Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2023, 18:21   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.2 TSI shows "BS III" in the PUC certificate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
So the PUC is not connected to the RTO Database or did you need to edit the page source code?
Oh it was connected online alright - I can see the PUCC updated online as well, with proper 12M validity date extension. And no - it was a simple editable drop-down. I didn't touch the laptop even. Just asked him to select from the existing UI based drop-down.
Old 19th May 2023, 09:25   #17
BHPian

Did the PUC of the car last week and it shows BS4.

Really thankful to the Thane RTO officials to do the necessary changes and of course the ease of doing it in just one visit.

As per my recent experiences (Correction in address for my driving license, 15 year renewal of RC for my bullet STD and the BS3 to BS4 correction for Polo) Its much easier and convenient to deal with government officials than the private sector.

I prefer to by-pass the brokers and do things myself much against the advice of my better half, and the experiences so far have been pleasant.

Cheers
Brumby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 23:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Did the PUC of the car last week and it shows BS4.
...I prefer to by-pass the brokers and do things myself...
Awesome!
What was the process like for you? (Excuse me in case I missed it. I skimmed all the previous posts)
Old 17th June 2023, 13:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
Awesome!
What was the process like for you? (Excuse me in case I missed it. I skimmed all the previous posts)
The process was quite simple.

I had to submit an application with the details of changes required.
Following documents were submitted:

1. Copy of RC
2. PUC certificate
3. Maker's document confirming the emission regulation compliance for my car.

The application with the documents was submitted at the counter where changes to RC or re-issue of RC is done.

The executive at the counter filled up a form with the details of my vehicle and the changes required.

This form with the application was submitted to the RTO for verification, signatures and then an update from their end on the website.

Since the RTO was busy with some other work, I was asked not to wait and that they will forward the document to the required department themselves (was supposed to be done by me).

Though I did not receive any confirmatory mail or SMS, however at the next PUC renewal the certificate was showing BS 4 and it was valid for one year.

My experiences so far have been genuinely very good at the government offices, and I highly recommend to get the things done by yourself provided you can spare a day.

Cheers.
Brumby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 19:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Though I did not receive any confirmatory mail or SMS, however at the next PUC renewal the certificate was showing BS 4 and it was valid for one year.

My experiences so far have been genuinely very good at the government offices, and I highly recommend to get the things done by yourself provided you can spare a day.

Cheers.
Good that your's got updated

I submitted my application on 01st Mar'23 at Pune RTO and received a proper acknowledgement (with application number and stamp). However, I have not received any further update from their side as yet and Vahan portal still shows it as BS3

Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2023, 19:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post
Good that your's got updated

I submitted my application on 01st Mar'23 at Pune RTO and received a proper acknowledgement (with application number and stamp). However, I have not received any further update from their side as yet and Vahan portal still shows it as BS3

Thanks.
Finally after 5 months my car details also got updated to BS4. However, it required multiple follow ups, coupled with re-submission of application at RTO.

My agent explained the anomaly it as a "Clerical Error"!
Would suggest people moving their vehicles from Metro cities (where BS4 was adopted way before rest of the country), to double check the details for their pre-2017 vehicles.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Old 9th January 2024, 22:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:

I had to submit an application with the details of changes required.
Following documents were submitted:

3. Maker's document confirming the emission regulation compliance for my car.

Cheers.
Hi Brumby what does this Maker's document look like. Did you get it from the dealer or did you have to mail the company HQ for this. And was it specific to your vehicle/license plate or your model?
Old 9th January 2024, 23:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshiviv View Post
Hi Brumby what does this Maker's document look like. Did you get it from the dealer or did you have to mail the company HQ for this. And was it specific to your vehicle/license plate or your model?
At first, I approached the dealer with a clear thought that if the dealer is unable to help, I will approach the maker.

The dealer provided a document which had the specifications of the car when launched. It clearly indicated the emission norms that the car complied to when launched.
Brumby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 12:08   #24
BHPian

So is it BS4 from April 2017 to Mar 2020 or is it April 2010 to Mar 2020. In many cases the RC & the PUC don’t match. A friend of mine intends to buy a preowned car and is in total confusion. Also are the norms different for petrol and diesel vehicles?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks