Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2008, 07:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Follow up post - In case you again have such a niggle again just ask service station to also replace a small "o" ring that seals the fuel suction pipe inside the fuel pump. This tends to break when re-assembling and can there after cause jerks with sir suction or hindering of fuel flow.
Old 11th June 2012, 08:22   #17
BHPian

Re: SWIFT Petrol Engine jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

Next day i went to service station, they decided to check the fuel tank for any dust accumulation....below are the photo's which explains the same....

Can you please confirm that the jerking has not been experienced after the cleaning of the Fuel Tank and the Fuel Filter.
It would be really appreciated.
Old 11th June 2012, 08:58   #18
BHPian

I had a similar issue with my SX4. Initially the mechanic said it could be either the electricals or blockage in carburetor.

The culprit was the blockage in carburetor which mean bad fuel. (I though had to get the sparks and coil changed too; as a part of problem solving procedure ).

For the first time in my life I probably would say that "GOVERNMENT" gas stations are preferable. IMHO.
Old 11th June 2012, 09:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon
I had a similar issue with my SX4. Initially the mechanic said it could be either the electricals or blockage in carburetor.

The culprit was the blockage in carburetor which mean bad fuel
Ummm, I'm not really sure, but.. Does the SX4 come with carburettors?

Cheers,
R_S
Old 11th June 2012, 10:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post

Cheers,
R_S
I don't think so. Its an MPFi car. Maybe xydon is talking about injectors, or fuel line/pump?
Old 11th June 2012, 14:08   #21
BHPian

Hi,

Actually problem not solved permanently after doing tank clean, it was fine for another 2-3 months, again it was started, i am sure it will be bad fuel with dust. after that i have not comlpined again becuase of rare feel of the jerk, in 2010 june i switched over to punto-diesel.
subbarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 14:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

Actually problem not solved permanently after doing tank clean, it was fine for another 2-3 months, again it was started, i am sure it will be bad fuel with dust. after that i have not comlpined again becuase of rare feel of the jerk, in 2010 june i switched over to punto-diesel.
It is not feasible to clean the fuel tank and filter every 2-3 months in case I want to keep the car!

prateek_ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 09:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post

Cheers,
R_S
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek_ch View Post
I don't think so. Its an MPFi car. Maybe xydon is talking about injectors, or fuel line/pump?
Sorry guys, my bad! Have been working a lot with mechanics for the past 2 days .

"Saab, karabarator mein kachada!"
Old 12th June 2012, 10:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon View Post
Sorry guys, my bad! Have been working a lot with mechanics for the past 2 days .

"Saab, karabarator mein kachada!"
But on a serious note, in case the mechanic try to clean the "karbarrattor" on an MPFi, there is a cause of concern!!
Old 18th June 2012, 15:54   #25
BHPian

Our 2007 swift VXi, done ~22000kms also has this jerking problem. This happens only in 2nd gear (around 2k on the tacho) while driving in slow moving bumper to bumper traffic. When releasing the accelerator while still enaging the clutch fully, it feels like the clutch is being engaged and disengaged at intervals of 2-3 seconds and thus all the passengers in the car move back and forth. Its extremely uncomfortable and everyone in the car accuses me of driving a swift like a lorry.

Anyone with similar problems? What could be the reason for this? I dont think its a clutch problem because it happens only in 2nd gear.
Old 18th June 2012, 21:07   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash
Our 2007 swift VXi, done ~22000kms also has this jerking problem. This happens only in 2nd gear (around 2k on the tacho)
Anyone with similar problems? What could be the reason for this? I dont think its a clutch problem because it happens only in 2nd gear.
I own a 2006 Swift Vxi with approximately 80000 clicks on the odo. I have never experienced this problem till this January 2012 for almost 5.5 years. At that time my swift had clocked 76750 on the odo. I have been servicing regularly at MSM chennai. The parts changed in Jan 2012 were as shown in image enclosed.

SWIFT Petrol Engine jerk-image2338700330.jpg

after this service, I started having this jerking issue especially while shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. The SA at MSM said it had to do some thing with my driving style. I could not accept that as it was happening with anybody driving. I have been told that my spark plugs have to be replaced (I had iridium plugs earlier). Now they are asking me to change the ignition coils. The only other mod I have done is K&N air filter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks