Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 18:20   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
For the same I got different quotes from dealers and they were almost double in price compared to WSE.
That should not happen - dealers quoting twice the price that is. Usually there is a difference of around 20% between dealers and WSE. However the biggest adavantage of WSE is the quick turnaround time - you are free to go home in 2-3 hours. The dealer will usually take the whole day.

The price difference can also be because of glass brands. Usually WSE fit AIS glass as they have a strong tie-up with Asahi. However the dealer will have the glass from the OEM. If the OEM is a better brand (Nissan float, SG Sekurit) then you can expect a sizeable price difference. However even then it should not be double.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
That should not happen - dealers quoting twice the price that is. Usually there is a difference of around 20% between dealers and WSE. However the biggest adavantage of WSE is the quick turnaround time - you are free to go home in 2-3 hours. The dealer will usually take the whole day.

The price difference can also be because of glass brands. Usually WSE fit AIS glass as they have a strong tie-up with Asahi. However the dealer will have the glass from the OEM. If the OEM is a better brand (Nissan float, SG Sekurit) then you can expect a sizeable price difference. However even then it should not be double.
Hi Cesc,

I got two quotes from two Honda dealers in Bangalore before I replaced my Wind shield at WSE.

Magnum Quote was 9k (odd), 3.5k to be paid by me and rest Insurance. This was just over the phone and they said they need to inspect before finalizing the amount.

Dakshin Honda quote was 13k I asked them why there's a difference and explanation I received was not satisfactory.

Dealers gave me the following reasons

> High quality sealant would be used.
> Honda approved equipment would be used.
> Need 2 whole days.
> Entire rubber beeding needs to be replaced.

This was not acceptable for me.

More over ANHC comes with ASAHI as OE, and hence didn't bother me much.

WSE does a far better job in less time for less hassle.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:39   #33
BHPian

Same happened twice with my matiz and once with my friends accord.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:21   #34
BHPian

[quote=raghu230506;1858630]Hi Cesc,

Dealers gave me the following reasons

> High quality sealant would be used.
> Honda approved equipment would be used.
> Need 2 whole days.
> Entire rubber beeding needs to be replaced.

This was not acceptable for me.

More over ANHC comes with ASAHI as OE, and hence didn't bother me much.
quote]

> High quality sealant would be used - Partially true. WSE do not use the best quality ones. But the one they use gets the job done. So no value aded by the dealer.
> Honda approved equipment would be used - This is the funny one. The only thing they need is a steel cable to cut through the sealent.
> Need 2 whole days - For what? If WSE can do it in 2 hours flat then why can't the dealer?
> Entire rubber beeding needs to be replaced - This I agree with. And so does WSE. Dealers change the beading but WSE makes do with the same beading. A beading cost does is less than a thousand bucks though.

Makes sense why WSE gets so much business.

If your glass OEM was AIS then all the more better.
Old 29th April 2010, 15:08   #35
BHPian

TASS quoted somewhere around Rs. 7500 for the replacement and WSE quoted Rs. 5147. TASS takes 2 days and WSE takes only 1 hour to replace the windscreen. I wonder if different process is used by both of them to fix the glass.
Old 12th February 2015, 11:44   #36

Audi windscreen crack

Hi,

I need expert help to determine cause of windscreen crack. Car was parked in a Hotel parking lot and driver saw it cracked all of a sudden without any external force.

Car is driven under 2000 km. I am wondering whether it is manufacturing defect or some prior impact which resulted in a crack later. If manufacturing, I want it replaced under warranty else insurance claim.

I have attached photo of crack. Request senior and experts help.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Now how the heck did my windshield develop the crack?!!-img20150212wa0002.jpg  

Old 12th February 2015, 14:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audi windscreen crack

Could you confirm whether your car parked in covered parking or under hot sun?

Windshield can crack due to temperature variations when parked under hot sun.

In the pic, there seems to a small impact on the windshield, can you check whether it's dirt or a crack from a stone chip.
Attached Thumbnails
Now how the heck did my windshield develop the crack?!!-img20150212wa0002.jpg  

Old 12th February 2015, 14:37   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

It will certainly not be covered under warranty. You can claim your insurance at best. Hopefully you have a 0% depreciation cover. These windscreens are quite expensive. Costed me close to 90k for my 3 series but ofcourse insurance covered it.
Old 12th February 2015, 14:46   #39

Thanks for the reply. It was parked in open. Sunlight was there 9-10 am but not too hot. It is not dirt spot. Spot not seen through naked eyes. Dealer took this photo. If stone chip, then I have to get it replaced through insurance.
Old 12th February 2015, 14:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

I had a similar experience in my Innova.

When we took it to the A.S.S., they claimed it was due to external damage and asked us to opt for insurance. But when we asked them to have a closer look, they admitted that it seems to be a manufacturing defect and replaced the windshield under warranty.
Old 12th February 2015, 14:49   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
It will certainly not be covered under warranty. You can claim your insurance at best. Hopefully you have a 0% depreciation cover. These windscreens are quite expensive. Costed me close to 90k for my 3 series but ofcourse insurance covered it.
Thanks. It is A4 I recently purchased. Yes I do have 0% depreciation.
Old 12th February 2015, 15:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandUp View Post
Hi,

I need expert help to determine cause of windscreen crack. Car was parked in a Hotel parking lot and driver saw it cracked all of a sudden without any external force.
The damage via stone chip is not possible to cause this much damage, not to front windscreen atleast. Take the car to dealer and ask him to replace under warranty. No external force can cause such damage to front windscreen without leaving a big noticeable mark.
Moreover, the car was not in moving state and hence such damage by stone chip is not possible.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 15:23   #43

Thanks, dealer is saying that crack can happen days after the stone hit.
Old 12th February 2015, 16:01   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandUp View Post
Thanks, dealer is saying that crack can happen days after the stone hit.
Exactly. It will be very difficult to prove it as a warranty defect I feel. Although I fail to understand how a stone hit that hasn't caused any visible damage lead to a crack after a few days? I have heard of a previous crack or chip off expanding but with no visible physical damage to begin with, it feels a little implausible.

Anyways all you will lose is probably your NCB bonus which is actually quite significant with these cars as the premium amount is high.
Old 12th February 2015, 21:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
...Although I fail to understand how a stone hit that hasn't caused any visible damage lead to a crack after a few days? I
Similar thing happened to my Swift recently. There was a small stone hit while driving from Bangalore to Chennai. The spot was so small (size of a ball point pen tip) that I even forgot about it in a few days. A month later, a crack started developing and I was wondering what could be the the reason. Finally, after closely inspecting the crack, figured out that the crack had started from the spot where the stone hit, running towards the left A pillar. Replaced the windshield paying Rs 5.5K at myTVS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks