Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2017, 02:59   #46
BHPian

Re: Windscreen Washer problem

After the last annual service of my Alto K10 AMT, I found that the height of the water spray has decreased. Now the water is thrown upto half of the windshield! Interestingly, the force has decreased in all the three nozzles. I am sure MASS has managed to spoil it somehow. They are very careless. I always filled the reservoir with purified water so that there may be no sedimentation or crusting. I am certain MASS has used dirty water and somehow clogged the system, because even a two days prior to servicing the windshield washer was working perfectly! It is not a functional loss as the wipers can still spread the water all across the windshield.
Old 11th December 2017, 03:18   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
After the last annual service of my Alto K10 AMT, I found that the height of the water spray has decreased. Now the water is thrown upto half of the windshield! Interestingly, the force has decreased in all the three nozzles. I am sure MASS has managed to spoil it somehow. They are very careless. I always filled the reservoir with purified water so that there may be no sedimentation or crusting. I am certain MASS has used dirty water and somehow clogged the system, because even a two days prior to servicing the windshield washer was working perfectly! It is not a functional loss as the wipers can still spread the water all across the windshield.
If you are into DIYs, it can be easily fixed. The low pressure can be resolved by cleaning the net which is before the pump. Also see if there are any bends in the pipe, which can also cause a pressure drop. I guess the low height of the washer spray is because of the low pressure. If they have fooled around with the height of the spray, then it can be adjusted to your preference by a pin.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 07:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

My Zen used to get clogged often but the use of good quality liquids ensured the flow was smooth. A practice which I follow to this day.
Attached Thumbnails
Windscreen Washer problem-img_0667.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 13:33   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My Zen used to get clogged often but the use of good quality liquids ensured the flow was smooth. A practice which I follow to this day.
I follow the same practice. I use another product.

In this case, the clogging is iatrogenic.
Old 30th January 2018, 23:41   #50
BHPian

today came across this thread, you may have a look at my earlier repairs HERE for my Xylo.

since few days Im noticing the spray has been reducing to just a bit, and yday evening opened the bonnet & found the pipe is broken. Its been almost 7.5 years, and the pipes are indeed become hard, mostly because of the engine heat. Maybe this weekend I'll visit a local garage to replace all pipes.

regards,
Pranav

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks