Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

For people considering touchups, can continue here
Old 28th February 2008, 05:29   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
Can you elaborate? Reflection is , okay but Refraction/TIR? In that case the effect should be the same for whatever colour underneath, right?
Hi Aravindwarrier,

I did not really approach the answer in a scientific way, all i though of was that if you take a thin sheet of acrylic / plexiglass (this will be the "clear coat"), and dig a scratch into it, then place it on a white peice of paper (your colored paint) one edge of the scratch will appear darker.
If you place the same peice of acrylic on a dark color, one edge of the scratch will pick up light and appear lighter.

Hence, disproving that it had something to do with the primer / body color etc (atleast in the case of surface scratches -- ones that do not dig much deeper than the clear coat).

I hope that makes sense, and that i am not mistaken!

cya
R
Old 28th February 2008, 07:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But a silver car is still the easiest to maintain. I can tell you that from experience.....it responds the best to a wax job in getting rid of scratches and marks.
i completely agree on this discovered this on my swift, i have over a dozen scratches and i have waxed and polished it and they have either disappeared or barely visible. just for the reason that base coat is close to the paint.

its like this, there is a primary school, very close to my place and once and only once by sheer mistake i happen to park the car outside the house at around 3pm and when i come back to go out in a hour it was sweetly decorated with scratches and flowers, sun flowers actually!
Old 28th February 2008, 09:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But a silver car is still the easiest to maintain. I can tell you that from experience.....it responds the best to a wax job in getting rid of scratches and marks.
I second that.
One small problem though, the body scratches are ok but the bumper scratches are visible. I guess, I will wait for some more to happen and then get it repainted. What the heck, the first scratch hurts bad, then you get used to the all the scratching and even stop looking who is scratching or has scratched. No pun ( or rather fun) intended , though if you intend to, please feel free to take it so.

Last edited by Swaroop77 : 28th February 2008 at 09:45. Reason: corrected

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks