Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2014, 12:53   #61
BHPian

Re: Huge price drop on Mitsubishi Spare Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Is it only the glass which has shattered? If yes then go to your nearest glass guy and ask him to cut a mirror in the shape of the old glass. Stick it with some double sided tape onto the mirror assy until you get the original part.
I considered this option but I am not sure about how good or effective the plane mirror will be. I think the visibility will be very compromised with a plane mirror. Asked several glass shops for a convex glass but none of them had it.
Old 24th December 2014, 13:06   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post

I considered this option but I am not sure about how good or effective the plane mirror will be. I think the visibility will be very compromised with a plane mirror. Asked several glass shops for a convex glass but none of them had it.
It will be about 85-90% view as the original. I'm doing the same for the driver mirror for my Palio, 85-90% is better than nothing anyway.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 13:26   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
It will be about 85-90% view as the original. I'm doing the same for the driver mirror for my Palio, 85-90% is better than nothing anyway.
True that.
I will get a plane mirror then so that the car can be used on regular basis.
Poor thing has been lying in the parking as I/dad are not willing to take the risk of driving her without the ORVM.
Old 24th December 2014, 14:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all.
Last month our Cedia Sports ended up with a broken Sub-mirror (i.e. the casing of the ORVM is intact, only the mirror is gone). I was told by the Mitsubishi dealer that the sub-mirror is available separately which was ordered by the dealer next day. It has been almost a month and the sub-mirror has not arrived.
I would like to know that is the sub-mirror actually available as an OEM accessory, asking because I have not come across any spare parts list which states that it is available.
Also, is there any other source of getting the genuine Mitsubishi mirror other than the Mitsubishi dealer?
I am desparate to get the mirror ASAP as the car is lying unused just because of unavailability of the Mirror
Yes only the mirror is available as an OEM part. I had mine changed in 2011. The cost then was 931 rupees.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 24th December 2014 at 14:39.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 14:56   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Yes only the mirror is available as an OEM part. I had mine changed in 2011. The cost then was 931 rupees.
Your words are a huge relief sir as I was not sure about its availability and I don't have enough trust on the dealer.
I have been told that it will cost ~1300.
Just hoping that I get the mirror soon.
Old 3rd January 2015, 01:37   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your words are a huge relief sir as I was not sure about its availability and I don't have enough trust on the dealer.
I have been told that it will cost ~1300.
Just hoping that I get the mirror soon.
If you want something ASAP, Then order it from here-
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/spee...side/766685563

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks