Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 20:25   #16
BHPian

Re: VW Taigun steering wheel shakes, drags to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downshifter View Post
Same issue on my 2022 Brezza as well. Had multiple instances of alignment and vehicle pulling towards left. Went to a nearby Alignment service shop and did the service, however the issues was still persisting. The alignment center had given up and told to visit the Service Center. However, my car had still time left for the scheduled 3rd service and therefore I contacted Code6 Hyderabad for help. They suggested to go for road force balancing. Later, I went for a 2000 kms road trip only to observe on the highway that the car is changing directions like crazy!!! It is maintaining a straight line only If I hold the steering wheel firmly. Once I let go it immediately moves to the left and right also!!! This happened in post triple digit speeds. However, the steering is giving me enough feedback while making turns i.e, the steering weight is intact at higher speeds. But it is changing directions rather tooo quickly and that too towards the right. I’m scratching my head unable to understand this weird behaviour.

Any suggestions from fellow BHPians ?!
This can happen even with a wheel alignment that is within oem specification ranges and all greens.

Mind sharing the current alignment report to seek for clues?
Old 30th August 2023, 20:34   #17

Here it is ! I am attaching the alignment report I had collected from the shop before conducting the Road Force Balance and my trip post that.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Taigun steering wheel shakes, drags to the right-769974cc5b64439fa72e1ef77580e113.jpeg  

Old 31st August 2023, 07:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Here it is ! I am attaching the alignment report I had collected from the shop before conducting the Road Force Balance and my trip post that.
Quote:
Same issue on my 2022 Brezza as well. Had multiple instances of alignment and vehicle pulling towards left.

Later, I went for a 2000 kms road trip only to observe on the highway that the car is changing directions like crazy!!! It is maintaining a straight line only If I hold the steering wheel firmly. Once I let go it immediately moves to the left and right also!!! This happened in post triple digit speeds. However, the steering is giving me enough feedback while making turns il..e, the steering weight is intact at higher speeds. But it is changing directions rather tooo quickly and that too towards the right. I’m scratching my head unable to understand this weird behaviour.

Any suggestions from fellow BHPians ?!
A screenshot, though 'inadequate' does provide clues explaining a certain part of 'phenomenon' encountered.

Try readjust the front individual cambers to spec lower limit of -0°10' or thereabout, and see how you like it or otherwise.

Personally I would opt for individual camber of -0°30' or lower to reduce/eliminate 'floaty' steering wheel feel encountered.

Last edited by zeng : 31st August 2023 at 07:45.
Old 31st August 2023, 09:49   #19
BHPian

[quote=asmr;5601730]Hi all,

I noticed this in my last highway trip but didn't get around to posting it here.

I have a Taigun 1.0L TSI AT from Dec 2021. It has gone through the regular servicing and then some, for minor issues. But I noticed that the steering wheel shake pretty visibly when the car touches 100kmph.

High speed vibrations generally mean wheel balance issue or bent rim. Check for both.
Old 2nd September 2023, 11:05   #20
BHPian

Any update on this? Did you get the car checked at a service center post your wheel alignment check? Did Audioholics suggestion of getting the car to relearn work?
Old 7th September 2023, 08:35   #21

Try swapping your tires. One of them might be defective
Old 7th September 2023, 10:05   #22
GTE
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggy_81 View Post
Try swapping your tires. One of them might be defective
Exactly exchange front & rear keeping the sides the same as in front left to rear left.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks