Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2007, 13:34   #16
BHPian

Let down by Hyundai service

Hi guys,

Sent my Accent down to Sreenath Hyundai in Borivali. Post delivery there is a low thumping noise and the car pulls to the right. The thump increases in frequency as I speed up. Air pressure is proper in all tires. I have to expend quite a bit of effort with the steering to keep the car in a straight line despite it being a power steering. These problems were not there before. I know that they have rotated the tires and done a wheel alignment.

Road noise has gone up even with the windows closed. To add to my misery, the engine vibrations have increased and I can feel them even with the car stationery. I had gotten a Dinitrol treatment done on the engine. Could this be a contributor?

The entire service cost me 16K and I feel that I am at a loss....
Old 16th October 2007, 23:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanish76 View Post
Hi guys,

Sent my Accent down to Sreenath Hyundai in Borivali. Post delivery there is a low thumping noise and the car pulls to the right. The thump increases in frequency as I speed up. Air pressure is proper in all tires. I have to expend quite a bit of effort with the steering to keep the car in a straight line despite it being a power steering. These problems were not there before. I know that they have rotated the tires and done a wheel alignment.

Road noise has gone up even with the windows closed. To add to my misery, the engine vibrations have increased and I can feel them even with the car stationery. I had gotten a Dinitrol treatment done on the engine. Could this be a contributor?

The entire service cost me 16K and I feel that I am at a loss....
how is the condition of tyres?

go back and discuss the issues with dealer, good part of dealership is they will handle issue free of cost if immidiately reported.

and how is the pulling problem and all, are they resolved?
Old 17th October 2007, 07:28   #18
BHPian

i think you need to change your tires
even if they look like they are in decent condition they make be the cause
+
have your rims checked out
+
did hyundai perform an engine decarb?
if not get it done
butt then oil change etc will be needed

that is
at least i would do the following
50 000 km tune up

decarb your engine [ check out Engine Decarbonizing Machine Manufacturer,Engine Decarbonizing Machine Exporter,Engine Decarbonizing Machine Supplier India ]

flush out your engine oil
replace oil [MOBIL 1 !]
change oil filter too go k&n

machine check & re clean your injectors

clean throttle body

flush radiator [OWS] and change coolant

change gear oil

clean/put in a k&n air filter

fill up mobil 1 5w50 api sm :: improved engine leak additives hence suitable for older engines

change fuel filter : i like bosch over purolator

change spark plugs [ OWS ] + have your whole ignition system checked [ presume it was done , wires deterioation ]

also before you decarb
its important
dump a bottle of sonax fuel system cleaner in your car to neutralize any acidic water etc run that full tank dry ; fill up then go thru the above procedure
trust me you wont regret it.

cy

check out
http://www.marspetrochem.com/pdf/Mob...ynBrochure.pdf

Vitamins for your car

15. Can I use Mobil 1 in older vehicles with high mileage?

Yes you can. Mobil 1 can help increase the life of all engines, even those in
older vehicles and/or with high mileage. The extra cleaners in Mobil 1 can
help clear stuck rings to help restore engine efficiency. Keep in mind,
however, that Mobil 1 cannot correct an existing engine problem
Old 17th October 2007, 13:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

A pal of mine had bought a new Accent in 2002--the top end model, when I shifted to Hyderabad. Even he used to switch off the AC in 2nd gear during city driving for brief stints of overtaking. However it was a monster on highways, with very good suspension.
So I am not sure if poor pickup with AC is generic to all Accents. Even my WagonR has poor pulling power on 2nd gear with AC on. I suggest you drive another Accent before you conclude that something is wrong with yours.
Old 17th October 2007, 14:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
how is the condition of tyres?

go back and discuss the issues with dealer, good part of dealership is they will handle issue free of cost if immidiately reported.

and how is the pulling problem and all, are they resolved?
OK...shall get back to the service center...but the fear remains of how seriously they might take it. For instance, they charged about 3K for exterior body treatment and when I collected the car, it was covered in handprints and cloth wipe circles.

The pulling problem has improved. Car does not stall in second gear ilke it used to with the AC. But now, I need to bring the revs up higher than before to get the car moving from start in first. Else, it starts to jerk.

They claim to have isolated the pickup problem to two rods connecting to the spark plugs which they have replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A pal of mine had bought a new Accent in 2002--the top end model, when I shifted to Hyderabad. Even he used to switch off the AC in 2nd gear during city driving for brief stints of overtaking. However it was a monster on highways, with very good suspension.
So I am not sure if poor pickup with AC is generic to all Accents. Even my WagonR has poor pulling power on 2nd gear with AC on. I suggest you drive another Accent before you conclude that something is wrong with yours.
That is the one thing I have not been able to confirm as I do not have any friends with Accents. However, have driven an 800 and indica and an ikon and their engines are still more responsive.
Old 17th October 2007, 14:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
i think you need to change your tires
even if they look like they are in decent condition they make be the cause
+
have your rims checked out
+
did hyundai perform an engine decarb?
if not get it done
butt then oil change etc will be needed

that is
at least i would do the following
50 000 km tune up

decarb your engine [ check out Engine Decarbonizing Machine Manufacturer,Engine Decarbonizing Machine Exporter,Engine Decarbonizing Machine Supplier India ]

flush out your engine oil
replace oil [MOBIL 1 !]
change oil filter too go k&n

machine check & re clean your injectors

clean throttle body

flush radiator [OWS] and change coolant

change gear oil

clean/put in a k&n air filter

fill up mobil 1 5w50 api sm :: improved engine leak additives hence suitable for older engines

change fuel filter : i like bosch over purolator

change spark plugs [ OWS ] + have your whole ignition system checked [ presume it was done , wires deterioation ]

also before you decarb
its important
dump a bottle of sonax fuel system cleaner in your car to neutralize any acidic water etc run that full tank dry ; fill up then go thru the above procedure
trust me you wont regret it.

cy

check out
http://www.marspetrochem.com/pdf/Mob...ynBrochure.pdf

Vitamins for your car

15. Can I use Mobil 1 in older vehicles with high mileage?

Yes you can. Mobil 1 can help increase the life of all engines, even those in
older vehicles and/or with high mileage. The extra cleaners in Mobil 1 can
help clear stuck rings to help restore engine efficiency. Keep in mind,
however, that Mobil 1 cannot correct an existing engine problem

Hi Cy,

Thanks for the elaborate write up.

Changing the tires may be the most viable solution at the moment. The wheels are the alloy ones and are not bent in any way.

They did the engine decarb, engine flushing, injector cleaning and regular servicing.

Do not have a K&N filter. And would it be possible to run a car dry? I was told that some fuel always remains....
Old 17th October 2007, 21:38   #22
BHPian

i am sorry didnt mean actually dry but down to the E mark

cheers
cy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks