they generally allow as long as I donot come in the way. Been like this for as many years as I can remember with both Maruti, Mahindras, and now Tata.
@ wanderernomad .. Which Tata A.S.S do you go to ?
Old 23rd May 2008, 07:20   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post

Same is the case with me.I am there next to my car when they change oil (engine/diff/gear box).I've been following this with my Scorpio and Safari religiously (in Pune Bora Auto for M & M and BUB for TATA).
Worst case,get the oil filter,oil from the service center and get it changed from an outside mechanic.Gives you peace of mind....
Old 24th May 2008, 11:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

First of all insist on being present when your vehicle is serviced without being a nuisance. If that is not allowed, then immediately after you get your vehicle back after service, open the hood and pull out the oil dip-stick. If the colour of the oil is even slightly brownish then it means oil change has not been done properly. Although this is not a sure-fire method.

I don't go to ASCs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Thanks mods for re-directing me here from my original query
Can some one pleas elet me know how to check if the oil is really changed.

what should be the oil colour for swift diesel ?
Old 22nd May 2009, 20:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
Honda, Toyota, Ford, Skoda service centers here in Pune have big glass windows between the customer lounge and service bay...the customer can see his/her car getting serviced but a majority of them do not allow the customers to move around in the service bay
Dear ZAKAAAAAAASSS, even maruti service centre in mumbai vitesse at andheri link road has a huge glass in customer area and can see his car getting serviced. I have good friends with floor staff every one know me by my car no. and name they even allow me to come on the workshop floor if I want to say something to them. There is a trick all you have to do is give them exelent marks when they give you customer feedback slip it is very important for them as this feedback goes to Maruti at delhi. Ihave at times gone for service without appointment also. It is simple GIVE AND TAKE. Ihave never been cheated
Old 15th August 2009, 12:47   #53
BHPian

How to check if Diesel Engine Oil has been changed & if it is synthetic or mineral ?

Hello Techies,
I have a question which I feel would arise in most people who do not stand by their car when the Engine Oil is changed and leave it to the service guys to do the job.
Is there a way to check if the engine oil has been genuinely changed and if it is synthetic or not ? If they(service guys) have claimed to put in synthetic oil , charged you a bomb but have topped it with regular mineral oil ?
Thanks & best regards,
Adit.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th August 2009 at 14:00. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, thanks
Old 15th August 2009, 12:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

you cant.

changing oil is not rocket science. buy your own synth, get it done by an independent garage where they will let you want
Old 15th August 2009, 13:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

You aint the first to wonder about it:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...il-change.html
Old 15th August 2009, 15:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

hi,
Yesterday I had the 2nd servicing of my car done.It had only run 2831kms, I told the driver who had come for pick-up that I don'r want Oil change.He insisted that it's been 6 months and you change the oil. I agreed. But I have not verified if they have genuinely changed the engine oil.was it advisable to change oil at just 2800kms ?
Old 15th August 2009, 21:14   #57
Senior - BHPian

What does your Flair manual say? Generally in today's efficient petrol engines with good quality engine oil, you don't need to change for about 10k Kms.

I don't go to ASCs as have an aversion to them. My views may be biased but I'm sure that they would not have changed the oil but billed you for sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
hi,
Yesterday I had the 2nd servicing of my car done.It had only run 2831kms, I told the driver who had come for pick-up that I don'r want Oil change.He insisted that it's been 6 months and you change the oil. I agreed. But I have not verified if they have genuinely changed the engine oil.was it advisable to change oil at just 2800kms ?
Old 15th August 2009, 21:28   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
I totally agree to your suspicion Tanveer. But, i do take my oil along with me (Mobil 1 super syn) and they dont have to change my filter (since its a K&N) . I dont ask them to do the balancing or wheel alignment because i know they cheat there. And I insist to keep checking on what these guys are doing to my car. I think one has to insist on it. I am talking about Vivek auto (FIAT + TATA service center )

I hope K&N filter you are talking is air filter and not oil filter.If it is oil filter you better replace it each time you change oil.Why would you put or leave dirty oil filter with fresh oil?
Old 15th August 2009, 21:44   #59
BHPian

I think 6 months is a good time to change the oil. Even if the car hasnt run much, the oil does deteriorate by just being in the engine.

Last edited by Takumi-san : 15th August 2009 at 21:46.
Old 15th August 2009, 22:01   #60
Team-BHP Support

No harm in changing if its regular mineral oil. Shorter trips, lesser usage are more taxing on oil compared to higher mileage and longer drives, so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks