Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 12:45   #106
BHPian

Re: Ac compressor gone bust?

Hi guys, the ac compressor of my chevrolet optra 1.8 is dead. I was advised sanden 507, spoke to 2-3 ac guys from team bhp directory.
They quoted 14k-16k for replacement.
I checked the price of compressor from swastik motors kashmere gate, the price of sanden compressor, new model of 507, is 6500.
Any idea what would be the cost of fitting it and what other parts need to be procured?

Last edited by Aksthedreamer : 16th June 2016 at 13:13. Reason: Typo
Old 23rd August 2016, 10:27   #107
BHPian

Sorry to hijack this thread... My Toyota Qualis (Petrol) AC suddenly went bust. Checked the fuse etc, seems ok.

Can you good folks recommend a good AC Technician in Hyderabad who will not take me for a ride?

Also I heard many folks mention Subros. Will contacting them be a good idea?

Many Thanks

- Krishnan
Old 6th February 2017, 19:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

Got a used Aria a week ago. One day the A/C wasn't working - and upon restarting the engine it did ok again - tho I perceived lower cooling. On a trip day before yesterday, saw fumes from the compressor's pulley/belt and then it packed up altogether - and the mech said the pulley's not moving so it's probably busted.

Is it worth repairing these? Or should one just change the compressor? What are one's options outside of OE parts?
Old 9th February 2017, 00:13   #109
BHPian

Contact a reputed ac technician. From the symptoms is likely that the clutch or the pulley only are damaged. Repair is easy and recommended. If that fails, compressor may be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Got a used Aria a week ago. One day the A/C wasn't working - and upon restarting the engine it did ok again - tho I perceived lower cooling. On a trip day before yesterday, saw fumes from the compressor's pulley/belt and then it packed up altogether - and the mech said the pulley's not moving so it's probably busted.

Is it worth repairing these? Or should one just change the compressor? What are one's options outside of OE parts?

Last edited by fighterace : 9th February 2017 at 00:14. Reason: Clarity
fighterace is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks