Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2007, 17:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I would suggest leave it as it is. Wait until the first aniversary and then get all the paint jobs done.

by the way did u have those small black rubber bumper strips? did the scratches happen despite of that or would you have saved the bumper had those strips been present?

Regards,
My car came with body coloured strips, which the accessory shop wallah pointed out, when I asked him to install those. One of them took 50% of the impact, but the area adjacent to the alloy light also took the rest of the scratches/
Old 2nd October 2007, 17:34   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Vnabhi, I got a couple of touch-ups done to my car due to same problem. Slight not so deep scratches as i cannot drive the car with visible scratches on it. I must say the guy near my house who runs a small garage did a fantastic job and each time it costed me around 600-700 bucks of touch-up done for several areas like lower side of the door, front bumper and lower side of rear bumper etc.

And on top of it, i wax my car very regularly so there is absolutely no difference for the touched up areas and original ones and the gloss is so high that i can admire my face on it
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow moboke008, looks like i need to get aquainted with your guy. Where do you live, by the way?
Old 4th October 2007, 12:37   #19
BHPian

Hey Vnabhi, Mobike,

do share me teh contact of this touch guy.

Vnabhi,

My Dad's Zen too had some sratches where he got these touche ups done somewhere in Ramkote , but as he get his cars regularly waxed every month with waxpol/formula 1 all the touches are so well covered that you can never make out.

Do used some paste or hard wax which are verey good as they act as rubbing and cover up the finish well.

Do u folks anyways stay around srinagar colony?
Old 4th October 2007, 14:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nope, I live off Raj Bhavan Road--behind Katriya Hotel
Old 4th October 2007, 14:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nope, I live off Raj Bhavan Road--behind Katriya Hotel

Ok good to know you, i stay in Srinagar colony... Vnabhi i got to know that reputed Turtle wax has india delaer in Lalbungalow ameerpet.

This guy has no correct no's publish, he has very good products for car care.

Check out extreme cleaner wax paste type it around 35-450rs good for do waqy swril mark or minor scratches..
Old 4th October 2007, 17:12   #22
BANNED

In some cases, it's better to replace the bumper rather than repairing like in the case of cars with cheaper spares like Alto !
Old 5th October 2007, 14:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Ok good to know you, i stay in Srinagar colony... Vnabhi i got to know that reputed Turtle wax has india delaer in Lalbungalow ameerpet.

This guy has no correct no's publish, he has very good products for car care.

Check out extreme cleaner wax paste type it around 35-450rs good for do waqy swril mark or minor scratches..
Thanks for the info, vc12. So is the wax dealer on the ground floor of Lal Bungalow?
If I buy it, can I wax the bumper myself?
Old 5th October 2007, 15:34   #24
BHPian

Vnabhi,

I am not sure but says Technical Parts company, 209, lal bungalow, Ameerpet.

In case you do not get here, chekc out At Minister road or in IBP/ BP filling stations for Waxpol products they are also equally good and cost much less.

But I heard Turtle products are well known.

By the way I also got to check out a shop while in Bnagalore , this shop is main delear for Com-Paint cans in Bangalore, Com-Paint manufactures paints specific for make of car and color code as per the manufacturer.

If you want Paprika Red he has teh exact match can, cost around 230-250 rs.

Unfortunately there is no delear for this product in Hyd.
Old 5th October 2007, 15:39   #25
BHPian

[COLOR=black]Vnabhi,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I am not sure but says Technical Parts company, 209, lal bungalow, Ameerpet.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]In case you do not get here, check out At Minister road or in IBP/ BP filling stations for Waxpol products they are also equally good and cost much less.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]But I heard Turtle products are well known.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]By the way I also got to check out a shop while in Bangalore , this shop is main dealer for Com-Paint cans in Bangalore, Com-Paint manufactures paints specific for make of car and color code as per the manufacturer.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]If you want Paprika Red he has the exact match can, cost around 230-250 rs.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman']Unfortunately there is no dealer for this product in Hyd.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 5th October 2007, 15:50   #26
BHPian

Sorry,

Some formatting problem.

[COLOR=#000080]Vnabhi,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]I am not sure but says Technical Parts company, 209, lal bungalow, Ameerpet.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]In case you do not get here, check out At Minister road or in IBP/ BP filling stations for Waxpol products they are also equally good and cost much less.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]But I heard Turtle products are well known.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]By the way I also got to check out a shop while in Bangalore , this shop is main dealer for Com-Paint cans in Bangalore, Com-Paint manufactures paints specific for make of car and color code as per the manufacturer.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]If you want Paprika Red he has the exact match can, cost around 230-250 rs.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080]Unfortunately there is no dealer for this product in Hyd.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000080] [/COLOR]
Old 5th October 2007, 18:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vnabhi,

If you want Paprika Red he has teh exact match can, cost around 230-250 rs.

Unfortunately there is no delear for this product in Hyd.
Wow, thanks for the info.How do i get it from Bangalore? Do you have his phone number?
Is it paint or wax polish?
Old 6th October 2007, 23:19   #28
BHPian

Vnabhi,

I have good news, today i got a call from Technical parts owner Sashi, he was happy to receive query mail from me about intrest for Turtle products.

And then I got to understand that there off /godown is shifted to Balkampet and I have visisted this godown and met Rajashekar there and he has shown all the turtle products all they import directly from US.

It is good to note that we get access to these best know genuine products here) Turtles: hard shell wax, F21, Plantinum waxes rather than those yellow fromula wax cans all over in any auto shops which are fake Chinese.

Finally , I picked up 2 hard shell paste wax , but the point here : in Hyd Technical parts is importer/CF agent , and hence he connected me to Alpha products co. near sai baba temple, panjagutta Mr. Niranjan he houses all Turtle products and other care releated that direct customers can buy and he also supplies to most auto dealers.

I did complained that Turtle products are less distributed and found, they said they are working on this.

I ll post the no on mon day...

Cheers!!!
Old 6th October 2007, 23:23   #29
BHPian

I ll also post the no of Com Paints in Delhihe can send the paint can by courier .

Alternatively, I ll share Auto World bangalore no , may be he too can send it to u .

i ll share the no's on mon...
Old 7th October 2007, 00:51   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Vnabhi,

I have good news, today i got a call from Technical parts owner Sashi, he was happy to receive query mail from me about intrest for Turtle products.

I ll post the no on mon day...

Cheers!!!
Can you confirm where I ca get original stuff in Delhi / Gurgaon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks