Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2023, 00:18   #16

Re: VW Polo GT TSI | DSG problems even after a repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityan27 View Post
Hi Mitesh, what is the latest on this?

I too had a mechatronics failure, about 2 months back, on my 9 year old GT TSI.
Sent the car on a flat bed to The Mechanix Automotive here in Pune but he recommended I get the work done at an authorised VW service centre as they offer a 2 year warranty & the mechatronics doesn't really have a pre-defined life span, could go kaput anytime or run flawless again for another 9 years. No way to tell, so best to have the assurance of a 2 year warranty. Plus it ain't cheap.
Sushant at The Mechanix Automotive is surely capable of undertaking the job but he always provides sound advice & hence so many fellow Bhipans recommend this FNG.

Actually, I had even contemplated sending the car to Mumbai to N1Racing for a repair but glad I didn't go down that path. Getting it replaced was the best decision , I feel, though a costly one.

I spent little less than 1L on the new mechatronics unit (from authorised VW centre) and the car is buttery smooth again.
Can share a photo of the bill if you want.
Thought of sharing my experience with this issue.
I got the car back from the workshop and its running normally again. The only reason i did not want to go through the VW Repair route is the fact that it was not even a month into the my ownership and i was faced with a DSG faliure and was not ready to shell out 1 to 1.5 Lacs on repair costs with downtime of again 1 to 2 months for the entire process as quoted by VW guys.

Hence for my situation i felt going down the route of Transmission repair from an outside workshop was more sensible because i was getting the repair done at a fraction of the cost. Although this came with a shorter warranty of 6 months as opposed to 2 years which i would get from VW, looking at what i have got myself into after going through multiple forums about VW's reliability this was a gamble i was ready to play.

Coming to the update on the repairs at workshop, Mr Harjeet (Owner of Sehmbi) was extremely helpful this time around as getting the car back into the workshop on a Flatbed in a period of less than 10 days after Mechatronic Repair was not something which even he expected.

At the workshop we had checked the error code which said something related to electrical faliure to which the workshop represented that they need to again reopen the transmission in order to find the root cause of the issue. However on initial diagnosis he said it could be on account of Oil Leak from the Mechatronic Unit as even a slight change in the amount of Oil which was changed during the last repair would cause the unit to malfunction.

However over the course of few days i got constant updates from the workshop while they were trying to figure out the issue. I was said there are some electrical fluctuations which are happening which had nothing to do with the Mechatronic Unit itself but the exact cause was still not known. Since the workshop had a Polo lying at a different location they managed to get the electrical board / some other unit (not sure what exactly was the part) and replace it in my Polo to check if there is an issue with my unit. After doing this the issue in hand was identified which was something related to Fuse and the part was subsequently replaced.

Its been more than 250+ kms since i got back ths car and haven't faced any other issues till date.
MiteshRane is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks