Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:22   #16
BHPian

This advert is just amazing! hardly showcasing the car but still making a mark :-)
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great advert up until the Safari makes its entrance. The shape etc looks very dated. I wish Tata would get a move on with their Safari replacement.
Old 22nd October 2007, 21:13   #18
BHPian

Could it be that the driver hit the brakes mid flight and then let go, the engine was powering the read wheels so they start spinning again, while the front wheels stay stationary?
Old 22nd October 2007, 21:25   #19
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
This advert is just amazing! hardly showcasing the car but still making a mark :-)
OT: I was thinking exactly this. i thought the ad was as poor as initial aveo ads.
What is the USP that tata's are trying to convey via the ad - that jump ur 2 ton+ truck???
Old 22nd October 2007, 21:48   #20
BHPian

That jump most probably is digitally touched, maybe thats the reason for the front wheels being locked.
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:04   #21
BHPian

Ha! I did notice this too! Was kind of unusual. Even if the stunt driver does left feet braking, the rear wheels would be stopped too. But I think the front wheels should have been free moving to have a perfect landing.

cya
A
Old 22nd October 2007, 22:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Could it be that the driver hit the brakes mid flight and then let go, the engine was powering the read wheels so they start spinning again, while the front wheels stay stationary?

The only answer till now that makes any sense (assuming laws of physics are applicable to the Safari).
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

That stopped front wheel is plain unnatural for a car thats in a mid-air leap.

A free-spinning wheel takes much more time to come to a stop than how much time a jump offers.

Now, can we see any "lines" keeping the car hanging in air (matrix style)? and making it move across the camera and slowly lowering it?

The rear wheels are spinning due to the engine. If only they had kept it on in the 4WD position, even the front wheels would be spinning too, and we would not have been able to catch the trick.
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:07   #24
BHPian

Wish I had a safari dude. I just posted this to hear from the richness of know-how available in this wonderful place.
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:22   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
That stopped front wheel is plain unnatural for a car thats in a mid-air leap.
What happens if driver breaks for a moment?

Rear wheels- Power is given to rear wheels. hence Braking action will slow it down. But upon releasing brake, the rotation resumes/speed increases.

Front wheels- No power acting on the wheels+ no inertia of motion of the car. The wheels are rotating freely. If the driver applies the brake, it will lock then and there. (Eg: Lift a cycle rear wheel in the air and brake. Stops suddenly, while moving cycle tyre take some time to stop). On releasing the brake pedal, there is no engine force to rotate the tyre, hence it remains like that. (even though unlocked).
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Possible, but what on earth will he do that for?

Once the vehicle leaves the ramp, there is no logical need for the driver to hit the brakes for any reason.

Last edited by 1100D : 23rd October 2007 at 00:30.
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:34   #27
BHPian

True. I guess the effect would have been more pronounced with all wheels spinning away to glory.
The stopped wheel only sparks a debate while spoiling the effect a wee bit.
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
True. I guess the effect would have been more pronounced with all wheels spinning away to glory.
The stopped wheel only sparks a debate while spoiling the effect a wee bit.
Even if both the wheels would have been spinning there would be doubts in some minds as to a car moving on the ground being given "an up in the air" special effect.

May be the driver did hit the brakes for a moment to just clear suspicion on the above count. That the vehicle is truly air borne, moving without its front wheels spinning. But even if he did it on that pupose, there was no need, cos the wheel sag is an indicator that the car is physically not on the ground. However, this is just a tiny possibility!
Old 23rd October 2007, 08:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Rear wheels- Power is given to rear wheels. hence Braking action will slow it down. But upon releasing brake, the rotation resumes/speed increases.

Front wheels- No power acting on the wheels+ no inertia of motion of the car. The wheels are rotating freely. If the driver applies the brake, it will lock then and there. (Eg: Lift a cycle rear wheel in the air and brake. Stops suddenly, while moving cycle tyre take some time to stop). On releasing the brake pedal, there is no engine force to rotate the tyre, hence it remains like that. (even though unlocked).
But even in that case, after releasing the brakes, i dont think the wheel would be so perfectly locked throughout the flight, there may be some indication that it is free, just a thought tho.
Old 23rd October 2007, 08:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

What is broken?

I think Toiingg gave the answer that makes the most sense although I am not standing up and cheering over it. I always wonder what they do with a vehicle once they have jumped it like that. Something has to be broken. Many things have to be broken. My question to you, then, what will likely to be broken upon landing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks