Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2007, 00:44   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
...After that check the sparkpulg gasket. ...
Do you mean to say oil could be leaking in from outisde the engine in this case ?? (ie oil deposited in the spark plug insets on the outside of the engine?)

cya
R
Old 27th October 2007, 01:56   #17

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

even i'm facing the same problem since the last couple of days.whenever i start my zen in the morning after parking overnight,white smoke is emitted from the exhaust.And it has particularly started after i fit a free flow with headers(4x2x1).also i can smell oil/fuel in the exhaust gas.
Old 27th October 2007, 18:00   #18

ok. more or less i confirmed that engine should be disengaged. Can anyone tell how much it costs? is it worth the cost ? or should i sell the car. i'm confused.
Old 29th October 2007, 22:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
even i'm facing the same problem since the last couple of days.whenever i start my zen in the morning after parking overnight,white smoke is emitted from the exhaust.And it has particularly started after i fit a free flow with headers(4x2x1).also i can smell oil/fuel in the exhaust gas.
Last couple of days only? Could the weather getting cooler in Noida be a part of the problem?
Also, for how long is the smoke staying? Is the exhaust spitting any liquid ..small amounts?
Old 2nd November 2007, 07:59   #20

hi guys

Thanks to all of you for the advice. Finally yesterday i got my vehicle with valve stem seal and rings changed. Today when i start in the morning there is no smoke. It cost me around Rs.5000 with oil service. Also engine noise reduces and greater pickup.

bye
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvinod View Post
hi guys

Thanks to all of you for the advice. Finally yesterday i got my vehicle with valve stem seal and rings changed. Today when i start in the morning there is no smoke. It cost me around Rs.5000 with oil service. Also engine noise reduces and greater pickup.

bye
Can you please give some detail e.g. how much KM car has run and what was the reason behind this fault?
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:18   #22
BHPian

Smoke which is basically the visible products of cumbustion is due to poor combustion.
Now if your car emmits bluish OR white smoke during cold star, it could be caused by burning of lubricating oil, but this is only during cold start and its normal. Also if lubricating oil flows past ur piston rings, it results in blue-white smoke, so if u car emmits blue-white smoke other than cold-starting, indicates the piston rings are worn out.
Again quality of fuel affects the white smoke produced in an engine during cold start.
Incase of black smoke, its simply because of improper air-fuel ratio, black smoke increases when the load is increased and the avilable air is depleted.
Old 3rd November 2007, 19:13   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Can you please give some detail e.g. how much KM car has run and what was the reason behind this fault?
My car runs 85000 km. I am the second owner. Mechanic told that smoke is due to no proper oil service regularly.
Old 4th November 2007, 02:42   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolader View Post
Smoke which is basically the visible products of cumbustion is due to poor combustion.
Now if your car emmits bluish OR white smoke during cold star, it could be caused by burning of lubricating oil, but this is only during cold start and its normal. Also if lubricating oil flows past ur piston rings, it results in blue-white smoke, so if u car emmits blue-white smoke other than cold-starting, indicates the piston rings are worn out.
Again quality of fuel affects the white smoke produced in an engine during cold start.
Incase of black smoke, its simply because of improper air-fuel ratio, black smoke increases when the load is increased and the avilable air is depleted.
Noticed that fro a 800 recently when it challenged me on a road race! Ofcourse i was not interested.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks