Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 11:18   #1
BHPian

palio 1.2 nv low fuel effeciency (under warranty) 12k kms done

off late my car - palio 1.2 nv (under warranty)is giving an average of 8 to 9 kmpl in city and 10 kmpl on highway.

earlier i was getting an average of 11 kmpl in city and 14 on the highway.i got the the engine flushed (used OWS engine flush) and added OWS engine protectant. eversince the mileage dropped. last week i got the water pump replaced and the mechanics removed both the wires from the battery, i guess this reset the ecu.
got the car hooked up with ecu analyser but no error popped up. the only significant observation was the 'lambda sensor'movement, which was varying between the designated bars on the examiner's screen.
i use extra premium petrol. there are no leakages in the fuel line,

guys please help!!
Old 12th March 2008, 11:44   #2
BHPian

Try wheel balancing & alignment, clean spark plugs, clean the fuel injectors, check air & fuel filter.
Old 12th March 2008, 11:49   #3
BHPian

since mycar is under warranty, would i be charged for getting injectors cleaned
Old 12th March 2008, 12:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
I think they should not charge you for this.
Old 12th March 2008, 13:39   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I think they should not charge you for this.
Fuel Injector cleaning is a service and not covered under warranty. Therefore, you will be charged for it.
Old 13th March 2008, 09:31   #6
BHPian

hI

Would it make any difference if you reset the ECU by disconnecting the wires from the battery?

Thanks

Amit
Old 13th March 2008, 10:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

Is the car knocking or missing a beat say? You can tell this by seeing if the idle is smooth. Mileage cannot and should not go down suddenly after the service.
Old 13th March 2008, 10:33   #8
BHPian

get the ignition coils checked, thats is the no.1 culprit for low mileage in FIAT cars, if you can get it replaced that will be best...

FIAT, always.....
Old 13th March 2008, 10:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai charges for it even if the car is under warranty. It should be a chargeable item for others aswell as it is an extra service.
Old 13th March 2008, 10:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Is the car knocking or missing a beat say? You can tell this by seeing if the idle is smooth. Mileage cannot and should not go down suddenly after the service.
yes there are sudden jerks when the car is idling.
Old 13th March 2008, 15:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes there are sudden jerks when the car is idling.
1. Get the injectors cleaned.
2. Check the high tension wires that connect to spark plugs.
3. Check spark plugs for signs of optimum combustion
4. Get the throttle body cleaned.
5. Get the coil that supplies the spark checked.

Please let us know if this solves the problem.
Old 13th March 2008, 22:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Have you done anything else other than an engine flush?
Old 14th March 2008, 01:50   #13

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Actually you dont need to do anything.Just switch to regular octane and dont use xtra premium,Your mileage will increase.
Old 14th March 2008, 10:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

and also since you are on the check for the mileage please ensure that the tyre pressures are optimal levels, My swift(diesel) gave me 13kmpl for the first few tanks full of fuel then i i realized the culprit was the tyre pressures and when i put on the optimal pressure i am now having a whopping increase of 3kmpl say 16kmpl now, that can turn out to be culprit sometimes just my thoughts.

EDIT: those FE figures are under city conditions and with sedate driving.

Last edited by rider60 : 14th March 2008 at 10:17.
Old 14th March 2008, 12:59   #15
BHPian

thanks guys for the inputs. i maintain tyre presuure at 30 psi (all four).will be going to the workshop on the 25th. hind motors (tata fiat dealer at chandigarh) doesn't have the ecu analyser in working condition. they say by monday they will receive all the codes from the fiat to get the examiner working.

also i would like to flag my problems with the car, dealer and fiat, eversince i made the purchase.

the series of e mails is appended below for your reference: please give your inputs/comments. i am thinking of requesting fiat to increase my warrant period by one year keeping in mind the frequence of malfunctions that keep popping up!!

here are the emails:

Date: Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Subject: FW: Negligence and sub standard service for Fiat cars at Hind Mot ors - Chandigarh
To: kapilsharma80@gmail.com
Cc: anbros@sify.com

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Dear Sir,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Thanks you for your communication & this has reference to the telecom we had on subject, We are extremely sorry to note on the concern mentioned, during telecom you have conveyed that presently you are facing complaint on engine noise & the issue of local duplicate key given by Hind Motors Chandighar, you have also conveyed that you are getting your car services done at Fiat dealer Anbros Motors Chandighar.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]We have coordinated the matter on top most priority with Anbros Motors Chandighar & necessary back up is render to ensure that your car is attended to your satisfaction, Mr.Kuldeep workshop in charge on Anbros Motors will personally coordinate with you, be rest assures Fiat is always there with its valued customers.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]We are once again sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Thanking you & assuring you of our best services at all times.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]With warm regards,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Mangesh Kodalkar[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Manager[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Customer Services [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Fiat India Automobiles Pvt.Ltd[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]B-19 Ranjangaon[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]MIDC Industrial Area[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Ranjangaon Taluka Shirur[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]District Pune 412210[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]India[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Tel +91 2138 672764[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Fax +91 2138 672810[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]CC: Anbros Motors Chandighar: Mr.Kuldeep=Workshop Incharge= Ref to the teleocm had on subject,pelase cooridante on priority & confirm , also please let us know if any back up required in case of parts supply.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]From: Kapil Sharma [mailto:[COLOR=#0000ff]kapilsharma80@gmail.com[/COLOR]] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 12:49 PM[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]To: mauris.d'[COLOR=#0000ff]lima@fiat.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Cc: [COLOR=#0000ff]rajeev.kapoor@fiat.com[/COLOR]; [COLOR=#0000ff]gm@hindmotors.in[/COLOR]; BHATNAGAR AJAY[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Subject: Negligence and sub standard service for Fiat cars at Hind Motors - Chandigarh[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] Dear Mr Mauris,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]This is further to my mail appended below, which was posted on 'Fiat - India' website a couple of months back.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]I must say that things haven't changed even after my repeated requests and reminders. I would like to inform you that hind motors is offering a sub standard service for fiat cars, the dealership is actually killing the 'BRAND - FIAT'. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]To reiterate, i was given only one original key(without the serial no. that keys usually have on a thin metal sheet) when i purchased the car from Hind Motors at Chandigarh in June 2007. When i requested for the second key i was handed over a cheap aftermarket thing which refuses to enter the lock sets of the car. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]It's almost seven months now that i am driving with one key.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Would request you to kindly direct Hind Motors to get my lock sets changed at your earliest convenience as i see no other option.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]There are other issues also which have been listed in the mail below and i would be obliged in case they are also looked into.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]In case you are not the right person for my query i would request you to kindly forward it to the concerned person. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Thank you & regards[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Kapil Sharma[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]-----------------------------------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] I am happy about my purchase of a Fiat product due to the high quality of the product and goodwill of the manufacturer. The purchase process was not an experience I anticipated. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]I bought a Palio 1.2 NV EL from Hind Motors at Chandigarh in June 2007.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]To my horror and utmost displeasure, I understood the delivery and service of the vehicle was not transparent. The car was not run through a pre delivery check and is still missing some critical parts. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]The car was missing a relay switch for low and high beam.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]The car is missing the switch for left passenger door, which turns on the cabin light.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Also, there is an inherent problem with the water pump.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]I was only given one original key and was told that the other one would come from the company. After rigorous follow ups with Hind Motors I was told that they'll get a duplicate key made from the market. Well I got one, which is a cheap copy of the original and I actually have to fiddle with it to put it inside the lock sets. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]I also came to understand that your salespeople were not trained fully on the Sales, Service and warranty terms. I got conflicting versions from different sales people. Fiat should ensure that dealer sales force is trained regularly on the value added benefits. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Hind Motors does not have proper trained mechanics in their workshop. They even don't have an ECU Analyser/examiner in working condition and I wonder how can they rectify problems in the car. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]I have a problem with a 'Pressure Sensor and ignition coil (I got my car checked at an Authorised Fiat service station at Delhi last month during a visit) but the people at Hind Motors have no clue as to how to sort out the problem. Since my car is under warranty, it's my humblest request to get the Pressure sensor replaced. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Buyers are treated like motorcycle buyers and taken for a ride. Buyers are misled to make sales and there is no proper after sales service provided. This attitude must cease to exist if Fiat wants to retain its goodwill. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]I am not sure whether Fiat is truly worried about these issues or just worried about sales of their products. Incase, they are, they must regulate their dealers by asking them to be transparent while selling and should inform the buyer about after sales support. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]My purchase might just be a small contribution to Fiat. If these issues are resolved, it shall make a big difference to customer attitude to your company and dealers. [/SIZE][/FONT]
-----------------------------------

heres another response to my email to tata motors:

From: TATA Service Works Manager <tataservicewm@hindmotors.in>
Date: Mon, Feb 4, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Subject: Re: Negligence and sub standard service for Fiat cars at Hind Motors - Chandigarh
To: kapilsharma80@gmail.com

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sir,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2] This is with the reference to your visit at our setup on dated 02/02/2008. The vehicle was cheked but due to shortage of time at your end. told us that you will visit on Monday (04/02/2008), but you have not come. Kindly visit as early as possible.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Thanks & Regards,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Pradeep Kedee [/SIZE][/FONT]
----- Original Message -----
From: [COLOR=#0000ff]saket.chatrath@tatamotors.com[/COLOR]
To: [COLOR=#0000ff]hindmotors@rediffmail.com[/COLOR] ; [COLOR=#0000ff]tataservicewm@hindmotors.in[/COLOR] ; [COLOR=#0000ff]tataservicecrm@hindmotors.in[/COLOR] ; [COLOR=#0000ff]tataservicecro@hindmotors.in[/COLOR]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:07 PM
Subject: FW: Negligence and sub standard service for Fiat cars at Hind Motors - Chandigarh

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dear Pradeep[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Kindly contact the customer and resolve the issue urgently.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Regards[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Saket Chatrath[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]PCBU-Chandigarh[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]From:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma] JAIN RAHUL [ Asstt Product Manager (Fiat JV - North) , Mumbai PCBU , New Delhi-RO ]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:35 PM
To: KHANNA VAIBHAV [ Assistant Manager(Fiat Reg Coordination) , Mumbai PCBU , New Delhi-RO ]
Cc: ARORA MANOJ [ Territory Manager , Mumbai PCBU , Chandigarh ] ; CHATRATH SAKET [ Manager (Customer Support) , Mumbai PCBU , Chandigarh ]
Subject: FW: Negligence and sub standard service for Fiat cars at Hind Motors - Chandigarh
Importance: High[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][FONT=Arial]pls. take up this issue and arrange to resolve the issue.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]From:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma] TOTLA A M [ Asst General Manager(Fiat Product Group) , Mumbai PCBU , Mumbai ]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:31 PM
To: JAIN RAHUL [ Asstt Product Manager (Fiat JV - North) , Mumbai PCBU , New Delhi-RO ]
Cc: GUPTA J H [ Regional Manager (PCBU) - North , Mumbai PCBU , New Delhi-RO ]
Subject: FW: Negligence and sub standard service for Fiat cars at Hind Motors - Chandigarh[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][FONT=Arial]Pls revert[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]From:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma] WALTER RICKY [mailto:[COLOR=#0000ff]Ricky.WALTER@fiat.com[/COLOR]]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:28 PM
To: TOTLA A M [ Asst General Manager(Fiat Product Group) , Mumbai PCBU , Mumbai ]
Subject: FW: Negligence and sub standard service for Fiat cars at Hind Motors - Chandigarh[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][FONT=Arial]For your needful pl.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]From:[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma] D'LIMA MARIUS
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:45 PM
To: WALTER RICKY

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][FONT=Arial]for your doing the needful, pl.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]-----Original Message-----
From: Kapil Sharma [mailto:[COLOR=#0000ff]kapilsharma80@gmail.com[/COLOR]]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 12:55 PM
To: D'LIMA MARIUS
Subject: Negligence and sub standard service for Fiat cars at Hind Motors - Chandigarh[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] Dear Mr Mauris,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]This is further to my mail appended below, which was posted on 'Fiat - India' website a couple of months back.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I must say that things haven't changed even after my repeated requests and reminders. I would like to inform you that hind motors is offering a sub standard service for fiat cars, the dealership is actually killing the 'BRAND - FIAT'. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]To reiterate, i was given only one original key(without the serial no. that keys usually have on a thin metal sheet) when i purchased the car from Hind Motors at Chandigarh in June 2007. When i requested for the second key i was handed over a cheap aftermarket thing which refuses to enter the lock sets of the car. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]It's almost seven months now that i am driving with one key.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Would request you to kindly direct Hind Motors to get my lock sets changed at your earliest convenience as i see no other option.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]There are other issues also which have been listed in the mail below and i would be obliged in case they are also looked into.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]In case you are not the right person for my query i would request you to kindly forward it to the concerned person. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Thank you & regards[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Kapil Sharma[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]CII[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Sector 31 A[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Chandigarh[/SIZE][/FONT] 160030

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Mobile[/SIZE][/FONT]: 9815311084

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] [COLOR=black][COLOR=black]I am happy about my purchase of a Fiat product due to the high quality of the product and goodwill of the manufacturer. The purchase process was not an experience I anticipated. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]I bought a Palio 1.2 NV EL from Hind Motors at Chandigarh in June 2007.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]
To my horror and utmost displeasure, I understood the delivery and service of the vehicle was not transparent. The car was not run through a pre delivery check and is still missing some critical parts. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]The car was missing a relay switch for low and high beam.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]The car is missing the switch for left passenger door, which turns on the cabin light.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Also, there is an inherent problem with the water pump.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]I was only given one original key and was told that the other one would come from the company. After rigorous follow ups with Hind Motors I was told that they'll get a duplicate key made from the market. Well I got one, which is a cheap copy of the original and I actually have to fiddle with it to put it inside the lock sets. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]I also came to understand that your salespeople were not trained fully on the Sales, Service and warranty terms. I got conflicting versions from different sales people. Fiat should ensure that dealer sales force is trained regularly on the value added benefits. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Hind Motors does not have proper trained mechanics in their workshop. They even don't have an ECU Analyser/examiner in working condition and I wonder how can they rectify problems in the car. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]I have a problem with a 'Pressure Sensor and ignition coil (I got my car checked at an Authorised Fiat service station at Delhi last month during a visit) but the people at Hind Motors have no clue as to how to sort out the problem. Since my car is under warranty, it's my humblest request to get the Pressure sensor replaced.

Buyers are treated like motorcycle buyers and taken for a ride. Buyers are misled to make sales and there is no proper after sales service provided. This attitude must cease to exist if Fiat wants to retain its goodwill.

I am not sure whether Fiat is truly worried about these issues or just worried about sales of their products. Incase, they are, they must regulate their dealers by asking them to be transparent while selling and should inform the buyer about after sales support. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]
My purchase might just be a small contribution to Fiat. If these issues are resolved, it shall make a big difference to customer attitude to your company and dealers. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks