Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2007, 22:34   #76
BHPian

buy petrol in cans!!

hi .
this si something which defiantely improve your milage instantly..
buy petrol in cans instead of directly in car.
e.g. when i buy 10 lit of petrol in car it runs @110-112 kms ..
when i buy 10 litres of petrol in can from the same pump the car runs 14-150 kms ... same pump ..
there is a little twist ,
generally the vending machine dedicated for cars is the one which is mostly tampered,plus oprated by the smartest oprators!!! as the customer buys in tens of litres the pump jockey takes its cut tooo .
the best petrol to buy from is the one vending machins where rickshawwalls fill the petrol.
they will never fill petrol in a car in a rickshow queue even if the line is empty and the car line is flooding over.
on the contrey if u ask for petrol in a can AT A VENDING MACHINE WHICH IS DEDICATED FOR CARS they will politely redirect u to the pump which is delivering ok quality and resonable quantity, and thats the rickshowwalla line .
then all the company pumps will give u better avrage may it bp,bpcl,hp,ioc.
try it
i always buy 10 lit of petrol in a can ,then add 20 ml of acetone<thanks to finetuning and kaiser> and then pour it in the car myself ..
now the pump walls call me injectionwala<acetone cyringe> doctor!
and dont mind me buying petrol in cans thrice a week!
try it and let me know!
Old 30th September 2007, 00:46   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOSAM View Post
try it and let me know!
interesting, how much mileage do you get from your car?
Old 30th September 2007, 12:40   #78
BHPian

Quote:
when i buy 10 litres of petrol in can from the same pump the car runs 14-150 kms ... same pump ..
Sameer,i think you mean 140-150kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
interesting, how much mileage do you get from your car?
with 10litres of petrol he runs 140-150kms,so mileage would be 14-15kmpl which is amazing for the palio 1.6 2001.
Old 1st October 2007, 08:11   #79
BHPian

hi

palio 1.6 gives @16 in a/c on long drives on regular basis . max i ve got is 18 kmpl while testing back in 2000.
and yes , sorry for the typing mistakes, i mean 140-150
p.s. palio 1.1 stilegave impressive 24kmpl without a/c in testing, and maruti 800 mpfi 5 speeder gave impressive 30kmpl.without a/c
Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
Sameer,i think you mean 140-150kms.

with 10litres of petrol he runs 140-150kms,so mileage would be 14-15kmpl which is amazing for the palio 1.6 2001.

Last edited by TURBOSAM : 1st October 2007 at 08:22.
Old 1st October 2007, 09:09   #80

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
palio 1.6 gives @16 in a/c on long drives on regular basis . max i ve got is 18 kmpl while testing back in 2000.
and yes , sorry for the typing mistakes, i mean 140-150
p.s. palio 1.1 stilegave impressive 24kmpl without a/c in testing, and maruti 800 mpfi 5 speeder gave impressive 30kmpl.without a/c
impressive..in my siena 1.6,i never get more than 10kmpl(rare occasion's) .usually 8-9kmpl with ac in city.
Old 3rd October 2007, 08:23   #81
BHPian

get the air temp and pressure sensor,intake manifold,lambda sensor and throttle body cleened by physically removing and cleening with petrol first then with carb and choke cleener then again with petrol ,
then reset the ecu and see the difference!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
impressive..in my siena 1.6,i never get more than 10kmpl(rare occasion's) .usually 8-9kmpl with ac in city.
Old 18th October 2007, 08:14   #82
BHPian

cylinder de activation

there is one more way of in direct undersizing .
that is cylinder de activation when power requirement is low.
lets say 4 cyl 100 bhp engine can effortlessly pull the car on 2 cylinders<with necessory mods in lambda sensor positioning.
de activating half the cyl will save @ 30%fuel .
in diesel cars the fuel saved will be more than 45-55%
in both the conditions ,when the power is required then full bank of cylinders can be fired.
Old 18th October 2007, 08:17   #83
BHPian

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
get the throttle body cleened, inlet manifold<plastic>washed with plenty of petrol,get the temp and pressure sensor cleened in your car and it will be bomb plus will give good milage too !
all the best!
Old 18th October 2007, 13:12   #84
BHPian

any tips for the sonata gold 2.7?
Old 18th October 2007, 13:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

Effect of this on FE / Car

i have a habit of slotting the gear to neutral if there is a lot of traffic ahead and i know that until i reach there i have to change gear or totally stop there.

For eg. IF i m driving @50-60kmph and i know that there is red light ahead and until i reach there it will be green or i may have to wait for few secs there i slot from 5th to neutral.

Now i want to know the effect of this. Will it help achieve max KMPL and any side effects of doing this ??
Old 19th October 2007, 22:00   #86
BHPian

hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancer View Post
any tips for the sonata gold 2.7?
actually i dont know the sonata v 6 engine well . am not an authority on sonata engines,and its management systems. but there are sooo many tech heads in india that someone will be definately b helpful.
logically, if you can have separate exhaust headers for each cylinders, and put the lambda sensor on the cylinder which will never be disconnected, and if u can have equivalent dummy resistors in the place of the injectors<so ecu will not detect INJECTOR CIRCUIT OPEN - PRESENT error> then u can cut off two/three cylinders when power is not required.
Old 19th October 2007, 22:06   #87
BHPian

great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
i have a habit of slotting the gear to neutral if there is a lot of traffic ahead and i know that until i reach there i have to change gear or totally stop there.

For eg. IF i m driving @50-60kmph and i know that there is red light ahead and until i reach there it will be green or i may have to wait for few secs there i slot from 5th to neutral.

Now i want to know the effect of this. Will it help achieve max KMPL and any side effects of doing this ??
u can save a lot of fuel by coasting using the cars momentum til u slow down.
you will save the oil consumption in a way too<in petrol> as when the throttle is closed and car running fast in gear-the vacuum created in the engine above the piston is very high, this sucks in the engine oil in to the combustion chembers from all possible directions.
Old 19th October 2007, 22:32   #88
BHPian

crank case vacuum!

there is a lot of violent air/flue gases movement inside the crank case.
i.e. 1600 cc engine at full throttle sucks and throws out 1600 cc air in and out the cylinders/ combustion chembers.the same amount/ more amount of air is circulating inside the engine below the piston and violently moving from one clylinder to other.it causes lot of resistence-try moving 1600 cc air 2000-5000 times per minute!!
at part throttle<say 10%> the combustion chember will be having part of 1600 cc of air <say 10% that is 160 cc> BUT it will still have at least 1600 cc air BELOW the piston.
this is one of the reasons why the engines ooze out oils too!
the pressure in the crank case is higher than atmospheric<thats why more than 1600 cc at atm pressure>
if we suck off the air from the crank case so much that the pressure is @0.5 <that is 0.5 bar less than atm>bars absolute then the things will change dramatically.
so say 1600 cc air at 0.5 bar will be equivalent to 800cc at 1 bar<normal atmospheric>
in the crank cases the pressure is above atmospgeric@1.0125 bars-thats why blow by gases come out of the positive ventalation valve pipe or the dip stick outlet. so by sucking the crank case gases out u can actually increase the efficiency by reducing negative work to be done by the piston under the piston crown+less friction for the crankshaft and con rods to move around in partial vacuum.
PLUS ring sealing will be better because the absolute pressure difference between the top and the bottom of the piston ring pushes the ring lands firmly on the cylinder wall
Old 20th October 2007, 06:26   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you will save the oil consumption in a way too<in petrol> as when the throttle is closed and car running fast in gear-the vacuum created in the engine above the piston is very high, this sucks in the engine oil in to the combustion chembers from all possible directions.
Turbosam, could you please re-word that? I cannot quite follow what you have said.
Old 20th October 2007, 10:34   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now i am confused. Check this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/226145-post32.html

and http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...l-right-5.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks