Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 07:24   #46
BHPian

I know development cost s count big time . I do know that Jeremy clarkson has started praising Diesels , and i do know that the latest generation diesels abroad are kick *** , but i will only start listening when the F1 or WRC cars start to run diesel engines.
sorry but thats how i feel.
Old 8th February 2008, 08:40   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
I know development cost s count big time . I do know that Jeremy clarkson has started praising Diesels , and i do know that the latest generation diesels abroad are kick *** , but i will only start listening when the F1 or WRC cars start to run diesel engines.
FI or WRC cars will never run diesel for the simple fact that car racing is all about power than anything else. They give a damn about engine life or fuel efficiency. You can't buy a car based on what happen's in F1 then you would have to replace the engine of the car every 1000 KMs and tyre of the car every 200 KMs.
Old 8th February 2008, 08:45   #48
rippergeo

Quote:
F1 will never go diesel. there are too many regulations to be changed and re started. WRC- same thing. how will you let cars running different fuels compete against each other?

the only thing stopping diesels now is the mindset and the old established ways of motorsports.

Old 8th February 2008, 09:06   #49
BHPian

Maybe not F1, but the most dominant car in the 24 Hours of Lemans endurance race is a Diesel, an Audi R10 with a v12 TDi.
Other manufacturers are jumping in; Peugeot are pitting their HDi diesel in the same race.
With their mileage advantage and high torque, it's not impossible to see them in the F1 too.
Old 8th February 2008, 09:16   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here is the Le Mans TDi

ITs no small race, and winning it is a big thing
Old 8th February 2008, 16:58   #51
BHPian

I know they are in Le man man. If Jeremy was impressed by diesels thats a very big thing and a major victory for diesels especially since they are faster than than their petrol counter parts but thats abroad buddy . The foreign diesel fuel is also way superior to indian diesel.
F1 and WRC will be on bio fuel long before diesel , i say

Last edited by cyneverdie : 8th February 2008 at 17:03.
Old 8th February 2008, 17:08   #52
BHPian

My accent CRdi has clocked close to 1 lakh, i've never experienced any trouble with its power or timing belts..
Old 8th February 2008, 17:23   #53
BHPian

and guys forgot to mention , i drove my friends 2 nd hand VW Toureg yesterday. rs 8 000 000 = 80 lakhs for a 2nd hand V10 twin turbo , by faar the BEST diesel i have driven , what a car its out standing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks