Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2023, 19:16   #1
BHPian

CVT Oil Changes | All you need to know

Summarizing CVT oil change for Jatco JF015E - unit which is equipped in Baleno and the Magnite. This is all you need to know for CVT oil changes!

1. Recommended interval that I am following - oil 20K KMs(see Honda amaze interval) and filter change recommended at 20K KMs, but you may stretch to 40K KMs. India falls under extreme driving conditions. Remember: filter cost is a fraction of the transmission assembly!

2. MSS service centers are not trained on how to change the CVT oil and its filters. You will have to do some research and guide the team on how to do the same. I was present with my car through the process.

3. Videos you should checkout on CVT replacement:

Only the first 5 minutes will suffice. Notice how they remove the other cylindrical filter. You have to guide your mechanic on how to do this.

4. Refer my old post on how to change the CVT oil and main filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
Folks, good news! Got my CVT transmission oil and filter replaced at Maruti Suzuki Service(MSM) Okhla, Delhi.
Quote:
Please find. Was occupied with work, could not post earlier. Also, attaching some pics of the old/used spares.
5. Follow the procedure in step 4, and order the other filter which is not available in MSS. I used this amazon link, procured two, one for next oil change. Could not find this on boodmo either
Amazon link to the filter

Replace the two filters every 20K or 40K per your comfort along with oil changes and you should be good to go!

Now let the pictures do the talking

Location of the filters:
CVT Oil Changes | All you need to know-location-filter.png

Old filter vs the new filter
CVT Oil Changes | All you need to know-oil-filter.png

New transmission pan filter, link in the other post
CVT Oil Changes | All you need to know-new-transmission-filter.png

Condition of the oil, previous oil change was around 20K KMs before
CVT Oil Changes | All you need to know-condition-old-oil.png

New oil, around 3.3L went in - we measured the drained oil.
CVT Oil Changes | All you need to know-condition-new-oil.png

I am going to be following Honda's recommendation and changing the oil and filter every 20K KMs. Its expensive, but better than replacing the entire transmission unit.

If anyone wants to know where you can get this done in NCR, head to MSM Okhla or drop me a DM, will share the details!
lxskllr is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 16:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: CVT Oil Changes | All you need to know

CVT oil change for Maruti Baleno and Nissan Magnite - Post moved from the CVT Transmission (Gear) Oil replacement for the Maruti Baleno CVT thread to a new thread.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th December 2023 at 16:44.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 14:56   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: CVT Oil Changes | All you need to know

Can you please share the part numbers of both the filters?
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:11   #4
BHPian

Are the above 2 filters same for Nissan Micra CVT 2013?

Last year I got cvt transmission fluid change done at Nissan authorised service center. Initially they were reluctant. But I've shown some YouTube videos and insisted on doing it. They contacted plant and finally only 1 filter (filter 1 as per above image) change was done along with transmission fluid. The pan filter change was not done as it couldn't be procured or they may not be sure of what and how to do it.

CVT transmission fluid change was done after 8-9 years of purchase and around 37k kms.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 16th January 2024 at 16:18.
Old 17th January 2024, 08:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post

Last year I got cvt transmission fluid change done at Nissan authorised service center. Initially they were reluctant. But I've shown some YouTube videos and insisted on doing it. They contacted plant and finally only 1 filter (filter 1 as per above image) change was done along with transmission fluid. The pan filter change was not done as it couldn't be procured or they may not be sure of what and how to do it.

CVT transmission fluid change was done after 8-9 years of purchase and around 37k kms.

If you have changed the CVT fluid of Micra CVT, can you tell me what is the quantity that is required? There is nothing mentioned in the owner's manual and international guides quote a very different higher number of oil replacement.

When we drained the CVT oil in two Micra's, one was 3.5 ltr and another was 3 ltr. Also for these two cars we replaced only the oils and not the filters. Can you let me know the part numbers or details of the filters you have changed?

I had also enquired in the Micra thread, but had not got any reverts - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5614047 (Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review)

Thanks.
KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 17th January 2024 at 08:40.
Old 17th January 2024, 14:08   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Summarizing CVT oil change for Jatco JF015E - unit which is equipped in Baleno and the Magnite. This is all you need to know for CVT oil changes!
]

I am going to be following Honda's recommendation and changing the oil and filter every 20K KMs. Its expensive, but better than replacing the entire transmission unit.

If anyone wants to know where you can get this done in NCR, head to MSM Okhla or drop me a DM, will share the details!
Strange that Honda recommends CVT servicing for the Amaze and not for the City. The manual states it's a lifetime fluid
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 10:45   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Can you please share the part numbers of both the filters?
  1. 26572-58MR0 STRAINER ASSY/ FILTER
  2. Transmission Oil Filter with Gasket & Drain Washer 31726-28X0A 31726-3JX0A - Nissan Part number - do not have MGP part number

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post

If the gearbox unit is the same, should be the same. Try and find out the gearbox model of micra and then search for the filter of that gearbox model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Strange that Honda recommends CVT servicing for the Amaze and not for the City. The manual states it's a lifetime fluid
The fifth gen owners manual has this corrected, recommended every 2 years or 40K KMs whichever is earlier.

CVT Oil Changes | All you need to know-cvt-fifth-gen.png
lxskllr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 21:58   #8
BHPian

Quick question - is it required for the Toyota e-CVT in Hyryder/GV as well?
Old 29th January 2024, 10:08   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Quick question - is it required for the Toyota e-CVT in Hyryder/GV as well?
I couldn't find anything mentioned in the GVs manual. Would recommend to stick to 2 years or 40K KMs.
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 02:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:

4. Refer my old post on how to change the CVT oil and main filter

5. Follow the procedure in step 4, and order the other filter which is not available in MSS. I used this amazon link, procured two, one for next oil change. Could not find this on boodmo either
Amazon link to the filter

Replace the two filters every 20K or 40K per your comfort along with oil changes and you should be good to go!

Now let the pictures do the talking

Location of the filters:
Attachment 2549817

Old filter vs the new filter
Attachment 2549819

New transmission pan filter, link in the other post
Attachment 2549818

Condition of the oil, previous oil change was around 20K KMs before
Attachment 2549816

New oil, around 3.3L went in - we measured the drained oil.
Attachment 2549815

Hi Mate,

I am about to procure the round filter from Ubuy/ Amazon as it isn't available with MSIL. Any experience getting it from UBUY ?

Link:
https://www.ubuy.co.in/product/23BU5...ternal-2010-up

Also what role does the washer have in the round filter replacement?

TIA
Old 26th February 2024, 09:41   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Hi Mate,

I am about to procure the round filter from Ubuy/ Amazon as it isn't available with MSIL. Any experience getting it from UBUY ?

Link:
https://www.ubuy.co.in/product/23BU5...ternal-2010-up

Also what role does the washer have in the round filter replacement?

TIA
Hey Mate, no experience with filter procurement from Ubuy, have ordered stuff from Desertcart, check if the filter is available there.

The washer is not for Baleno, you may ignore that. I verified with the parts manual and the service manual which I found at the service center.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks