Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 02:51   #16
BHPian

Hi Highnoon , my fuelpump was swapped at a HASS during a routine and i learnt it the hard way when i got stuck in the middle of peak hour traffic , anyways i would suggest you to be personally present when getting it replaced or better still get it replaced outside its easily available outside ( opera house).
I got mine replaced at a MASS and it was Rs 6600 for the fuel pump + labor last year. Avoid Sharayu Navi mumbai they are a bunch of crooks.
Old 1st July 2009, 19:56   #17
BHPian

Have got a fuel pump motor ( OE HYUNDAI , mafg. India ) and shall install that with a new relay instead of the whole assembly. Cost Rs.1250/ motor + Rs.150 / relay + labour.
The assembly cost Rs.6500 / OE and Rs.2650/ for the taiwan sub.
PASSED THAT and shall go for the motor only.
Also anybody has idea whether GATES is manufacturing thr timing belts for Hyundai accent now. can anyone confirm this ?
Its called POWERGRIP and the maker is ' GATES UNITTA INDIA CO. PVT. LTD' SRIPERUMBUDUR , TAMIL NADU

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 1st July 2009 at 19:58.
Old 1st July 2009, 20:07   #18
BHPian

@ spookey;

i had visited Thane Hyundai A.S.S. for changing the 'O' RINGS on my injectors.
Car was wonderfully tuned before that but there was a little leakage on one of the injector. Cost me Rs.800 / incl taxes & lab.
Anyway i had to change one injector a few days later , cost me Rs.400/- at Koliwada for the full injector. And i paid Rs.180/ per 'O' ring only.
When i took the delivery the car started acting up.
It so happened that my coil was changed. Had to buy a new coil from Opera House.
NEVER EVER AGAIN TO AN HASS.
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:54   #19
BHPian

I reckon we all learn it the hard way not to give our cars to the authorised cheating centres . Highnoon it is advisable to change the entire assembly not just the motor , i had first changed the motor but it conked off soon ultimately i had to go for the new assembly. The difference in the cost is worth the peace of mind

offtopic: i got my fan belt and silencer muffler replaced today for Rs 562 & Rs 2500 + taxes & Labour. how much did you pay for the coil ?
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:44   #20
BHPian

@ spookey,
The assembly consists of the motor , filters & a relay for the motor.
The filters dont really spoil not atleast if you are filling from reputed pumps only which i do. Mostly lot of fake motors are available for after fit , dont last a few months too. Also the crucial factor the relay is ususally not changed which also causes failure of the motor.
so in almost most cases just the motor change is enough.
The company charges you a bomb for everything so it is only in their interest to not to undertake the relatively more laborious process of servicing the assembly.
So the general perception is encouraged to change the assembly.
But of course in case your filters are breached then the contraption would fail.
BTW i was charged Rs.6000/- for the muffler ( supposedly OE quality with a 5 yr warranty ) some manufacturer in MALAD W called perfect ) Another example of not verifying rates on my part and leaving the car with my LPG fitter for the work .
Its the same everywhere. Nature of the beast really. whether A.S.S or your regular mechanic. Cant trust themon principle.
One needs to understand the work first - both diagnostic and solution and then oversee the work after procuring the correct parts yourself. Thats the key.
Mechanical line is such where line can be bent freely on either side.
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:47   #21
BHPian

[quote=spookey;1368286]
Rs.1750 / for the coil DENSO make. Rs.125/- labour

I think DENSO / MOBIS / VALEO are the OEM for Hyundai , though lot more spares are being manufactured in India now namely in TAMILNADU
Old 8th August 2009, 21:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
Hi Highnoon , my fuelpump was swapped at a HASS during a routine and i learnt it the hard way when i got stuck in the middle of peak hour traffic , anyways i would suggest you to be personally present when getting it replaced or better still get it replaced outside its easily available outside ( opera house).
I got mine replaced at a MASS and it was Rs 6600 for the fuel pump + labor last year. Avoid Sharayu Navi mumbai they are a bunch of crooks.
Hi Spookey not only sharayu but all HASS are not only crooks but bunch of JOKERS with limited or maybe just passable knowledge about their own product. If we are facing this poor and shabby inexperienced feedback for a resanable value cars like Accent, Santro,imagine the fate of customers with high end product of Huendai viz. Terracan, Sonata etc and add fuel to fire customers with less or no knowledge about cars and the service to be expected from HASS. I heard about a guy who has a Terracan has spent around 158000/- for a reasonalble service with some mechanical job,still the vehicle is nothing outstanding in running
Old 8th August 2009, 21:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
My accent was almost 50000km done................The cars which i saw with the fuel pump problems were mostly old cars........And about the logic of comparing the tyres getting puncture to fuel pumps.............I have seen many cars of different make getting puncture.........but i have seen only hyundai cars with fuel pump problems.........so thats my observation....... ;-)
The only car that is notorious for fuel pump problems is the ikon (and maybe it's big brother mondeo). However I have owned various cars from different manufacturers over the past 17 years (including 2 ikons) and have never faced a fuel pump problem. Hyundais are as good as it get when it comes to reliability.
Old 9th August 2009, 23:39   #24
BHPian

[quote=Astleviz;1422670]The only car that is notorious for fuel pump problems is the ikon (and maybe it's big brother mondeo). However I have owned various cars from different manufacturers over the past 17 years (including 2 ikons) and have never faced a fuel pump problem. Hyundais are as good as it get when it comes to reliability.[/quot

A bosch replacement motor was available at Opera house for 2500 INR , it has a diphragm shipped with it. Have replaced the old motor in the assmebly successfully. Original hyundai motor is available in market for Rs.1250 / but it fits the santro assembly and i couldnt fit it in accent because of incorrect dimensions. Two more bosch models are available one chinese made and another german made. These are cheaper but have lower throw speed so are not optimized for cars like accent , ikon, honda city etc.
Hyundai is as good as it gets as far as build quality is concerned but loses out to Suzuki for the lack of counter sale after warranty. Another issue is the lower fuel economy across entire range as compared to the competition .
I just love the accent but realize that the H.A.S.S. is way to expensive and the parts available in local market are not as good as the original ware.
My every experience with the service centres has been unsatisfactory and the issues have been left unresolved and sometimes even amplified.
Its my only grouse against Hyundai . PLease open a counter sale.
Old 20th May 2011, 19:27   #25
BHPian

Re: Fuel pump issue in my Accent

The Accent GLS (1.6) back home has developed issues with fuel pump. After running for about 150 kms, the engine shuts off after starving. This happens when driven on ghats. *** has attributed the problem to the fuel pump. They said it can run for another 6 months and then it may be replaced. The cost involved is 6200 plus labour.

It is a 2003 model that has clocked 50 k kms.

Can someone share the part no, manufacturer name etc of Accent's fuel pump so that i can get it from outside ASS?
Old 20th May 2011, 20:31   #26
BHPian

If you are getting it done from outside *** then you need not change the whole fuel pp assembly. My chap in Mumbai removed the fuel pp assy ,then slowly took it apart and replaced just the bare motor. Cost me Rs 1100 about 2 years back for the part. So maybe that is one solution since most of the times it's the motor within the pp asy which is the problem. Part number .. well i don't have now but any dealer can give you the motor .

hope this helps

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
The Accent GLS (1.6) back home has developed issues with fuel pump. After running for about 150 kms, the engine shuts off after starving. This happens when driven on ghats. *** has attributed the problem to the fuel pump. They said it can run for another 6 months and then it may be replaced. The cost involved is 6200 plus labour.

It is a 2003 model that has clocked 50 k kms.

Can someone share the part no, manufacturer name etc of Accent's fuel pump so that i can get it from outside ASS?
darthvader5000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2011, 00:40   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
Hi all,
Latest casualty on my acccent 1.5 is the fuel pump. I have done 53700km but the manufacturing yr. is 2002. That ll make it 7 yr old this dec. And had converted to LPG couple of yrs back.
So i guess that ought to give Hyundai benefit of doubt as far the failure of the pump is concerned.
Anyway , how much does it cost ? does anybody have a clue here in Mumbai ? I ll have it fixed out of H.A.S.S.
thanks
The fuel pump should cost you somewhere around Rs 6-8000
Old 26th May 2011, 17:07   #28
BHPian

Just to add a small bit from my side.

I got a bosch motor replaced in my Accent fuel pump. In mumbai it costed me 1400/1600 (Dont remember exact value)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks