Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2014, 22:44   #31
BHPian

Re: Windscreen Washer problem

Hi Experts!
Sorry to wake this thread up. Well, my dzire was all fine until today morning, my dad tried to clean the windscreen and pushed the lever to turn on the wipers. Well, the wipers did turn on but there was no water. As of now, it seems like either the pipe is choked (chances are low though) or the motor has given up.

My question is - Should the motor give up in less than 3 years? That too when this utility does not undergo any abuse.

Can the experts help me how to fix this myself? I and my dad love the Team-bhp DIYs
Old 4th March 2014, 09:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipakDZireLover View Post
Hi Experts!
Sorry to wake this thread up. Well, my dzire was all fine until today morning, my dad tried to clean the windscreen and pushed the lever to turn on the wipers. Well, the wipers did turn on but there was no water. As of now, it seems like either the pipe is choked (chances are low though) or the motor has given up.

My question is - Should the motor give up in less than 3 years? That too when this utility does not undergo any abuse.

Can the experts help me how to fix this myself? I and my dad love the Team-bhp DIYs
Open the bonnet. Stand near the bonnet and ask someone to pull the wiper stalk to activate the washer.

Can you hear the sound of the motor ?

Do you see any visible leaks ?

Rohan
Old 4th March 2014, 10:32   #33
BHPian

Checking it right now. I can't see any visible leaks nor can I hear any motor sound. But I do see a pin out. But I can't make out where it should be. Can you help?
Old 4th March 2014, 10:38   #34
BHPian

Here is the pin that I'm talking about.
I however think that it might be the headlights old pin. I had got new set of bulbs long back. Can someone help me with any wiring diagrams that can help me track it?
Attached Thumbnails
Windscreen Washer problem-1393909659641.jpg  

Old 29th October 2015, 21:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
3. Do rats have a liking for washer fluid pipes ? I know that rats chew wiring, but what about pipes ?

Rohan
Dude, new gen rats are in love with these pipes. I remember the pipes of my car been damaged by rats a number of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipakDZireLover View Post
Hi Experts!

I have the same problem. My washer motor doesn't work. The ford guys suggested replacement worth 5k. . I am also looking for a jugaad to fix it for a few bucks. Did you find any??
Old 27th November 2015, 12:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post

I have the same problem. My washer motor doesn't work. The ford guys suggested replacement worth 5k. . I am also looking for a jugaad to fix it for a few bucks. Did you find any??
Hi
Well, in my case, it turned out the problem was with the electical wiring leading up to the motor. A local mechanic was able to track it down and fix the wiring. No motor changed as per the Service Center guys. Hope this helps.
Old 27th November 2015, 13:44   #37
BHPian

I also faced this issue in my Brio, but turned out to be a minor block in the washer head unit. Motor was operating as I was able to see the water droplets slowly oozing out of the head unit.

Windscreen Washer problem-dsc_0040.jpg

I just pulled out the head unit along with the pipe from the slot and removed the head unit out of the pipe.

Windscreen Washer problem-dsc_0036.jpg

Windscreen Washer problem-dsc_0037.jpg

After removing the head unit, I tried operating the washer and observed the water properly coming out of the pipe. Hence I could confirm, the blockage lies in the head unit.

Windscreen Washer problem-dsc_0035.jpg

I used safety pins for clearing out the nozzles and washed thoroughly with clean water. Then I placed the head unit back in place and fixed it in the slot.
I observed washer pumping water through all the nozzles as normal.

Windscreen Washer problem-dsc_0041.jpg

Please bare with me for low picture quality as this was taken in mobile camera without proper lighting.

PS: Washer head unit in Brio is placed in the slot with the help of a plastic lock. Please be careful while pulling out the unit as the lock may get damaged.
Cruiser_D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 19:11   #38
BHPian

The windshield washer in my less than a year old Grand i10 stopped working today morning while driving to office. The nozzles sprayed water for few seconds and stopped then. I guessed the tank is out of water.

Came back home tried to fill it. But there was enough water already present.

When I pull the stalk I can clearly hear the motor working and just few droplets of water coming out of both the nozzles.

What could be wrong?

Can someone help me identifying parts of the washer assembly. The motor, pipelines etc.
Old 25th April 2016, 19:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
What could be wrong?
Given that the motor is running, it is most probably something that is clogging the lines. Do you use normal water in the washer tank? If the water is hard, calcination on the nozzles / pipes could be the culprit. If you can see visible blockage at the nozzles, try to see if you can clean them with a needle. If that does not do it, the blockage is probably somewhere further down in the lines that feed the nozzles
GJ01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 23:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Can someone help me identifying parts of the washer assembly. The motor, pipelines etc.
Please follow the message above yours. The photos should offer you the guidance you need. Essentially remove the pipe from the nozzle head and see if it sprays properly. If so, the nozzle head is blocked. Clean that out with a needle or as suggested earlier in this thread with an injection into the nozzle head. Once it is clear then water will flow normally.
If water does not come out properly from the pipe, either you have a blockage in the pipe or there is a cut somewhere so part of the water is leaking out and your pressure at the end is low. Figure out what is the problem and resolve accordingly. If it is indeed the pipe that is blocked or cut, you need to be able to follow it from motor to nozzle point and check where it is blocked or cut. If cut, it needs to be replaced. If blocked, it can be cleaned out and replaced.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 10:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Please follow the message above yours. The photos should offer you the guidance you need. Essentially remove the pipe from the nozzle head and see if it sprays properly. If so, the nozzle head is blocked. Clean that out with a needle or as suggested earlier in this thread with an injection into the nozzle head. Once it is clear then water will flow normally.
If water does not come out properly from the pipe, either you have a blockage in the pipe or there is a cut somewhere so part of the water is leaking out and your pressure at the end is low. Figure out what is the problem and resolve accordingly. If it is indeed the pipe that is blocked or cut, you need to be able to follow it from motor to nozzle point and check where it is blocked or cut. If cut, it needs to be replaced. If blocked, it can be cleaned out and replaced.
There is a little probability of both the nozzles getting jammed at the same time. There might be a block somewhere down. I will check.

I don't think there is a cut, because the water doesn't get spilled on the ground.

I use normal tap water with few drops of liquid dish washer in it, as suggested by few BHPians. The cleaning results are excellent. But, I think I will use soft water from now on.
Old 26th April 2016, 20:25   #42
BHPian

Well, i checked. The pipeline is jammed somewhere near the water tank. It might need to be taken out and cleaned. I will have it done at the service centre. The second service is due in few days.
Old 26th April 2016, 22:10   #43
BHPian

Suggestion: Put some shampoo (about a teaspoon) before filling the water reservoir.

It helps clean the glass better, gives the wiper rubber some lubrication and also prevents salt build up that clogs the nozzles...
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Can someone share the location of the windshield washer pump on a 2005 Swift? It needs to be replaced and I have the part and was thinking of a DIY depending on the difficulty to access.
Old 2nd April 2017, 11:10   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Can someone share the location of the windshield washer pump on a 2005 Swift? It needs to be replaced and I have the part and was thinking of a DIY depending on the difficulty to access.

The washer pump is generally a part of the tank unit. You will need to remove the tank to replace the pump.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks