Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2023, 21:42   #16
BHPian

Re: Reliance launches JioMotive OBD-based telematics for cars

This seems to be the same device that connects the 2.0 VW cars somehow. My VW app is a replica of the Jio Motive app or vice-versa. The screenshots above seems to have the same info with just the addition on a hotspot. I have been considering to get a hotspot device for the car but not going to shell out 5K for this, which might also allow Jio to have access to my driving data.

Off topic - has anyone seen a dongle that supports 5G data? Not the airtel 5G fiber or jio 5g fiber blocks that recently came out.
Old 29th November 2023, 12:32   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_forever View Post
Got the Jiomotive, installation was pretty quick.
Data sync is almost immediate and seems to be accurate.
Worried if it is draining the battery even when the ignition is off.
Attachment 2529336

Attachment 2529337
Can you please check if there is a way to know if the car has been idling for more than 10-15 mins?

I have the LocoNav OBD and it has been very helpful in catching my driver chilling with the AC on while he waits. Need to check if Jio Motive has this feature then I am ready to make the switch.
The LocoNav has a feature to setup email alerts so everytime the car is idling on for more than 15 minutes, i get an email which is great.

However, overall Loconav has been crap! Their connectivity issues do not end, even area with strong mobile connectivity their device is low or no connectivity which makes the device pointless for the most part. Their customer service is lousy and keep saying they are making over the air update but nothing changes. I am hoping to shift to Jio Motive and try to get a refund out of Loconav.
Old 29th November 2023, 14:23   #18
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Can you please check if there is a way to know if the car has been idling for more than 10-15 mins?
If this Jio motive dongle is the same as that of VW/Skoda 2.0 cars (looks most likely), yes it shows idling information in the trip view apart from halts for each trip. In addition, I get alert notification that engine is idling and to switch off, after 10 or 15 mins.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 09:35   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

I have the LocoNav OBD and it has been very helpful in catching my driver chilling with the AC on while he waits. Need to check if Jio Motive has this feature then I am ready to make the switch.
The LocoNav has a feature to setup email alerts so everytime the car is idling on for more than 15 minutes, i get an email which is great.

However, overall Loconav has been crap! Their connectivity issues do not end, even area with strong mobile connectivity their device is low or no connectivity which makes the device pointless for the most part. Their customer service is lousy and keep saying they are making over the air update but nothing changes. I am hoping to shift to Jio Motive and try to get a refund out of Loconav.
I can see the idling information for few of the rides and it seems to be accurate.
Yet to figure how to enable email notification.

Reliance launches JioMotive OBD-based telematics for cars-screenshot_20231201_093338_jiothings.jpg
Zen_forever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 18:22   #20

Advice Requested

Hello BHPians, I hope everyone is doing well. Check the forum discussion but couldn't find what I was searching for so thought of reaching out to the experts.

My issue pertains to using the Vehicle Tracker OBD tool. Recently, I purchased one from Jio Mart and received the product. However, upon installing my Tata Altroz, I discovered that I could not latch back my coinbox with the device in place. So then I was thinking about buying an OBD extender, which is available in major e-commerce platforms.

My questions to the community are:-

- Can I use the port extender if I intend to use the device, or should I not go for it, particularly given the fact that the vehicle is still under extended warranty?

- Will it create any interface with the vehicle's system?

- Is it safer to use such extender cables?

- If so, any recommendations for any particular brand/cables.

- Any other valuable suggestions which I might have missed out on while seeking info through this thread?

Thank you

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th January 2024 at 18:46. Reason: Please search existing threads before creating new. Proofread before posting.
Old 8th January 2024, 06:33   #21

Seeking Advice on Compatibility of JioMotive 4G GPS Plug n Play OBD Car Tracker with Hyundai Exter

Hello all,

I am currently considering purchasing the JioMotive (2023) 4G GPS Plug n Play OBD Car Tracker for my Hyundai Exter. However, after checking some Amazon reviews, I noticed conflicting opinions about its compatibility with various car models.

Before making a decision, I would like to gather insights from individuals who have firsthand experience with this specific tracker, especially those who have used it with a Hyundai Exter. Your feedback will be invaluable in helping me determine whether this device is suitable for my car.

If you have used the JioMotive 4G GPS tracker on a Hyundai Exter, please share your experience regarding its installation, performance, and any issues you may have encountered. Additionally, if you have insights into the compatibility of this tracker with other car models, please feel free to contribute.

I appreciate your time and assistance in guiding me through this decision-making process. Your honest and detailed feedback will be highly beneficial not only to me but also to others who may be contemplating the same purchase.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input.
Old 19th January 2024, 02:58   #22
RDS
BHPian

Does JioMotive capture data only when JioThings app is running? Or does the app display data irrespective of the fact whether app/phone was off/on?

I just want to understand security implications because the device has various good features especially 4g connectivity.

I wonder if it uses connectivity to send data to Jio data centers first and then App receives that data; or whether sim connection allows app to receive data only when we want to run the app ....

Any security/privacy settings screenshot would help people + terms and conditions data policy screenshot as well.

Last edited by RDS : 19th January 2024 at 03:03.
Old 14th March 2024, 14:10   #23
BHPian

So this Jio thing apparently gives a Wifi Hotspot.
1.Dear Users who have this device, please confirm if the wifi hotspot remains on when the vehicle is off. (OBD is supposed to be powered on all the time)

2. Also does anyone know a Dashcam which live streams via internet? (Not via local wifi)

If yes to 1 above is true and there is a device 2 above I can always see live streaming from the parked car. ��
Old 15th March 2024, 17:38   #24
BHPian

1. The device is on even after the car is off to account for temp stops during road trips. After some time it switches off. 2. Wifi is on until it switches off and has good speeds 3. The OBD device definitely sends data to servers as we can monitor car remotely irrespective of whether the app is on or off 4. For my Vehicle (Ritz D 2010) other than trip , location and ignition info, the other OBD information could not be retrieved from vehicle

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks