Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:26   #1
BHPian

Fuel pump issue in my Accent

Hi All,
I was having a second hand Hyundai accent 2001 model for 1.5 years and in that period the fuel pump stopped working twice. Once i was going to my native place and we got stuck in the middle of the road. Luckily my cousin brother who is a mechanic opened the fuel pump, the problem was a lot of carbon was deposited thats why no electric current was passing to fuel pump.he just cleaned the pump and the car started.
I work in lower parel mumbai and i saw twice once a Hyundai santro and other time a Hyundai accent stopped working at the same place(near icici atm-opp kamala mills).When i went to notice i saw the mechanic with the fuel pump in his hand.

So the conclusion is that there is some fault with the fuel pumps of hyundai cars..........
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:27   #2
BHPian

Well 3 cars does not represent the entire Hyundai lot. So I do not agree on this.

In your case, it was carbon deposite and contacts were cleaned.
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Carbon on the contact terminals are a common probem of all the working electricals in the car,the same thing happened with my OHC,my Ikon and my little zen many of times,so just keep a check on it regularly as a part of maintainence...

Hyundai are one of the good car makers
Old 3rd November 2007, 18:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
Hi All,
So the conclusion is that there is some fault with the fuel pumps of hyundai cars..........
Sorry cant agree with you on this.
I have a santro (March 2003) Driven 90 thousand kilometres.
till date no fuel pump problems.
I have changed brake pads once at 50k kms, No clutch problems till date, second set of tyres, second battery.
The car was under extended warranty ( 2+2 years)
So Hyundai cars come with excellent quality.
Old 7th November 2007, 12:45   #5
BHPian

I dont think that Hyundai vehicles have faulty fuel pumps. Carbon deposits can occur and doing de-carbonisation can remove these deposits.
Old 7th November 2007, 13:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
Hi All,
I was having a second hand Hyundai accent 2001 model for 1.5 years and in that period the fuel pump stopped working twice. Once i was going to my native place and we got stuck in the middle of the road. Luckily my cousin brother who is a mechanic opened the fuel pump, the problem was a lot of carbon was deposited thats why no electric current was passing to fuel pump.he just cleaned the pump and the car started.
I work in lower parel mumbai and i saw twice once a Hyundai santro and other time a Hyundai accent stopped working at the same place(near icici atm-opp kamala mills).When i went to notice i saw the mechanic with the fuel pump in his hand.

What mileage had the cars done..It is a claimed problem after 80K kms in the Accent CRDis..
Old 7th November 2007, 13:24   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Nope i have never seen such issues with any of the hyundai cars i have owned or i have seen.
Old 7th November 2007, 13:28   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think you can reach a conclusion like that based on your experience.
By your story, 3 cars (one your own and 2 you saw) had a fuel pump problem. How can you make a statement saying that there is a fault with the fuel pumps of Hyundai cars?

On four different instances I saw punctured cars with Goodyear Tyres. Should I come to a conclusion that there is a problem with all Goodyear tyres?
Old 7th November 2007, 13:33   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Hyundai are one of the good car makers
That was a good one Ramie.
Old 7th November 2007, 14:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

On four different instances I saw punctured cars with Goodyear Tyres. Should I come to a conclusion that there is a problem with all Goodyear tyres?
This is a classic!!
Old 7th November 2007, 14:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

Swapnil..
How many kms has your Accent done?
Quote:
Sam u are just too much .!!!
Old 7th November 2007, 14:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Howlarious is the word for you..

Quote:
Old 7th November 2007, 18:13   #13
BHPian

My accent was almost 50000km done................The cars which i saw with the fuel pump problems were mostly old cars........And about the logic of comparing the tyres getting puncture to fuel pumps.............I have seen many cars of different make getting puncture.........but i have seen only hyundai cars with fuel pump problems.........so thats my observation....... ;-)
Old 8th November 2007, 02:41   #14
BANNED

off topic - does the hyundai accent have a problem with springs in the door handles?

i've seen this in quite a few, and happened to my 1 yr 4 months old accent recently, there is a spring in the door handle. when it breaks it becomes loose(not very loose, but ya loose)
Old 29th June 2009, 09:40   #15
BHPian

Hi all,
Latest casualty on my acccent 1.5 is the fuel pump. I have done 53700km but the manufacturing yr. is 2002. That ll make it 7 yr old this dec. And had converted to LPG couple of yrs back.
So i guess that ought to give Hyundai benefit of doubt as far the failure of the pump is concerned.
Anyway , how much does it cost ? does anybody have a clue here in Mumbai ? I ll have it fixed out of H.A.S.S.
thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks