Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2024, 22:56   #91
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Great job, Pannag. I've been following Brotomotiv on You Tube and they seem a dedicated lot and a rare breed. If they were in the vicinity (Chennai) then may I may have retained my Honda City that was showing signs of early rust in many places; that was one of the reasons for me to sell the Honda City. Wonderful dedication to the memory of your late dad.
Thanks alot sir, your compliments mean a lot especially about context of my dad! I sure miss him today.
Pannag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 09:39   #92
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannag View Post
Vivek,

I feel you must check your booster assembly, hoses connected to them since Alto uses servo braking, that uses engine powered vaccum to help you press brakes without much effort. Dp you see any cracked hoses connected on the booster assembly? if not it could also be master cylinder issue, you might have to post pics of your engine near booster.
Pannag,
Recently I asked the mechanic to inspect the booster, he said the booster had gone bad. But I did research online about the booster and it's working. The conclusion was that when the vehicle is turned off and the booster still holds the vacuum inside for days, that means the booster is working properly. I have inspected thoroughly the hose pipe and NRV valve it's all in good condition and working as it should. Moreover, I have inspected the leakage around the brake lines and master cylinder but could not find any such. One thing I observed during the inspection my booster cylinder is Boch whereas the master cylinder is from the KBX brand. It was a little strange for me as these were never changed since the vehicle was bought, how come the manufacturer did not use the same brand for the master cylinder and brake booster?
Just an update it's not that hard to press the pedal, but it's not soft either as compared to other vehicles.
I will attach the pictures for reference. Apologies for the dirty pictures of the vehicle, I took the pictures while I was on a long drive to Shimla and had to take a bad road for traveling, and started raining all of a sudden, so it was a little bit messy. Could not get the time for the car wash.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-img20240423172502.jpg  

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-img20240423172518.jpg  

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-img20240423172531.jpg  

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-img20240423172528.jpg  

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-img20240423172456.jpg  

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-img20240423172446.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks