Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 17:55   #31
BHPian

Sluggish car : Related problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
2) The car feels heavier than before - needs more accelerator to reach the same speeds. This is especially noticeable on gears 2 and 3. On the 2nd and 3th gears especially, feels like something is "stopping" or "pulling back" the car.
Hi folks,

I am reposting on this thread because somehow I feel my new problem might be related to the old one.

As some of you may remember, the MUL dealer changed my gear lever assembly and after that my problems went away. Yes, as I mentioned before, the car felt sluggish, but they retuned the engine and it was fine. Mileage was not affected - giving me 14.5 kmpl, mixed traffic conditions with the AC on all the time.

Today, however, when driving back home, I suddenly found the car suddenly go sluggish. The AC was on and only two people in the car (including me) and it felt like there were 15 people on board. Accelerator pedal felt very heavy. Stopped the AC, a little less sluggish, but still very sluggish. Pulled over. Stopped engine. Restarted engine after around 30 seconds and came back home driving slowly, but still sluggish. Could this be related?

Last edited by johy : 25th March 2008 at 17:59.
Old 25th March 2008, 18:29   #32
Team-BHP Support

I would suggest you do a good tune up job, air filter, fuel filter, plugs and check the throttle body. This should fix the issue.
Old 25th March 2008, 19:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

WagonRs generally have slugglish gear box and it is commented by 90% of the owners. Most of gear related issues are handled by the dealer workshop directly. I remember my issue was not properly attended by the Nexus service centre in bangalore, they asked me to leave the car with them, so that they can take it to the RNS (dealer) workshop. Which means, dealer workshops are equipped with trouble shooting and solving facilities.

New generation WagonR has minor issues compared to the Euro II batches as I understand from my dealer service executive. I had very bad gear issue for the first 6 months of usage. Shifting from 1st to 2nd and 4th to 5th and reverse used to be a real pain for the shoulders. Although I was supposed to do some major gear box repairs at the dealer, I never got time, so left it as it is. Now after 1 year of usage (only 3800 kms so far), gear issue seems to be gone by itself.

As Jaggu suggested, please execute the tuning, cleaning and checking of engine, air filter, fuel filter etc. Please update after that, curiously waiting to hear the progress.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks