Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2006, 18:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Out of the polishes that we have used for my dad's car, I have to say Meguiar's is certainly the best. It gives a show-car like gloss and shine, which lasts very long.

We also use a tyre-spray which gets the tyre walls all new-looking. Trust me, this infinitely increases the car's appeal. Just have clean-and-new looking tyres, and the car is many times better looking.
Old 6th July 2006, 23:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
I would suggest either Turtle Wax or Formula One or Eagle products. They are the best. I've tried using Amway car shampoos but found them useless. No foam at all.
Hi v12, You can't brand a shampoo useless just because it doesn't foam. There are many cleaning agent that do an execellent job without foaming. But I am sure the product may not given you the desired results for you to make that statement.

So long....
Old 7th July 2006, 00:14   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Hi v12, You can't brand a shampoo useless just because it doesn't foam. There are many cleaning agent that do an execellent job without foaming. But I am sure the product may not given you the desired results for you to make that statement.

So long....
i agree with varunroy but amway
Old 7th July 2006, 02:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
waxpol is quite good, but one of the best poilshes are from turtle wax.
for all your plastics/ art leather/ dashboard you can use "Son of a Gun". This is a very nice product and really gives a nice clean look.
I agree with adit1329. Waxpol is pretty good. Its been in the indian market for quite a long time. I have seen my older generation use it.

Waxpol offers both solid and liquid polish. I do the hard wax polish every year before the rains and it form a protective layer over the paint. Hard wax polishing requires a lot of musle power to wipe off after applying it, and its worth it.

Any hard wax polish applied requires a lot of effort but the shine can be recovered after wiping the surface.

I have observed that any polish which can be applied without much effort gives an instant shine but wears out in the next day.
Any hard wax polish applied requires a lot of effort but the shine can be recovered by wiping the surface.

Last edited by Real_man : 7th July 2006 at 02:45.
Old 7th July 2006, 15:22   #35
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_man
I agree with adit1329. Waxpol is pretty good. Its been in the indian market for quite a long time. I have seen my older generation use it.

Waxpol offers both solid and liquid polish. I do the hard wax polish every year before the rains and it form a protective layer over the paint. Hard wax polishing requires a lot of musle power to wipe off after applying it, and its worth it.
The problem with hard wax is that when you use it on a white car it sort of changes the tint of the surface. The liquid one is Silicon based and that provides some UV protection too.

So long....
Old 18th July 2006, 17:36   #36

Hi Ravi,

Polish is one which removes the oxidation layer on the paint & rejuvenates the original gloss. Try this product of EAGLE ONE " WET POLIST & WAX" THIS IS AVAILIABLE THROUGH OUT INDIA BY www.valvolinecummins.com. This product application is very easy. Use this one every 45 days, your car will look new.

vijay.
Bangalore
Old 18th July 2006, 18:13   #37

Hi, 150 bucks for Carnauba is Good. Get EAGLE ONE "CARNAUBA CLEANER WAX" 200 ML FOR MRP 165.00. THIS IS GOOD OR GET EAGLE ONE " WAX AS U DRY" WHICH IS EASY TO USE. WASH THE CAR & WHEN THE WATER IS ALREADY THERE SPRAY THIS PRODUCT AND WIPE THE WATER AWAY. THE CAR GETS WAXED.

VIJAY
Old 19th July 2006, 17:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Formula 1 serves me pretty good for the last 5 years. quite simple, no rubbing required
Old 19th July 2006, 18:57   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

For many years I have used Simoniz, I can vouch for it.
Old 16th July 2009, 00:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari View Post
Somebody - please reply - I have mnade up my mind to buy the polishing product this evening . Which one should I use ?.
Try out Turtle Wax... its supposed to be amongst the best.

Anybody looking for Turtle Wax in Pune can check out the car accessories shop opposite Planet Ford on Paud Road.
Old 16th July 2009, 10:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

i have used formula 1 and formula1 Gold for past 5 years. have also used eagle1 carnauba wax. both are extremely good. then give a very nice and durable coat on the paint.
but its hard to get a original formula1 in pune these days. searched hard and finally settled for MOTOMAX. but didnt find it as impressive as f1.

how is turtle wax as compared to F1. whats the cost?
Old 16th July 2009, 10:34   #42
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Formula 1 serves me pretty good for the last 5 years. quite simple, no rubbing required
Am a loyal fan of F1's Carnauba polish! Been using it since the past 8-9 years. But more recently, have tried out 3M's wax polishes as well.
Old 16th July 2009, 11:31   #43
BHPian

Shouldn't this thread be merged with a similar thread about asthetics - the one started by Rudra???
Old 16th July 2009, 11:33   #44
Team-BHP Support

Thread closed: Please continue here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...esthetics.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks