Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2024, 14:30   #16
M35
BHPian

Re: The Skoda Yeti Makeover: Stage-3 inside and the hot VRS Green outside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
The legal will have to be done this week at the local RTO.
Legal done. I just back after having the RTO done his inspection. The RC might take it's sweet time, but I have done my part. Quite relieved now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Is there a significant difference in performance between stage 1 and 3? Also is there a more shorter service interval post Stage 3? Currently I do an oil change and general service every 8k kms.
The feel of Stage 3 is very difficult to put into words. Stage -1 will be easily felt from the Stock map, so is from Stage 1 to Stage 2, while from 2 to 3 is not much in terms of pure pull.

Stage 1 to Stage 3 is going to be a great experience and the larger Turbo once kicks in, the fun starts. Get someone like Rajiv who can custom map based on your taste.
M35 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 15:49   #17

Having owned a Yeti for 9 years, I can honestly claim that it is indeed an amazing vehicle.
Pynummoottil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 15:54   #18
BHPian

Car looks fab. I am sure it’s awesome to drive. The Bilstein B6 are rock hard though. It’s a personal choice but over time it feels like there is no suspension at all and can get to you. High speed cornering and braking is mind blowing though. Just make sure you have new tyres otherwise old rubber will get shredded by the new hard suspension. Have gone through this. So just shared. Happy motoring
KKapadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 20:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Legal done. I just back after having the RTO done his inspection. The RC might take it's sweet time, but I have done my part. Quite relieved now.
Just out of curiosity, do they extend the registration duration after inspecting the car and issue it with a fresh 5 years on top? Or will the RC duration stay the same? Please keep us posted.
superblover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 20:04   #20
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
The Bilstein B6 are rock hard though. It’s a personal choice but over time it feels like there is no suspension at all and can get to you. High speed cornering and braking is mind blowing though. Just make sure you have new tyres otherwise old rubber will get shredded by the new hard suspension. Have gone through this. So just shared.
Thanks for that. Agree with you completely on the B6. These are stiff (for a reason). Especially at slow speeds, say on patched-up roads, the ride is quite rough. But as you pick up the speed, the B6 shows what it is, just amazing at cornering.

PS: I am running on these B6s since late 2018/early 2019

Last edited by M35 : 5th February 2024 at 20:07.
M35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 21:58   #21
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblover View Post
Just out of curiosity, do they extend the registration duration after inspecting the car and issue it with a fresh 5 years on top? Or will the RC duration stay the same? Please keep us posted.
Here is the answer to your question
The Skoda Yeti Makeover: Stage-3 inside and the hot VRS Green outside!-screen-shot-20240206-00.20.38.png

https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//...ent/renewal-rc
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 21:59   #22
BHPian

Hot damn! Is this a good looking car or what! I've come across a few Yetis in Sweden and have always wondered why it was not more popular. Do you have any of the original pictures? A before and after final pic would have been nice!
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 00:28   #23
BHPian

Finally the much awaited update on the makeover of your Snowman is out & what say ?
The vibrant Java Green exterior is simply awe-striking and the specimen looks grandiose by all means.

Quote:
My Yeti is probably the only one in India (if not the world) with a Stage-3 map and the beautiful and hot Java Green colour makeover.
Even today, I have not come across any car in the south of the 30 lac price bracket (no offence to any other cars/owners) that can handle as well as my Stage-3 Yeti. With its hot Java Green outfit and aesthetics, the bar has only been raised higher!
That's true, M35 & I wholeheartedly agree to your sentiments.
With almost 14 yrs of experience with my Škodas, I know, how painful it is to upkeep any Škoda in good shape with the kind of the preventive maintenance & also some keen attention it needs.
You've done a marvelous job !

Kudos to your efforts, patience & pain taken to uplift the performance and aesthetics as well of your Yeti.

I would certainly love to see it personally some day.

Last edited by Dr.Vikas : 6th February 2024 at 00:39.
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 08:34   #24

Absolutely awestruck at that colour sir. Beautiful choice of wheels as well

Couple of questions tho, don't the arches look a little under filled by the tires. Or have they been left that way to have some form of clearance for the wheels due to our bad roads.
And what more modifications(mechanical wise) do you see going forward from here?
And perhaps most importantly, have you dyno'd it and much hp/torque is it pushing?
Beautiful car once again. Can't wait to see this thread be updated more
Interceptor10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 09:15   #25
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermax View Post
Do you have any of the original pictures? A before and after final pic would have been nice!
There are plenty of pictures posted in my ownership thread, a link to which is there in the first post on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor10 View Post

Couple of questions tho, don't the arches look a little under filled by the tires. Or have they been left that way to have some form of clearance for the wheels due to our bad roads.
And what more modifications(mechanical wise) do you see going forward from here?
And perhaps most importantly, have you dyno'd it and much hp/torque is it pushing?
Beautiful car once again.
The tyres have already been upsized to the limit. I didn't lower it as our roads are still not ready yet for my usage hence leaving the OE spring as it is.

@all
I am getting quite a lot of PMs regarding the cost involved etc. I am more than happy to reply to all of those but if appropriate, please feel free to post them here as they benefit other forum members as well.

Grid7 uses Glasurit, right from primer to Paint and Clearcoat unlike most others and hence attracted by quality-conscious customers/enthusiasts. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my car and they raised the bar a notch above my expectations.

Last edited by M35 : 6th February 2024 at 09:24.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 10:26   #26
BHPian

Such a beautiful color! Suits the yeti very well. Love the smoked lamps as well. We usually hear of this level of mods for sedans. Nice to see some for a crossover as well.
evil_grin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 12:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I have a thread on the ownership of my Yeti (My pre-owned Skoda Yeti | EDIT: Remapped by Wolf Moto & now Stage 3), but I think she deserves a separate thread for the extensive modifications she has received recently, both in terms of performance and aesthetics. My Yeti is probably the only one in India (if not the world) with a Stage-3 map and the beautiful and hot Java Green colour makeover.
By all the powers holy and unholy! What you have managed to do with one of my most favourite cars ever is to make it even better

I am so very green right now!

Wish you a million mile of happiness with this timeless beauty.

Cheers.
thedragonreborn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 12:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting quite a lot of PMs regarding the cost involved etc. I am more than happy to reply to all of those but if appropriate, please feel free to post them here as they benefit other forum members as well.
If you don't mind, could you please tell how much Grid7 charged you for painting?
Old 6th February 2024, 15:14   #29

What a beautiful job overall. It reminded me of the "hulk" car, from Fast & Furious 3: Tokyo Drift!

The Skoda Yeti Makeover: Stage-3 inside and the hot VRS Green outside!-s6000144a.jpg
hash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 15:41   #30
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
If you don't mind, could you please tell how much Grid7 charged you for painting?
INR 1.75 L to 2.0L depending on the customisation. It costed me 2 as I had them work on the likes of Grill etc. Please contact them directly as I am.no way affiliated to Grid7. The Graphene is additional.One thing for sure, I haven't seen any other place that gives such minute attention to detail and they say they use the Glasurit right from the preparation stage

Last edited by M35 : 6th February 2024 at 15:49.
M35 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks