Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2023, 10:17   #16
BHPian

Re: VW Tiguan | Steering Wheel noise issue after driving non-stop @ 80 kmph

Quote:
Originally Posted by srahiman View Post
A quick update on the issue. VW has a S/W update ready for this issue. They applied to my Tiguan on Tuesday Dec 6th 2023. While I personally have not taken the car out for a long drive since then, I'm aware they took the car for a long 50+ KM test drive and did not hear the noise.
Am at my service station, and they claim that no software update is due for the Tiguan. Could you please share the details ( field campaign) number of the update. Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 21:37   #17

Got the software update done to fix the steering wheel noise on my VW Tiguan.
Have a planned short trip to hills this new year year eve, will check whether a software update can fix that noise.
Thanx.
Old 6th January 2024, 21:09   #18

Just a little update on steering noise after coming back from a 1000 kms trip.
After getting the software update done on my 22 VW Tiguan there was no steering noise nor even the slightest rubbing feel that was felt earlier.
Really pleased and hope the noise doesn’t comeback.
Thanks.
Old 9th April 2024, 11:55   #19
Raz

I am the owner of a January 2023 Tiguan. I first noticed this issue in my Tiguan in March 2023 when I was driving in the western ghats. Subsequently, the volkswagen service center in Rajajinagar, Bangalore took care of the problem by using a software update. After that, I drove my Tiguan for nearly 8,000 kms without any squeak or noise coming from the steering column.

But during a recent trip from Chennai to Bangalore, the dreaded humming noise started after couple of hours into the journey. Now the noise recurs every time I am in peak city traffic for more than an hour. And when I am making a turn there is a slight resistance in the steering wheel also. But this noise is absent when I halt for a significant time and start the car. I plan to take the car to the service center for a resolution for this issue.

But does anyone know the root cause of this issue and what will be a permanent solution for the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks