Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 12:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Is there any dealer in Bangalore who do this ? Concord flatly refused saying this is impossible for them to do it.

Hi, i had this doubt that the cooling will be inadiquate sans the overhead in a Lx. Now after having used the Safari Lx for 4 months and 7000kms later i have realised that this doubt in unfounded. The cooling is more than adequate for the front and middle rows while the jump seat area takes a few minutes more to cool down. On the whole no problem at all.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes after about 1 month of usage I found that there is no need of rear AC coil actually , but I feel spending money on a heat reduction film on front wind shield is required weather or not there is a rear AC as the this area is huge and for diving on highways against sun this is one thing which would help in all the cars irrespective of make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselone View Post
Hi, i had this doubt that the cooling will be inadiquate sans the overhead in a Lx. Now after having used the Safari Lx for 4 months and 7000kms later i have realised that this doubt in unfounded. The cooling is more than adequate for the front and middle rows while the jump seat area takes a few minutes more to cool down. On the whole no problem at all.
Old 28th August 2008, 12:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering - would it be possible to relocate the Roof-mounted a/c thing from the B Pillar roof to the C Pillar?

The current space could then be used for 2 10" drop-down DVD screens or something similar.
Old 29th August 2008, 16:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I was wondering - would it be possible to relocate the Roof-mounted a/c thing from the B Pillar roof to the C Pillar?

The current space could then be used for 2 10" drop-down DVD screens or something similar.
Hmmmmm ... thats a good idea technically, but since many safari's are chauffeur driven instant cooling of the middle row is also a important requirement. The centrally mounted roof blower can be split in two units running along the edges of the roof. That way the central space can still be used for drop down screens.
Old 29th August 2008, 18:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselone View Post
Hmmmmm ... thats a good idea technically, but since many safari's are chauffeur driven instant cooling of the middle row is also a important requirement.
With the cooling coil facing the front, I meant. That way the rear seat will still get cooled but people like me who sweat a lot will also get cool air at the back of their heads in the driver's seat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks