Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 08:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
@rao battula, please do let me know what happened with your mileage problem. My Palio 1.6 too has developed this kind of mileage issues, I am getting around 6 kmpl in the city even when I drive at my smoothest best. There is no issues at all during highway runs, I have seen 14-15 kmpl regularly. However, there is no idling issues at all, sometimes I do feel 2nd gear is not pulling as it should, not very sure though, it may even be my perception. The car is 2004 model but has run close to 17,000 kms only.

Another ploblem I face with this car is once in every 3 or 4 weeks, the battery goes completely dead. Got this checked whereever I could, battery seems to be fine, electricals were said to be fine by Concorde motors, I suspect a leak somewhere though. Can anyone from Bangalore please suggest where I can get the electricals of this Fiat checked, unlike other cars they seem to be unusually complex.
In fact my probem seems to be the exact opposite. I get normal mileage in city bu it does not increase on highways.

About the battery. There surely should be some leak. First check in any extra fittings like autocop, stereo etc. If you have a boot light ensure that it is switching off when you close the boot.
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
@rao battula, please do let me know what happened with your mileage problem. My Palio 1.6 too has developed this kind of mileage issues, I am getting around 6 kmpl in the city even when I drive at my smoothest best. There is no issues at all during highway runs, I have seen 14-15 kmpl regularly. However, there is no idling issues at all, sometimes I do feel 2nd gear is not pulling as it should, not very sure though, it may even be my perception. The car is 2004 model but has run close to 17,000 kms only.

Another ploblem I face with this car is once in every 3 or 4 weeks, the battery goes completely dead. Got this checked whereever I could, battery seems to be fine, electricals were said to be fine by Concorde motors, I suspect a leak somewhere though. Can anyone from Bangalore please suggest where I can get the electricals of this Fiat checked, unlike other cars they seem to be unusually complex.
Mileage problem was side effect of the RPM issue. Once the RPM issue is resolved, mileage problem is never seen. The resolution for RPM was to do air leak for Clutch.

-BSR
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

I had the power issue with my Adventure for a while and last month it felt worse, before i started to speculate the cause one fine day the injector lights came on and d it was the injectors...i was told(by ***)the culprit was the "Ignition Coil".

Yea it took a while to get it but the wait was worth it now the car has more torque and accelerates smoothly.
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

How uch did the ignition coil cost you. Which brand?
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

gemi, it costed me about 2k i got it fixed in Concorde(***), not sure which brand it is...
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

One advice to all Fiat owners, never get any job done outside i mean non authorized place, most of the times they use a fake part which wont last at all!

And it is most likely that those mechs wont have any clue about this car...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks